Is today it??

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Is today it??

Postby ville5 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:52 am

Is today Happy Shane Doan day??
ville5
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Is today it??

Postby SolidSnake on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:04 am

That would be the 9th
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: "Whatcha you be smokin' cuz? you guys aren't nothing but hoopty"

Postby ville5 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:16 am

SolidSnake wrote:That would be the 9th

Doan's agent told TFP that he won't sign with the Coyotes or any team until July 8 at the earliest.

Quote:
However, Doan isn't itching to leave the organization and "wants to give the Coyotes every opportunity" to sign him, his agent, Terry Bross, told TFP Saturday evening.

Speaking to TFP Editor-in-Chief David Pagnotta, Bross indicated the earliest his client would sign a contract -- with the Coyotes or another club -- would presumably be July 8, the date in which the Coyotes will have a clearer picture as to whether or not they'll be staying in Arizona.
ville5
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby penny lane on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:04 am

thank-you GM Shero for having the patience of Job!

Just say NO to Alex Semim, day 4! ;)
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Fire0nice228 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:57 pm

I thought everything I saw said the 9th..
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby davemess on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:04 pm

Hasnt the Coyotes situation been extended for another week or so? Thought i heard the date had been moved to the 16th.

Good chance Doan doesnt do anything this week, unless he is just fed up waiting on the Coyotes and goes elsewhere.
davemess
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Nizzy on Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:17 pm

Doan n at
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jogr4909 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:22 pm

According to Hockey Insiderrr tweet a few mins ago, pens have 2 year offer sent to Doan via agent. Take that for what it is worth.

"#Pens have contacted Doan's agent this morning. #CONFIRMED 2 year offer on the table. Agent will submit it to Doan tomorrow."
jogr4909
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Juice on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:30 pm

jogr4909 wrote:According to Hockey Insiderrr tweet a few mins ago, pens have 2 year offer sent to Doan via agent. Take that for what it is worth.

"#Pens have contacted Doan's agent this morning. #CONFIRMED 2 year offer on the table. Agent will submit it to Doan tomorrow."

take that for what it is worth? i just flushed what it is worth. damnit.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby KG on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:34 pm

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod

While there are 11 teams interested in Doan, only a select few will be seriously considered when push comes to shove.

It doesn't take an insiderrrr to figure out that we are in on Doan. He fits perfectly in what Shero would like to bring in...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby jogr4909 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:37 pm

Juice wrote:
jogr4909 wrote:According to Hockey Insiderrr tweet a few mins ago, pens have 2 year offer sent to Doan via agent. Take that for what it is worth.

take that for what it is worth? i just flushed what it is worth. damnit.

Got it. I think that is the first I heard of an actual offer. So one can get excited over their favorite hockey player possibly coming to the Pens.
jogr4909
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:30 pm

Who Doan the Chiefs?
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Durbano on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:41 pm

CERV96 wrote:Who Doan the Chiefs?

Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BfromD on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:49 pm

CERV96 wrote:Who Doan the Chiefs?

Lol at thought of Denis Lemieux saying "Dooooaaaaaaan. dooooaaaaaaan."
BfromD
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby jimjom on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:22 am

Who Doans the Coyotes? The NHL.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby columbia on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:45 am

Phoenix Coyotes' Shane Doan ready to look over options
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/article ... tions.html
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Hawkeynut on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:06 am

Don't get your hopes up for Doan. I believe he will remain a Coyote.

I am so sick of the Coyotes saga that I don't want Doan for that one reason. Let me explain myself, I don't want Doan here if the Pens are a "Plan B" for him and I don't want to have to wait for him based on if the Coyotes are staying or not. Yes, I realize that he is the Pens "Plan B" but I just don't care to have to wait for the Coyotes demise in order for Doan to get here.

For once, I want a player to sign here because the Pens were his first choice and he was the Pens first choice. I guess that will come in due time.
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby sil on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:09 am

Hawkeynut wrote:For once, I want a player to sign here because the Pens were his first choice and he was the Pens first choice. I guess that will come in due time.

Martin, Paul.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Luckybreak on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:16 am

columbia wrote:Phoenix Coyotes' Shane Doan ready to look over options
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/article ... tions.html

Not overly optimistic but I would expect him to express his desire to stay a Yote to local media. Not only is it likely true (he genuinely wants to finish his career there) it may also encourage GM's to offer a little more to pry him away.

I would have no regrets if he signed with the Pens knowing we weren't his 'first choice'. Should the Yotes fall through he will have plenty of offers without Phoenix being an option, hopefully of those offers he chooses the Pens first!
Luckybreak
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby KG on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:24 am

Hawkeynut wrote:Don't get your hopes up for Doan. I believe he will remain a Coyote.

I am so sick of the Coyotes saga that I don't want Doan for that one reason. Let me explain myself, I don't want Doan here if the Pens are a "Plan B" for him and I don't want to have to wait for him based on if the Coyotes are staying or not. Yes, I realize that he is the Pens "Plan B" but I just don't care to have to wait for the Coyotes demise in order for Doan to get here.

For once, I want a player to sign here because the Pens were his first choice and he was the Pens first choice. I guess that will come in due time.

I have no problem being his Plan B, C or D for that matter. These are professionals. If he comes to Pittsburgh it's not going to be we offered him the most money, it's going to be he thinks it's a good fit and best opportunity for him to win a cup.
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby beLIEve on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:41 am

sil wrote:
Hawkeynut wrote:For once, I want a player to sign here because the Pens were his first choice and he was the Pens first choice. I guess that will come in due time.

Martin, Paul.

I have no doubt that Paul's first choice was to play here, but wasn't Shero's first choice Dan Hamhuis that offseason? Maybe I'm mixing up years. They all run together anymore :(
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby no name on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:48 am

beLIEve wrote:
sil wrote:

Martin, Paul.

I have no doubt that Paul's first choice was to play here, but wasn't Shero's first choice Dan Hamhuis that offseason? Maybe I'm mixing up years. They all run together anymore :(

Got no problem with Doan seems like he was honest from the get go about his desire to stay in Phoenix. Just wants to make sure he is still in Phoenix when his contract expires. Pittsburgh would be a awsume place for him to finish his career.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby meecrofilm on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:07 am

He's staying out west.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby sil on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:08 am

beLIEve wrote:
sil wrote:

Martin, Paul.

There were two spots that season. The way I always viewed it (based both on Shero's press conference following the signing, and McKenzie's tweets regarding Martin) was that Martin and Hamhuis were Shero's top-2 targets for the two spots he had. Ham signed with Vancouver, and Michalek was the consolation prize for missing Hamhuis. I've always been pretty confident that Shero absolutely wanted to sign Paul Martin.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Hawkeynut on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:15 am

sil wrote:
beLIEve wrote:
sil wrote:

Martin, Paul.

There were two spots that season. The way I always viewed it (based both on Shero's press conference following the signing, and McKenzie's tweets regarding Martin) was that Martin and Hamhuis were Shero's top-2 targets for the two spots he had. Ham signed with Vancouver, and Michalek was the consolation prize for missing Hamhuis. I've always been pretty confident that Shero absolutely wanted to sign Paul Martin.

Hmm, thanks for setting the facts straight. I guess not all mutual "Plan A" signings work out (so far). That being said, I don't expect Martin to have another bad season next year. I think he will have a bounce back year next season. I have a feeling it was more about pairings than individual issues.
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins