Is today it??

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Is today it??

Postby sil on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:19 am

Hawkeynut wrote:Hmm, thanks for setting the facts straight. I guess not all mutual "Plan A" signings work out (so far). That being said, I don't expect Martin to have another bad season next year. I think he will have a bounce back year next season. I have a feeling it was more about pairings than individual issues.

Well, it was my understanding based on things said...so not necessarily facts. It's just how I viewed it, and still feel it went down. I agree that there's no reason to think Paul will have another awful season. There's good reason to hope he can bounce back.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby offsides on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:56 am

sil wrote:
Hawkeynut wrote:Hmm, thanks for setting the facts straight. I guess not all mutual "Plan A" signings work out (so far). That being said, I don't expect Martin to have another bad season next year. I think he will have a bounce back year next season. I have a feeling it was more about pairings than individual issues.

Well, it was my understanding based on things said...so not necessarily facts. It's just how I viewed it, and still feel it went down. I agree that there's no reason to think Paul will have another awful season. There's good reason to hope he can bounce back.

Sure hope you're right, but just what is the good reason? It seems a little early to come to this conclusion. To me, same coach with same system and same player equals same results.

Like I said though, sure hope you're right.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby sil on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:01 am

offsides wrote:
sil wrote:

Sure hope you're right, but just what is the good reason? It seems a little early to come to this conclusion. To me, same coach with same system and same player equals same results.

Like I said though, sure hope you're right.

The good reason is that he hasn't looked like a lump of scrambled-egg-making garbage his whole career. He's shown he can play very well, and even in DB's system like he did in 2010-11.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby HockeyDaddy on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:10 pm

Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshelly

Add #Penguins to list on UFA Doan. Agent Terry Bross via email: "They have been in contact and Shane is interested."
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Collider on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:11 pm

Hey pens management, I like Shane Doan.
Collider
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby HockeyDaddy on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:20 pm

It also looks like Doan has stated that he has interest in Vancouver and Detroit as well.
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Tico Rick on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:34 pm

I wonder if Doan will pull a Parise and spend several days weighing the decision, fly home to ponder it with his significant other, and then spend a few more days before announcing he's signed to play with a meddling club.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby HockeyDaddy on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:40 pm

Tico Rick wrote:I wonder if Doan will pull a Parise and spend several days weighing the decision, fly home to ponder it with his significant other, and then spend a few more days before announcing he's signed to play with a meddling club.

I wonder if Twitter will explode while he decides?
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby no name on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:47 pm

So does this mean the Phoenix saituation doesn't look good for the franchise staying there long term?

I would like to see Doan playing for the Pens. I would like to see Doan-Crosby-Kunitz line followed by Neal-Malkin-Dupuis.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby meecrofilm on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:51 pm

He's probably using the more eastern-teams like Detroit and Pittsburgh as bargaining chips to squeeze more out of whatever western team he ends up signing with.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby columbia on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Whether or not Doan is actually interested, it's certainly to his agent's advantage to claim that.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DelPen on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:55 pm

Winnipeg would be funny.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby She'sTheFastest on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:08 pm

For the guys who brought up Paul Martin, I think (hope) last year was an exception. He was excellent in NJ and he was pretty good 2 years ago. History dictates that he's a good d-man, and maybe a change in partner's is just what the doctor ordered.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby farnham16 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:30 pm

So hard to believe we'll get Doan. I would welcome it though.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rylan on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:36 pm

The only thing I think of when I see this thread is an episode of Spongebob where Spongebob is moving cause his Pineapple got eaten.

And on the day of his move, Squidward is all excited waking up from bed exclaiming, "Today's the Big Day! Got to Hurry!"

That is all.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Nizzy on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:48 pm

no way hes slower than guerin so...
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins