OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby Firebird on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:48 am

Firebird
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,768
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:12 pm

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby count2infinity on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:12 am

new woot off. is this the first with the new website design?
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,692
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby shoeshine boy on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:50 am

Woot is dead. killed by the BOC.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,396
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:44 am
Location: me, 3 years Super League

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby JS© on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:02 am

count2infinity wrote:new woot off. is this the first with the new website design?


yeah
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,537
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby JS© on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:03 am

shoeshine boy wrote:Woot is dead. killed by the BOC.


and I like how they've spread out the BOC instead of having it on the 2nd or 3rd day between 4:00 and 5:30. They dropped a random one at 4:30 AM yesterday.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,537
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby mac5155 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:07 am

I dont care for the new layout esp during wootoffs. too cluttered for my liking
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,740
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby JS© on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:17 am

mac5155 wrote:I dont care for the new layout esp during wootoffs. too cluttered for my liking


I like the top since you can skim everything rather quickly.

http://sellout.woot.com/offers/32-piece-set

I was waiting for these on the wootoff. Sellout.woot had them listed all morning and they're now sold out. #BadLuckJS©
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,537
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby mac5155 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:21 am

Does the $5 all you can ship go for woot offs too?
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,740
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby JS© on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:32 am

mac5155 wrote:Does the $5 all you can ship go for woot offs too?


correct sir
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,537
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby canaan on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:32 am

site crashed on me during the BOC purchasing process. womp womp.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,947
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby JS© on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:34 am

Not sure if multiple people can use it or if the coupon code is tracked back to me, but I have this code that expires on July 30th, 2012.

DWMAR12VOTE

$5 off your order or call it free shipping.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,537
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby JS© on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:39 am

bumpasaurus for another wootoff

Just noticed there's now a tech.woot.com, which apparently started on the 16th.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,537
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby mac5155 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:26 pm

Started with a bang too... that dual monitor setup sold out by noon.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,740
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby JeffDFD on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:28 pm

Got a couple of good things from woot recently for really good prices. Wondering if I should have bought the max 3 and sold 2 for profit.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,575
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 2:55 pm
Location: Inside the tumor in Crosby's neck.

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby JS© on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:20 pm

mac5155 wrote:Started with a bang too... that dual monitor setup sold out by noon.


You can probably do better if you pieced it together yourself

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-E2420L- ... 3707wt_905 $298 shipped, if you're willing to do without the dual monitor stand. Paying a little more, but you're going from 21.5" per monitor to 24"
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,537
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one July 14th, 2011)

Postby JS© on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:27 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:
JS© wrote:there was a bunch of weird stuff on the last wootoff.

I almost bought this at the end of the wootoff, but then I thought "what would I do with it?"

Image

http://www.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=18868


Why on Earth would you not want that? I'm currently searching for one just so this football season I can ask my friend if its cool if I bring a friend over to his parties. Then show up with my main man 7ft inflatable Ben Wallace. The woot site just takes me to amazon and they are out and probably not getting any back in.


Two years later, and I still regret not getting this. Sears is now selling it for almost $70.

http://www.sears.com/playair-ben-wallac ... SKIP_LEVEL

Oh, and page bump for day two of the wootoff.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,537
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:07 am

no one cares about wootoffs anymore here. dey ack like dey care but dey don.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,740
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby JS© on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:21 am

I used to look forward to the wootoffs, but since amazon took over it kinda sucks.

Sure, sign me up for 86 deals on various headsets and USB keyboard, followed up by 50 different 47" TVs, all over a 2 day span. It's almost like there's no variety on the site anymore. A few friends were talking about the oddest thing that showed up on there. That's where the Big Ben Wallace thing came into play. Somebody else pointed out the "massager" that was listed. The Buckets Of Crunk are rarely listed anymore. They used to be listed at least every other wootoff, sometimes 2 out of 3 wootoffs. They even did away with the Christmas Crap, which was a woot tradition and pissed off a lot of people.

I still check the site, but not nearly as regularly as I used to.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,537
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:26 am

I feel you there, not much stuff to choose from. Also, they always did a BoC on Christmas day. I stayed up til 1AM (since their site loads in CST) and nothing. I was beyond ticked.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,740
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby JS© on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:33 am

mac5155 wrote:I feel you there, not much stuff to choose from. Also, they always did a BoC on Christmas day. I stayed up til 1AM (since their site loads in CST) and nothing. I was beyond ticked.


Batteries! **** batteries!! I stayed up until 1am for a deal on batteries that wasn't even a deal once shipping was factored in.

I made a tweet that night about I would have been more impressed if they would have listed socks and underwear, which they did favorite, but it didn't change that they ruined a Christmas woot tradition.
Last edited by JS© on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,537
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:34 am

JS© wrote:
mac5155 wrote:I feel you there, not much stuff to choose from. Also, they always did a BoC on Christmas day. I stayed up til 1AM (since their site loads in CST) and nothing. I was beyond ticked.


Batteries! **** batteries!! I stayed up until 1am for a deal on batteries that wasn't even a deal once shipping was factored in.

I made a tweet that night about I would have been more impressed if they would have listed socks and underwear, which they did favorite, but it didn't change that they ruined a Christmas woot tradition.


I remember that now haha. Yeah I just slammed my computer in disgust and went to bed.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,740
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby JS© on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:37 am

They weren't even good Duracells. They were crappy Panasonics that would probably run dead after 2 weeks in my remote (see link above.)
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,537
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one July 14th, 2011)

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:15 pm

JS© wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:
JS© wrote:there was a bunch of weird stuff on the last wootoff.

I almost bought this at the end of the wootoff, but then I thought "what would I do with it?"

Image

http://www.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=18868


Why on Earth would you not want that? I'm currently searching for one just so this football season I can ask my friend if its cool if I bring a friend over to his parties. Then show up with my main man 7ft inflatable Ben Wallace. The woot site just takes me to amazon and they are out and probably not getting any back in.


Two years later, and I still regret not getting this. Sears is now selling it for almost $70.

http://www.sears.com/playair-ben-wallac ... SKIP_LEVEL

Oh, and page bump for day two of the wootoff.

So its essentially a Ben Wallace blow up doll? Ha!
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,378
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:20 pm

It IS a Ben Wallace blow up doll
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,143
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: OMG WOOT! OFF WOOT! OFF (new one April 24th 2012)

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:It IS a Ben Wallace blow up doll

Fun for the whole family?
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,378
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


e-mail