Fa's are gone, contend for cups

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Fa's are gone, contend for cups

Postby Fast B on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:44 pm

jwit wrote:hey idiot 40, i'll put my engineering degree up to whatever you have anytime. I went to a school you couldn't mop floors for.

I really can't wait to see how you dig yourself out of this one, champ.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:51 pm

Not that I necessarily disagree with the OP's initial post, but he needs to put more care into grammar/spelling.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Daniel87 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Bunkerman535 wrote:
DelPen wrote:I think the issue at hand is that even though we didn't get better no one else in the East did. Minnesota git better today but they still have a ton of caps to fill. Matt Cullen is their 2nd line center. Sutter is better than him.

We need to get lucky and find a different wing for Malkin and put Kunitz back with Sid and Dupuis. That's all the balance we need.

I also hope that Niskanen and Martin somehow make each other better. They haven't played much together but we will see that in october if no other defenseman is acquired.

We aren't really any worse than we were to end the season. Strait and Despres were outplaying Michalek and Staal was garbage playing defense. I lost track of how many goals I saw him watching from the blue line.

Don't use revisionist history Staal was one of the best players the Penguins had period. They are not as good as the team Philly dismantled in the playoffs.

Staal might have been our best offensive player, but we didn't need that from him. We needed him to shutdown Giroux's line and he failed miserably. You need to consider the Pens needs, not just who the "better" player is.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Daniel87 wrote:
Bunkerman535 wrote:
DelPen wrote:I think the issue at hand is that even though we didn't get better no one else in the East did. Minnesota git better today but they still have a ton of caps to fill. Matt Cullen is their 2nd line center. Sutter is better than him.

We need to get lucky and find a different wing for Malkin and put Kunitz back with Sid and Dupuis. That's all the balance we need.

I also hope that Niskanen and Martin somehow make each other better. They haven't played much together but we will see that in october if no other defenseman is acquired.

We aren't really any worse than we were to end the season. Strait and Despres were outplaying Michalek and Staal was garbage playing defense. I lost track of how many goals I saw him watching from the blue line.

Don't use revisionist history Staal was one of the best players the Penguins had period. They are not as good as the team Philly dismantled in the playoffs.

Staal might have been our best offensive player, but we didn't need that from him. We needed him to shutdown Giroux's line and he failed miserably. You need to consider the Pens needs, not just who the "better" player is.

So you think Staal should have single handedly shut them down? What?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins