The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:55 pm

PghSkins wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Did Madden get a new deal? I turned him on yesterday and heard him say you will hear "More Madden, less music." It was at the tail end of what he was saying, so I missed the entire thing.

Not sure if he got a new deal, but he recently tweeted that his show will feature less music.


MOAR COMMERCIALS??????

Speaking of commercials. That is the majority of The Fan. I swear the amount of actual show is probably 40% with commercials/pre-recorded bumps being 60%.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,466
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Between tow shoes, and the Fan has been talking about Ben having his baby, 4 months from now for an hour and a half.

And I just can't do Vincent and Ronald anymore. Cook needs to pick either unbearably monotone or talk unbearably slow, can't be both. And just can't listen to Vinnie say sports radio ninety three seven da fan every 8 seconds anymore
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,428
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm
Location: I NEED A MONTAGE

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby newarenanow on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:09 pm

I love listening to Vinnie and Cook. Pure entertainment.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,792
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:56 pm

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:19 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHH I COULDNT DISAGREE WITH YOU MORE NANERPUSS
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,142
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:15 pm
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:21 pm

I had the displeasure of listening to most of vinnie and Mr personality ron cook. What I learned...

Vinnie like wooing and clint barmas
Ron doesn't like anything including babies and life in general.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,871
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Official Friend of Mayor Peduto

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby columbia on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:22 pm

newarenanow wrote:I love listening to Vinnie and Cook. Pure entertainment.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,414
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:23 pm

columbia wrote:
newarenanow wrote:I love listening to Vinnie and Cook. Pure entertainment.


KennyTheKangaroo wrote:AHHHHHHHHHHHH I COULDNT DISAGREE WITH YOU MORE COLUMBIA
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,142
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:15 pm
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby JS© on Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:48 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:I had the displeasure of listening to most of vinnie and Mr personality ron cook. What I learned...

Vinnie like wooing and clint barmas
Ron doesn't like anything including babies and life in general.


Oh gimme a break.

[/Cook_imitation]
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,949
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Trying to avoid the mumps.

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:10 pm

Hey nan it's ron cook how are ya man
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,506
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:30 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:Hey nan it's ron cook how are ya man

Every time he does this I want the person they have on to say, "What? Who are you again?"
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,466
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby Bioshock on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Vinny and Cook is the worse example of Sports Radio i have ever witnessed. I stopped listening a long time ago. Ron Cook has to be the most miserable human in existence. Vinny is just an idiot who can't do sports radio or ANY RADIO for that matter. Seems like a nice enough guy but he is just a train wreck on the air.

The Fan as a whole is just poison to the world of Sport Radio. The fact that it even has existed for as long as it has truly amazes me. There has to be some absurdly stupid people listening to give them any ratings at all.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,895
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Mt. Lebanon

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby PghSkins on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Bioshock wrote:Vinny and Cook is the worse example of Sports Radio i have ever witnessed. I stopped listening a long time ago. Ron Cook has to be the most miserable human in existence. Vinny is just an idiot who can't do sports radio or ANY RADIO for that matter. Seems like a nice enough guy but he is just a train wreck on the air.

The Fan as a whole is just poison to the world of Sport Radio. The fact that it even has existed for as long as it has truly amazes me. There has to be some absurdly stupid people listening to give them any ratings at all.


Hey Bioshock it's Ron Cook how are ya man?
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,958
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:36 pm
Location: Klinkhammer's German Army

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby profpolisci on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:44 pm


profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,468
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:21 am

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby columbia on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:44 pm

I was hoping you would post that, prof.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,414
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:04 pm

Vinny atleast has a soul. I mean he's almost like a real boy. LOL. Ron....Meh.
Last edited by FreeCandy44 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,871
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Official Friend of Mayor Peduto

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby Troy Loney on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:20 pm

Does he lead in with weird music? All have ever heard him play was springstein.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,248
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Bioshock wrote:Vinny and Cook is the worse example of Sports Radio i have ever witnessed. I stopped listening a long time ago. Ron Cook has to be the most miserable human in existence. Vinny is just an idiot who can't do sports radio or ANY RADIO for that matter. Seems like a nice enough guy but he is just a train wreck on the air.

The Fan as a whole is just poison to the world of Sport Radio. The fact that it even has existed for as long as it has truly amazes me. There has to be some absurdly stupid people listening to give them any ratings at all.



^ Seems like a nice man, wouldn't ya say Josh?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,428
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm
Location: I NEED A MONTAGE

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby PghSkins on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:23 pm

I don't know what took me so long but it hit me today that Josh Miller is so totally stealing a paycheck from that station.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,958
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:36 pm
Location: Klinkhammer's German Army

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:28 pm

I'd give a large portion of my salary to hit Poni in the face repeatedly.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,355
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:29 pm

PghSkins wrote:I don't know what took me so long but it hit me today that Josh Miller is so totally stealing a paycheck from that station.


I liked him in the beginning because he admitted he had no experience with it and was actually going out of his way to learn the ropes. Watched all Pens games and talked about how he's trying to learn more about hockey and he came a long way from when you started, but outside of football, he adds absolutely nothing to any discussion.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,428
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm
Location: I NEED A MONTAGE

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:31 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:
PghSkins wrote:I don't know what took me so long but it hit me today that Josh Miller is so totally stealing a paycheck from that station.



I liked him in the beginning because he admitted he had no experience with it and was actually going out of his way to learn the ropes. Watched all Pens games and talked about how he's trying to learn more about hockey and he came a long way from when you started, but outside of football, he adds absolutely nothing to any discussion.


I like when he admits he checked out with like 30 minutes left for his shift.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,355
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:
PghSkins wrote:I don't know what took me so long but it hit me today that Josh Miller is so totally stealing a paycheck from that station.



I liked him in the beginning because he admitted he had no experience with it and was actually going out of his way to learn the ropes. Watched all Pens games and talked about how he's trying to learn more about hockey and he came a long way from when you started, but outside of football, he adds absolutely nothing to any discussion.


I like when he admits he checked out with like 30 minutes left for his shift.


"Thats phenomanel! Play that post back Craigers. Craigers is going to run that back for us because he's Craigers and thats what Craigers does, right Craigers? Craigers is our producer in case you didnt know who Craigers was. Say hi, Craigers!"


Maybe I'll go as Joe Starkey for Halloween :pop:
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,428
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm
Location: I NEED A MONTAGE

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby JS© on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:I'd give a large portion of my salary to hit Poni in the face repeatedly.


I'd prefer this.



Some reason a superkick would be more satisfying.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,949
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Trying to avoid the mumps.

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:27 pm

Am I wrong on thinking Starkey was better on ESPN radio then da fan?
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,871
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Official Friend of Mayor Peduto

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Postby Bioshock on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:04 pm

My hatred for Vinny, Cook and Miller... Hell, most of the people on The Fan outside of Chris Mueller is so thick and rich you could drizzle it on pancakes. That's how much i despise the people on the air for that station. Tim Benz makes me feel warm and fuzzy in comparison.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,895
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Mt. Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blackjack68, Eismann, Rocco, SolidSnake and 14 guests


e-mail