Offical season ticket holder

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Offical season ticket holder

Postby Eismann on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:26 am

newarenanow wrote:So now that it is offical, how do I ***** about everything and fit in with the others.

It'll come naturally. "WOWEEEE EVERYTING IZ SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GRAAAAAAAAAAATE1111!!!!!" doesn't last. Although, you clearly have been going for a while, so you're well on your way already.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby She'sTheFastest on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Guys, I just blue myself...that's a arrested development reference :pop:
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FreeCandy44 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:52 pm

She'sTheFastest wrote:Guys, I just blue myself...that's a arrested development reference :pop:

;) nice
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby moondart on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:55 am

Senka wrote:Our Tix and Parking up to like 10K this year... Been selling 80% of games the last two years just to keep them :(

Ditto that for me...but more like 50%
moondart
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pittsoccer33 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:51 am

i dont understand why people who regularly visit the arena pay for parking. i can see those from the suburbs or people who rarely head down to the arena and therefore are unfamiliar with the area, but there are literally hundreds if not thousands of spots available for free after 6pm within several blocks of the cec. quicker to get out too.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:56 am

pittsoccer33 wrote:i dont understand why people who regularly visit the arena pay for parking. i can see those from the suburbs or people who rarely head down to the arena and therefore are unfamiliar with the area, but there are literally hundreds if not thousands of spots available for free after 6pm within several blocks of the cec. quicker to get out too.

After 6? I don't believe that. Maybe between 5:15 and whenever most people start arriving for games, but certainly not 6.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:51 pm

pittsoccer33 wrote:i dont understand why people who regularly visit the arena pay for parking. i can see those from the suburbs or people who rarely head down to the arena and therefore are unfamiliar with the area, but there are literally hundreds if not thousands of spots available for free after 6pm within several blocks of the cec. quicker to get out too.

I pay for parking:

1. I only have to pay $3. I have a parking card for the BNY Mellon garages

2. I know a number of folks who've had their cars broken into parking on the Hill side of the CEC.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby roland on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:20 pm

If I may insert a STH gripe regarding the possibility of a lockout. I made a $1200 down payment for the 12-13 season back in March. I've since added 3 more months of payments of about $800 each. Come September 15th, if no deal has been struck and the season is delayed, can I get my $3600 back seeing that I'm getting nothing for the money I have spent? I guarantee you that come October 1st, my monthly payment will be "delayed" while the ownership and players argue over who gets their share of my money.
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:38 pm

roland wrote:If I may insert a STH gripe regarding the possibility of a lockout. I made a $1200 down payment for the 12-13 season back in March. I've since added 3 more months of payments of about $800 each. Come September 15th, if no deal has been struck and the season is delayed, can I get my $3600 back seeing that I'm getting nothing for the money I have spent? I guarantee you that come October 1st, my monthly payment will be "delayed" while the ownership and players argue over who gets their share of my money.

Someone can correct if my memory is off but last lockout we left deposits on to hold our seats. It wasn't much. How that effects pay plans now not sure cause I don't think I was on one before.

My best guess they would refund you and ask you to leave something with them but not all.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:30 am

I'm assuming payments will be carried forward, I'm sure if you really wanted the money back you could drop your tickets.

Also, when you're making payments aren't they for the past season? Maybe you're on a different payment plan. I'm pretty sure my payments for one season run into the next season, but I don't think i've paid in advance other than the deposit.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby King Sid the Great 87 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:52 am

Idoit40fans wrote:I'm assuming payments will be carried forward, I'm sure if you really wanted the money back you could drop your tickets.

Also, when you're making payments aren't they for the past season? Maybe you're on a different payment plan. I'm pretty sure my payments for one season run into the next season, but I don't think i've paid in advance other than the deposit.

No. The only thing open to not be paid for in advance is playoff tickets for which there is at most a two-week lag between the game and the payment.

The Pens aren't giving out season tickets that can cost more than $10K at 0% interest in hopes of getting paid a year later. There is no contractual mechansim for collecting that money. Their leverage comes from the fact that if you haven't paid by the time the game comes (other than playoffs) they can simply void your tickets.

My guess is they freeze future payments and keep what they have credited to your account unless you outright cancel.
King Sid the Great 87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:26 am

Copied directly from my account on the Pens' site.
Payment Plan: Payments will automatically be charged to the credit card of record on the 1st business day starting June 1, 2012 - January 2, 2013.

So you're paying in advance by 4 months...for 4 months.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DocEmrick on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:24 am

Idoit40fans wrote:Copied directly from my account on the Pens' site.
Payment Plan: Payments will automatically be charged to the credit card of record on the 1st business day starting June 1, 2012 - January 2, 2013.

So you're paying in advance by 4 months...for 4 months.

:lol:
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby roland on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:43 pm

I got a STH email to notify me that the deadline to become a Lexus Club member is approaching and I need to act if I want to join. There is an up front one time fee of $500 dollars (per seat) and then a reoccurring yearly fee of $500 (per seat.)

With the lockout pending, and seeing that I've paid over half of the cost already for the season which isn't going to start on time, how can the Pens justify asking me for even more money which includes a deadline for payment which would be $2000. :thumbdown:
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:14 pm

roland wrote:I got a STH email to notify me that the deadline to become a Lexus Club member is approaching and I need to act if I want to join. There is an up front one time fee of $500 dollars (per seat) and then a reoccurring yearly fee of $500 (per seat.)

With the lockout pending, and seeing that I've paid over half of the cost already for the season which isn't going to start on time, how can the Pens justify asking me for even more money which includes a deadline for payment which would be $2000. :thumbdown:

Two-fold:

1) It was probably an automated thing they do.

2) Every team I've seen is acting like the season is going to start on time. The Blue Jackets have been promoting tickets for the games that I don't have under my quarter season plan and they've been putting out tickets for the good games to people who aren't STH's.

They still have a business to run. It's in their best interest to act like the season is going to start, because they lose money.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby drnort on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:27 am

roland wrote:If I may insert a STH gripe regarding the possibility of a lockout. I made a $1200 down payment for the 12-13 season back in March. I've since added 3 more months of payments of about $800 each. Come September 15th, if no deal has been struck and the season is delayed, can I get my $3600 back seeing that I'm getting nothing for the money I have spent? I guarantee you that come October 1st, my monthly payment will be "delayed" while the ownership and players argue over who gets their share of my money.

My initial guess is that no refunds will be made. But payments will stop coming out effective 10/1. Once the lockout is over...they will either adjust future payments based on number of games missed or issue refunds (partial or full) depending on where we stand at that point.

I will be slightly irritated if my 10/1 payment comes out during a lockout, but not mad enough to do anything about it. Worst case scenario, it will be adjusted once the lockout is over.
drnort
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby roland on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:39 am

Pens ticket rep said last week that no more payments would be taken if a lockout happens so there will be no 10/1 payment.

I plan on asking for a refund of the money I've paid on Monday.

If I went to buy a new car and made a down payment and also paid the first 2 years of a 4 year loan and still didn't have my car, I wouldn't say oh well, Im not making my next months payment and leave it at that. Where's my %#*&@ car!!
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Juice on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:56 am

Finally an official season ticket holder.

badlucknan.jpg

LOCKOUT.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:41 pm

for some reason, the thought of being a pen season ticket holder is less attractive than the moments before kenny the kangaroo read this thread.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins