Strange News

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Strange News

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:37 am

Hockeynut! wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/hungary-far-leader-discovers-jewish-roots-155354165.html


Did you see who brought this guy down? Zoltan. :pop:
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,045
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Strange News

Postby columbia on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:25 pm

Kitten Stuck In Bag Of Chips Saved From Subway Tracks
http://gothamist.com/2012/08/17/omg_thi ... uck_in.php
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,417
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Strange News

Postby JS© on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:48 am

Teenager uses fake ID to buy alcohol at SIX different shops: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ead_module

The fake ID?
Image
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,949
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Trying to avoid the mumps.

Re: Strange News

Postby Matthew Monstar on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:37 am

The boy ain't right, I'll tell ya hwhat.
Matthew Monstar
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,071
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:38 pm
Location: oHIo

Re: Strange News

Postby BigMcK on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:34 pm

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2012/aug/20/helium-shortage-affecting-industries-locally-and/

"Commercial helium suppliers, however, say their inability to buy helium directly from the Federal Helium Reserve is another factor. They fear it could worsen the stockpile is shut down because of a government mandate."

Federal Helium Reserve? Huh????
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,269
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:23 pm
Location: Pedaling hard up the hill on a Downtown street

Re: Strange News

Postby columbia on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Helium is vital for certain electricity and magnetism research, where super cool temperatures are required.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,417
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Strange News

Postby BigMcK on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:45 pm

Do you think that in name of research people take a hit from the nozzle and walk around cursing in high pitch voices?
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,269
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:23 pm
Location: Pedaling hard up the hill on a Downtown street

Re: Strange News

Postby meecrofilm on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:47 pm

columbia wrote:Helium is vital for certain electricity and magnetism research, where super cool temperatures are required.


Was I the only one who initially ready this as "super cool" applying to the temprature as an intangible descriptor (a la "awesome")? I hope not. For all of your sakes, not mine.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,625
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.

Re: Strange News

Postby columbia on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:49 pm

meecrofilm wrote:
columbia wrote:Helium is vital for certain electricity and magnetism research, where super cool temperatures are required.


Was I the only one who initially ready this as "super cool" applying to the temprature as an intangible descriptor (a la "awesome")? I hope not. For all of your sakes, not mine.


That's the great thing about writing: a phrase can mean two things at the same time.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,417
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Strange News

Postby pensfan1989 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:45 pm

Police: Drunk lab tech lowered pants, freed monkeys

http://blogs.ajc.com/news-to-me/2012/08 ... news_to_me
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,208
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:51 pm
Location: Ponakronkoski

Re: Strange News

Postby DudeMan2766 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:36 pm

JS© wrote:Teenager uses fake ID to buy alcohol at SIX different shops: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ead_module

The fake ID?
Image


LOL I cant stop laughing.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,428
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm
Location: I NEED A MONTAGE

Re: Strange News

Postby PensFanInDC on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:41 pm

pensfan1989 wrote:Police: Drunk lab tech lowered pants, freed monkeys

http://blogs.ajc.com/news-to-me/2012/08 ... news_to_me



This might be one of the greatest sentences ever:

An experiment on primate alcoholism may have gotten out of control recently in Augusta where police found an allegedly intoxicated lab technician with his pants down in a room with uncaged monkeys.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 25,921
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: Strange News

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:24 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:
pensfan1989 wrote:Police: Drunk lab tech lowered pants, freed monkeys

http://blogs.ajc.com/news-to-me/2012/08 ... news_to_me



This might be one of the greatest sentences ever:

An experiment on primate alcoholism may have gotten out of control recently in Augusta where police found an allegedly intoxicated lab technician with his pants down in a room with uncaged monkeys.


Did you ever see one of those shows where they video tape animals in the wild get drunk on fermented fruit and act all stupid? We're not so different.:)
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: Strange News

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:26 pm

Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: Strange News

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:34 pm

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/22/13414757-did-two-women-killed-by-train-derailment-contribute-to-crash-officials-investigate?lite

Do trains have senors to pick up objects in the path? It just seems weird the train autobreaked, yet the engineers didn't see the girls on the bridge.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,045
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Strange News

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:36 pm



East Asians are incredibly weird. Normally it's Japan that's coming up with/wearing/inventing/fetish-izing weird things, but their bitter rivals across the East China Sea give them a run for their money.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,847
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Strange News

Postby newarenanow on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:41 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:


East Asians are incredibly weird. Normally it's Japan that's coming up with/wearing/inventing/fetish-izing weird things, but their bitter rivals across the East China Sea give them a run for their money.


Why are there a ton of people wearing the Michael Jackson/doctors surgerical mask over there as well?

When I was over in Hong Kong, a lot of people were wearing those things.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,815
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:56 pm

Re: Strange News

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:02 pm

newarenanow wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:


East Asians are incredibly weird. Normally it's Japan that's coming up with/wearing/inventing/fetish-izing weird things, but their bitter rivals across the East China Sea give them a run for their money.


Why are there a ton of people wearing the Michael Jackson/doctors surgerical mask over there as well?

When I was over in Hong Kong, a lot of people were wearing those things.


They're still afraid of SARS
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,546
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Strange News

Postby Shyster on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:30 pm

I don’t know about Hong Kong, but in Japan it’s considered socially polite to wear a mask when you are sick so that you aren’t spreading germs with your coughing and sneezing. I assumed the people I'd see on TV wearing masks were afraid of getting sick, but I since learned that they actually are sick and they’re trying not to infect others.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,457
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:32 pm
Location: Here and there

Re: Strange News

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Apparently, when Koreans play golf, they have two caddies, one to carry their clubs, and one to carry an umbrella to keep them from getting sun tanned. Dunno how true that is.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,142
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:15 pm
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: Strange News

Postby the wicked child on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:47 pm

the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,037
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Strange News

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:23 pm

llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,045
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Strange News

Postby Chefpatrick871 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:27 pm

JS© wrote:Teenager uses fake ID to buy alcohol at SIX different shops: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ead_module

The fake ID?
Image

That boy ain't right.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,535
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:56 pm
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Re: Strange News

Postby llipgh2 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:28 am

llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,045
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Strange News

Postby Sarcastic on Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:47 am

I don't get celebritites. Or in his case, a D-level celebrity.

Stephen Baldwin Arrested in New York City for Driving With a Suspended License
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20120824/b340837/
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BleuLineLady, DelPen, djlm, meow, mikey287, PghSkins, Rocco and 9 guests


e-mail