Crosby's Next Contract

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Crosby's Next Contract

Postby darkstar57 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:40 am

mikey287 wrote:Important part of this: there's a lot of talk in league circles that maximum contract length will be an issue in the new CBA (hopefully set for September 15th). Crosby might be one of the last to be grandfathered in. Gotta get the big deal done now before they might be out-lawed. Though, I doubt Crosby's is too "creative" because it won't have him playing until he's 46...

sad we can't do that to geno too
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Postby mikey287 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:44 am

darkstar57 wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Important part of this: there's a lot of talk in league circles that maximum contract length will be an issue in the new CBA (hopefully set for September 15th). Crosby might be one of the last to be grandfathered in. Gotta get the big deal done now before they might be out-lawed. Though, I doubt Crosby's is too "creative" because it won't have him playing until he's 46...

Well, we'll see what the rules look like...you also don't know that Geno wants to remain a Penguin for life either...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tfrizz on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:01 pm

mikey287 wrote:
darkstar57 wrote:

Well, we'll see what the rules look like...you also don't know that Geno wants to remain a Penguin for life either...

Good point. With Crosby, I don't think there was anyone that doubted him wanting to be a lifer.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins