Jagr to BOS

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby Lesky on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Would you rather bring back the mullet or Jagr? Thats the question
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,472
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:12 pm

Neither?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,628
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby Tico Rick on Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:16 pm

Personally, I would like to see Jagr's mullet hanging from the rafters at the CEC, but I don't think the Dept. of Health would go along with that idea.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,153
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby tfrizz on Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:31 pm

Talk on Twitter today (alliteration lol) saying that Jagr wants a 1-year $4-million deal :?
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,091
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby jagr's mullet on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:32 pm

Lesky wrote:Would you rather bring back the mullet or Jagr? Thats the question

I resemble that remark
jagr's mullet
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 2:27 am
Location: Boston

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby Lesky on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:22 am

tfrizz wrote:Talk on Twitter today (alliteration lol) saying that Jagr wants a 1-year $4-million deal :?


Yeah, several sources have claimed this. Based on other contracts signed thus far its reasonable. Although I had hope Jagr would sign for 3 million. With a 4 million contract there will be lots of pressure on him to perform even at his age.
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,472
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby jimjom on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:42 am

4 million for 54 points--not shabby but I'd say 3 is more reasonable.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,838
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: Presto

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby canaan on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:55 am

4mil is good market value for a 1 yr term.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,451
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby Tico Rick on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:14 am

Lesky, what will you do once Jagr retires?
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,153
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby Lesky on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:02 pm

According to a source w/knowledge of proceedings, Jaromir Jagr isn't interested in going to Habs or Bruins. Talking w/Stars now #BruinsTalk


Per https://twitter.com/HackswithHaggs/stat ... 6604121089
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,472
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby Lesky on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:56 pm

jimjom wrote:4 million for 54 points--not shabby but I'd say 3 is more reasonable.


62 points in 81 games including playoffs. Parise had 69 points in 82 games :D
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,472
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:30 pm

Lesky wrote:
jimjom wrote:4 million for 54 points--not shabby but I'd say 3 is more reasonable.


62 points in 81 games including playoffs. Parise had 69 points in 82 games :D


Parise also had 82 points in 09-10 while Jagr couldn't even make an NHL roster and had to go to Russia.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,536
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby Lesky on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:37 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
Lesky wrote:
jimjom wrote:4 million for 54 points--not shabby but I'd say 3 is more reasonable.


62 points in 81 games including playoffs. Parise had 69 points in 82 games :D


Parise also had 82 points in 09-10 while Jagr couldn't even make an NHL roster and had to go to Russia.



Hahaha. Lol. Jagr could not even make a roster? He choose to play in Russia for 3 years because he had promised the ownership of Omsk to comeback and play their!

I can not believe anyone would actually believe a player that would made it to the NHL top 5 in points ALL TIME have problems making an NHL roster.
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,472
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:38 pm

Lesky wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
Lesky wrote:
jimjom wrote:4 million for 54 points--not shabby but I'd say 3 is more reasonable.


62 points in 81 games including playoffs. Parise had 69 points in 82 games :D


Parise also had 82 points in 09-10 while Jagr couldn't even make an NHL roster and had to go to Russia.



Hahaha. Lol. Jagr could not even make a roster? He choose to play in Russia for 3 years because he had promised the ownership of Omsk to comeback and play their!

I can not believe anyone would actually believe a player that would made it to the NHL top 5 in points ALL TIME have problems making an NHL roster.


Clearly having trouble right now.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,536
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby Lesky on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:46 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
Lesky wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
Lesky wrote:
jimjom wrote:4 million for 54 points--not shabby but I'd say 3 is more reasonable.


62 points in 81 games including playoffs. Parise had 69 points in 82 games :D


Parise also had 82 points in 09-10 while Jagr couldn't even make an NHL roster and had to go to Russia.



Hahaha. Lol. Jagr could not even make a roster? He choose to play in Russia for 3 years because he had promised the ownership of Omsk to comeback and play their!

I can not believe anyone would actually believe a player that would made it to the NHL top 5 in points ALL TIME have problems making an NHL roster.


Clearly having trouble right now!


Having trouble with what? Deciding which of the 21 teams he should pick? :fist:
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,472
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:50 pm

Lesky wrote:Having trouble with what? Deciding which of the 21 teams he should pick? :fist:


Weren't you just saying two pages ago there's no way 21 teams sent him offers?

Also, Montreal doesn't want him, Dallas doesn't want him, Boston doesn't want him. Haven't heard anyone say they do.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,536
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby Lesky on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:56 pm

Dallas doesn't want him, Boston doesn't want him.


Source?

Several media outlets ran with the 21 offers story, first I thought it was only a joke by Svoboda.

The only issue here is that Jagr wants to wait for the big guns to sign and free up money on other teams. He also do not want to sign with a team that stocked with RWs.
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,472
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby bhaw on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Lol... Jagr to the Stars for $4.5M. All he wants to do is chase money. There is no "I want to win" or "I have always wanted to play with _____." It's all about the biggest check. It's his right but can we stop pretending there's something else at play here. If you have the most money, you can land Jagr and he is doing and has done in the last 2 years everything possible to maximize that pay check, including lying to other teams.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,983
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby jmh470 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:04 pm

Image
jmh470
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,370
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:59 pm
Location: At my Ben Murphiest

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby llipgh2 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:05 pm

Josh Yohe

Like someone who won Stanley Cups with Jagr once told me: "He'll always take the most money. Always. That:s him."
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,378
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby Malkamaniac on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:08 pm

"21 offers" from other teams and it's about the winning when he signs for almost five million? Lol please.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,948
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Did I miss the part where someone said it was about winning?

Also this is pretty interesting. Thats a really nice top 6.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,955
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:42 pm

I make a motion to move the Jagr to Dallas thread to NPR and then lock this one.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,628
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby André on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:43 am

Well MrRandall25 certainly doesn't win the thread :D Swing and miss on pretty much everything.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,286
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:51 am
Location: Gävle, Sweden

Re: Jagr to PHI

Postby Lesky on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 am

I make a motion to move the Jagr to Dallas thread to NPR merge it with this one. Or simply rename this one to "Jagr to Dallas as well" and let the other one die in the other forum.
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,472
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Sweden

PreviousNext

Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

e-mail