2012 LGP College Football Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am

canaan wrote:
newarenanow wrote:We can start a premium college FB site were I'm the rumor monger who flies off the handle at every rumor and you are the logical guy that treats me like his mentally challenged little brother. I think we can get some nice dough just for the entertainment value.

I think there are a few people on here that would pay for that.

isnt this what happened in the last thread?

Yes, but we will be paid if we have a premium site. You leaches shouldn't get that for free.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:00 am

Is this website going to have premium content?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby Rocco on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:01 am

columbia wrote:Is this website going to have premium content?

I'll be able to swear and call NAN and others what I want to call them and not be held down or filtered. And there will be pictures of scantily-clad females.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:07 am

maybe this new site, posters will be able to have obnoxious signatures of girls with nice racks and so forth. it will be really classy and mature

also

tino stinks.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby jimjom on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:15 am

This thread will be joining the SEC in 2013. (sorry NAN couldn't resist)
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:23 am

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:maybe this new site, posters will be able to have obnoxious signatures of girls with nice racks and so forth. it will be really classy and mature

also

tino stinks.

I really hope that Meyers or Voytik impresses big time in camp and the coaches have no choice but to play one of them over Tino. Can't say that I am too optimistic about that possibility though.

Tino was a little better (though not much) in Wanny's pro style as opposed to the high octane, so I am hoping that if he starts, he will be able to manage the game a little better than last year.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:39 am

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I really hope that Meyers or Voytik impresses big time in camp and the coaches have no choice but to play one of them over Tino. Can't say that I am too optimistic about that possibility though.

Tino was a little better (though not much) in Wanny's pro style as opposed to the high octane, so I am hoping that if he starts, he will be able to manage the game a little better than last year.

sorry bro, but the "lets all just pray that meyers has a pulse and chryst sees the light" bandwagon has come and gone. Trey effing anderson was giving meyers the run for his money as the #2 guy in spring camp. there is no reason to expect anything other than tino getting the vast majority of the playing time barring injury. of course, for all of tinos faults, you certainly can not fault him for being a china doll. the kid does not get hurt.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:53 am

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I really hope that Meyers or Voytik impresses big time in camp and the coaches have no choice but to play one of them over Tino. Can't say that I am too optimistic about that possibility though.

sorry bro, but the "lets all just pray that meyers has a pulse and chryst sees the light" bandwagon has come and gone. Trey effing anderson was giving meyers the run for his money as the #2 guy in spring camp. there is no reason to expect anything other than tino getting the vast majority of the playing time barring injury. of course, for all of tinos faults, you certainly can not fault him for being a china doll. the kid does not get hurt.

Good call. I totally forgot about Anderson passing Meyers on the depth chart. Too bad Tom Savage couldnt gain eligibility this year, as he probably could have beaten out Tino.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rocco on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:54 am

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:

Good call. I totally forgot about Anderson passing Meyers on the depth chart. Too bad Tom Savage couldnt gain eligibility this year, as he probably could have beaten out Tino.

All this Tino hate is going to look silly when he's claiming the Heisman trophy this year.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ulf on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:06 am

Rocco wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:

All this Tino hate is going to look silly when he's claiming the Heisman trophy this year.

If Tino has one good game this year, I hope he throws for 400 against VT for the lolz
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rocco on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:17 am

Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:27 am

I can't wait for everyone to claim how they always believed in Tino when he's on the SI cover and a fixture of ESPN's college football coverage due to his prolific passing numbers.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:34 am

Rocco wrote:I can't wait for everyone to claim how they always believed in Tino when he's on the SI cover and a fixture of ESPN's college football coverage due to his prolific passing numbers.

I always believed in Bill Stull. :pop:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:37 am

newarenanow wrote:
Rocco wrote:I can't wait for everyone to claim how they always believed in Tino when he's on the SI cover and a fixture of ESPN's college football coverage due to his prolific passing numbers.

After having Tino at the helm these past 2 seasons, I really miss Bill Stull (never thought I was udder those words in my life).
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:38 am

nan never believed in stull
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby skullman80 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:48 am

Yeah I'm yearning for Stull compared to Sunseri.. .how friggin pathetic is that.

I guess though if I know Sunseri is going into the year as the starting QB, I can just go in knowing Pitt will not be any good, rather than hoping they do well and have them rip my heart out like they normally do.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rocco on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:57 am

newarenanow wrote:

You would believe in something regardless of contradictory evidence? I am shocked.

There was an interesting article yesterday about a memo Chuck Neinas wrote on the forbidden subject.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Rocco wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

You would believe in something regardless of contradictory evidence? I am shocked.

There was an interesting article yesterday about a memo Chuck Neinas wrote on the forbidden subject.

There are also direct quotes from Oliver Luck on the subject that must not be named today in the WV newspaper.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:28 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Rocco wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

There are also direct quotes from Oliver Luck on the subject that must not be named today in the WV newspaper.

It's a shame I can't look forward to you providing spin from message board insiders about how everything beign said is all a smokescreen on the forbidden subject anymore.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:30 pm

It's a smokescreen. Done deal.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby jimjom on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:46 pm

Should I be happy, grateful, or ashamed that Mike Hugenin on Yahoo has Pitt ranked at 49 or under?
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:47 pm

Interesting take on the advantages of a small conference without a championship game when it comes to making the Football equivalent of the "Final Four"

Also factoring into the equation is the fact that a league with only 10 teams could have a better chance of getting one or more schools into the four-team playoff.  Without a conference championship game, that’s one less chance a top team has to slip up.

“We may have, as a conference, a distinct advantage to getting one or getting two of our teams in the top four due to the fact that we only have 10 teams and other conferences have 14,” Luck said. 
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby CBear3 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:15 pm

Wishful thinking.

Everybody plays each other still in a small conference so there's no chance of multiple teams being undefeated. In fact it may be a detriment, if you have two one loss teams I doubt both get into the show, and one can't make a more compelling case than the other they both may be written off as ordinary and left to twist in the wind.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ulf on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:22 pm

less chances to impress too.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rylan on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:27 pm

This isn't the same...

Anyway, I am glad that THIS is the final year of Tino. What a terrible QB.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR