STH's did you get your tickets yet?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: STH's did you get your tickets yet?

Postby newarenanow on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:12 pm

I'm going to apply all my money to next season if the entire season is cancelled and get my $25 in interest.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Yeah, I figure you'll either get a refund for months where the amount to be refunded exceeds your monthly payment or owe less in the months where you owe more than the refund would be. The other possibility is that they just reduce the amount you owe as months go by without games being played and the remaining payment (which runs to January I believe) will be reduced accordingly each month.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BurghThing on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:53 pm

Just got an email response to the monthly payment question...

Thanks for writing. We will not continue to charge your monthly payments until a new CBA is negotiated. We appreciate your support!

Sincerely,

Danny, Customer Service
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kraftster on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:57 pm

Ah, well that's nice and simple.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby roland on Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:35 pm

I've paid for 25 games so far which includes 2 preseason games. Home game number 23 is on Saturday February 2nd so I guess I'll have to wait 5 1/2 months to get a full refund.
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:12 pm

BurghThing wrote:Just got an email response to the monthly payment question...

Thanks for writing. We will not continue to charge your monthly payments until a new CBA is negotiated. We appreciate your support!

Sincerely,

Danny, Customer Service

I received the official email today.

If the CBA is reached prior to the 22nd of the month, payments will resume asap. 22nd or after, payments start 1st business day of the following month.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby The Snapshot on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:27 pm

As soon as the League announces cancelled games, I'm going to launch each game ticket skyward with a bottle rocket. Should be fun.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby newarenanow on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:20 am

The Snapshot wrote:As soon as the League announces cancelled games, I'm going to launch each game ticket skyward with a bottle rocket. Should be fun.

I'm saving my ticket book as a collectible of another "lost season".
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby roland on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:01 am

The Snapshot wrote:As soon as the League announces cancelled games, I'm going to launch each game ticket skyward with a bottle rocket. Should be fun.

from the Pens:

Despite the recent cancellation of regular season games through October 24, we strongly encourage you to keep your season ticket book intact until the season begins. It is our goal to repurpose the tickets you have in hand.

Please note, only after the new Collective Bargaining Agreement is in place and the updated schedule is announced, will we confirm the ticket use policy.

In the meantime, we ask that you avoid distributing tickets to friends, family, co-workers or charities. If tickets have already been distributed, please use your ticket tracker located in the front of the season ticket book to log ticket recipients. Then, if a game date or opponent is changed, you know who to contact!
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Ben Klingston on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:14 pm

The interesting thing with the interest the Pens are playing..... they only pay you interest from the date the game is cancelled, through the end of that month, and then they stop paying interest. For instance, if a game on 10/22 is cancelled, they will pay you interest on the value of the tickets for that 10/22 game from 10/22 through 10/31, then they will stop paying interest on that game, even if the lockout continues through January or whatever.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:28 pm

Ben Klingston wrote:The interesting thing with the interest the Pens are playing..... they only pay you interest from the date the game is cancelled, through the end of that month, and then they stop paying interest. For instance, if a game on 10/22 is cancelled, they will pay you interest on the value of the tickets for that 10/22 game from 10/22 through 10/31, then they will stop paying interest on that game, even if the lockout continues through January or whatever.

That is pretty silly, but in the end interest on a few thousand dollars is pretty silly anyways. They need to throw a gesture at us to keep some cash on hand, I get that.

Maybe Morehouse needs some money to preserve Sid's old bedroom so it never changes and always smells like Sid.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Ben Klingston on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:12 am

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
Ben Klingston wrote:The interesting thing with the interest the Pens are playing..... they only pay you interest from the date the game is cancelled, through the end of that month, and then they stop paying interest. For instance, if a game on 10/22 is cancelled, they will pay you interest on the value of the tickets for that 10/22 game from 10/22 through 10/31, then they will stop paying interest on that game, even if the lockout continues through January or whatever.

That is pretty silly, but in the end interest on a few thousand dollars is pretty silly anyways. They need to throw a gesture at us to keep some cash on hand, I get that.

Maybe Morehouse needs some money to preserve Sid's old bedroom so it never changes and always smells like Sid.

Haha. Yeah, I agree we shouldn't really expect much for keeping a few thousand dollars with them through the lockout. They do appear to be taking the tact at throwing some perks at STHs..... see the latest email about the public skate at Consol.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 am

I'm pumped for the season opener Friday night. ANyone else going?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pens Fan Since 1970 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:20 pm

newarenanow wrote:I'm pumped for the season opener Friday night. ANyone else going?

The sellout streak ends Friday. I just have a feeling that the attendance is going to be poor for that game. :scared:
Pens Fan Since 1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins