Live suicide on Fox News

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Live suicide on Fox News

Postby JS© on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:27 pm

I'm kinda surprised this many people haven't seen the Budd Dwyer video before.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Just watched it.

:shock:

I've seen some of those websites that show graphically gory images, and it literally made me feel sick. Couldn't look at it after a few minutes. On the other hand, violent movies don't bother me.

Movie violence and real life violence are 2 completely different things. I don't think watching gory movies or playing violent video games desensitizes most people to violence because you are rarely faced with the reality of it.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:42 pm

I saw it for the first time last year.

Spoiler:
How the blood just pours and pours and pours from his head was kind of life changing
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Geezer on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:16 am

JS© wrote:I'm kinda surprised this many people haven't seen the Budd Dwyer video before.

I saw the newscast footage of it when it happened. It was bizarre and so were some of the circumstances.
Pennsylvania had had 2 oh its highest ranking politicians convicted of bribery.etc. Herb Fineman and another state speaker of the house were part of a long line of political crooks preceeding DeWeese,Mellow,Perzel,Veon,etc There was a lot of anger over the fact that polical crooks kept their cushy pensions and bennies despite being convicted criminals. The state finally passed a law forfeiting the pensions of future convicted dirtbags. Dwyer was going to lose his pension and benefits. I don't remember if it was part of the reason but Dwyer's family ended up keeping his pension because he killed himself.
Sad for his family that he made a spectacle of killing himself, but no pension was deserved.Political crooks are worse than everyday criminals and Dwyer was a greedy thief.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Dickie Dunn on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:33 am

Geezer wrote:
JS© wrote:I'm kinda surprised this many people haven't seen the Budd Dwyer video before.

I saw the newscast footage of it when it happened. It was bizarre and so were some of the circumstances.
Pennsylvania had had 2 oh its highest ranking politicians convicted of bribery.etc. Herb Fineman and another state speaker of the house were part of a long line of political crooks preceeding DeWeese,Mellow,Perzel,Veon,etc There was a lot of anger over the fact that polical crooks kept their cushy pensions and bennies despite being convicted criminals. The state finally passed a law forfeiting the pensions of future convicted dirtbags. Dwyer was going to lose his pension and benefits. I don't remember if it was part of the reason but Dwyer's family ended up keeping his pension because he killed himself.
Sad for his family that he made a spectacle of killing himself, but no pension was deserved.Political crooks are worse than everyday criminals and Dwyer was a greedy thief.

Other than what I just read I don't know anything about the situation, but according to Wikipedia the guy whose testimony was critical to Dwyer's conviction admitted to lying under oath and that Dwyer was innocent.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JS© on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:59 am

Geezer wrote:I don't remember if it was part of the reason but Dwyer's family ended up keeping his pension because he killed himself

I think he mentioned that in his speech. Not in those exact words, but I thought there was a quote about doing this would take care of his family or something along those lines.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:57 am

I never heard of it until now. I watched it this weekend.

It almost seemed surreal. Just the amount of blood and stuff coming, it almost seemed fake in a way, what you'd expect from a movie. Just amazing how much damage one shot can do.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:49 am

it was a .357... that's not a small gun by any means.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:55 am

I also learned while reading about Dwyer that "Hey Man, Nice Shot" was written about him.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:01 am

mac5155 wrote:it was a .357... that's not a small gun by any means.

Oh I agree. I shoot many different guns up at the in laws, and it's amazing what damage can occur. It was just crazy to see it in real life.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:01 am

mac5155 wrote:I also learned while reading about Dwyer that "Hey Man, Nice Shot" was written about him.

I read that too.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:02 am

newarenanow wrote:
mac5155 wrote:I also learned while reading about Dwyer that "Hey Man, Nice Shot" was written about him.

I read that too.

DUH thats why kenny the kangaroo posted it three pages ago
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby count2infinity on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:03 am

newarenanow wrote:

Oh I agree. I shoot many different guns up at the in laws, and it's amazing what damage can occur. It was just crazy to see it in real life.

I remember when I was little my dad had me shoot a .22 at a watermelon just to show me how much damage a small gun can do. I was shocked such a small bullet could do so much damage.

Spoiler:
He then shot his 270 at a watermelon, and it was AWESOME
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Postby newarenanow on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:05 am

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

I read that too.

DUH thats why kenny the kangaroo posted it three pages ago

I have you on ignore so I couldn't read your comments. :pop:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:26 pm

count2infinity wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

I remember when I was little my dad had me shoot a .22 at a watermelon just to show me how much damage a small gun can do. I was shocked such a small bullet could do so much damage.

Spoiler:
He then shot his 270 at a watermelon, and it was AWESOME

I use a .308 to hunt with and it puts a nice size hole in a deer.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to NHR