Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Raiders 2012

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Raiders 2012

Postby BigMcK on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:33 pm

As a Steelers fan living amongst Raiders fan, just glad my day didn't involve being burned by a power line.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/09/23/4847540/2-suffer-electrical-burns-at-oakland.html

"alcohol may have been a factor in Sunday morning's accident,". Gee, ya think???
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,230
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:23 pm
Location: Pedaling hard up the hill on a Downtown street

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Raiders 2012

Postby blackjack68 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:40 pm

BigMcK wrote:As a Steelers fan living amongst Raiders fan, just glad my day didn't involve being burned by a power line.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/09/23/4847540/2-suffer-electrical-burns-at-oakland.html

"alcohol may have been a factor in Sunday morning's accident,". Gee, ya think???


AP misspells Pittsburgh. Shocking!
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,577
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:12 am
Location: formerly Pittsburgh, now NJ

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Raiders 2012

Postby DelPen on Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:58 pm

So in Denver and Oakland the defense didn't stop the other team at all in the seconf half. Gave points on every single drive. Horrible.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,517
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Raiders 2012

Postby pugilist13 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:31 pm

What is there to like about this team other than the QB and the receiving corp? Mediocre, middle of the pack 9-7 at best.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,258
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:51 pm
Location: your back yard

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Raiders 2012

Postby largegarlic on Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:09 pm

pugilist13 wrote:What is there to like about this team other than the QB and the receiving corp? Mediocre, middle of the pack 9-7 at best.


Yep, this is pretty much where I'm at. Out of the people playing yesterday, who would really qualify as a high-level player that you're really excited to have on your team outside of Ben, Brown, and Wallace? Probably Miller and Pouncey, maybe Woodley. That's about it. The rest of the team ranges from mediocre to bad.

It's unfortunate, but not entirely unexpected. I had high hopes for this year based on what I thought would be improved play from both lines and the secondary (areas that got a lot of hype for being improved during training camp), but realistically this team is in a re-tooling phase.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,766
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:56 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Raiders 2012

Postby tifosi77 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:11 pm

columbia wrote:Image

To be fair, Giordano suffered some sort of leg injury on the play. He never made the cut when Wallace turned along the endline. He just sorta..... sat down. Left the field a couple minutes later, too.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,043
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: White-Juday Warp Field Interferometer

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Raiders 2012

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:14 pm

any thoughts on ben's whole "oh i was calling some old plays because i know they work" stuff?
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,115
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Raiders 2012

Postby blackjack68 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:18 pm

largegarlic wrote:
pugilist13 wrote:What is there to like about this team other than the QB and the receiving corp? Mediocre, middle of the pack 9-7 at best.


Yep, this is pretty much where I'm at. Out of the people playing yesterday, who would really qualify as a high-level player that you're really excited to have on your team outside of Ben, Brown, and Wallace? Probably Miller and Pouncey, maybe Woodley. That's about it. The rest of the team ranges from mediocre to bad.

It's unfortunate, but not entirely unexpected. I had high hopes for this year based on what I thought would be improved play from both lines and the secondary (areas that got a lot of hype for being improved during training camp), but realistically this team is in a re-tooling phase.


Probably Miller?
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,577
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:12 am
Location: formerly Pittsburgh, now NJ

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Raiders 2012

Postby Rylan on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:20 pm

Yea Miller has been an absolutely stud.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,071
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Raiders 2012

Postby Troy Loney on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:34 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:any thoughts on ben's whole "oh i was calling some old plays because i know they work" stuff?



If Broeth's bromance partner Arians were still around, Brown wouldn't have fumbled that ball in the 4th quarter right?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,970
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Raiders 2012

Postby Malkamaniac on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:35 pm

Frankly I just wish Haley and Ben would have it out on the field and just get it over with.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,317
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Raiders 2012

Postby Pavel Bure on Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Should the Steelers make an offer for Ryan Mathews? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,281
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Previous

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajh2298 and 3 guests


e-mail