Boardwalk Empire

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Boardwalk Empire

Postby the wicked child on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:58 pm

mac5155 wrote:
Spoiler:
does harrow know nucky offed jimmy? He sort of hinted at it with the "you know that feeling" or whatever comment. Or I guess, does he care.

When lucky is talking to jillian about remodeling her "house" he says something like "my names not on the deed, jimmys is." she says "he'll sign that over when he gets back". Did I miss something there?

Spoiler:
I'm not sure if he knows specifically that Nucky killed Jimmy, but he knows that he is a killer.

I think Jimmy's mother was either making light of the fact that her son was dead, or basically giving the finger to Lucky w that comment... maybe both.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mac5155 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:09 am

the wicked child wrote:
mac5155 wrote:
Spoiler:
does harrow know nucky offed jimmy? He sort of hinted at it with the "you know that feeling" or whatever comment. Or I guess, does he care.

When lucky is talking to jillian about remodeling her "house" he says something like "my names not on the deed, jimmys is." she says "he'll sign that over when he gets back". Did I miss something there?

Spoiler:
I'm not sure if he knows specifically that Nucky killed Jimmy, but he knows that he is a killer.

I think Jimmy's mother was either making light of the fact that her son was dead, or basically giving the finger to Lucky w that comment... maybe both.

Spoiler:
Nucky always got someone else to do his dirty work for him, though. Which is why I was a bit perplexed.

Eli is getting the Tabor Heights Sheriff Job. Rosetti knows from Jillian that Nucky thinks of him as a disposable commodity. I predict the next episode will have a high profile character offed.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:43 am

mac5155 wrote:
Spoiler:
Nucky always got someone else to do his dirty work for him, though. Which is why I was a bit perplexed.

Eli is getting the Tabor Heights Sheriff Job. Rosetti knows from Jillian that Nucky thinks of him as a disposable commodity. I predict the next episode will have a high profile character offed.

Spoiler:
True. If he does know (or suspect) that Nucky killed Jimmy, maybe he doesn't care that much. It was clear that he cared about Angela... not as sure about Jimmy.

At any rate, him working for Nucky could be very interesting.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby largegarlic on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:52 am

Spoiler:
I was pretty sure that Harrow knows that Nucky killed Jimmy. Didn't Nucky ask Harrow if he was coming after him and his family and then Harrow answered with something like, "No, Jimmy knew the risks. He was a soldier"?

Anyhow, I think Harrow has to start working for Nucky at some point. Nucky probably needs more muscle for the upcoming fight with Rosetti, and Harrow is too good of a character to be wasted as the bartender at Jillian's brothel.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:57 am

largegarlic wrote:
Spoiler:
I was pretty sure that Harrow knows that Nucky killed Jimmy. Didn't Nucky ask Harrow if he was coming after him and his family and then Harrow answered with something like, "No, Jimmy knew the risks. He was a soldier"?

Anyhow, I think Harrow has to start working for Nucky at some point. Nucky probably needs more muscle for the upcoming fight with Rosetti, and Harrow is too good of a character to be wasted as the bartender at Jillian's brothel.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I think you're right. Forgot all about those comments. And I agree... Harrow needs to be moving on up.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mac5155 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:58 am

Good point lg.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:17 am

the wicked child wrote:
largegarlic wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yeah, I think you're right. Forgot all about those comments. And I agree... Harrow needs to be moving on up.

Spoiler:
The "Jimmy was a soldier" line summed it up for me. Harrow knows and doesn't care. I hope Jack Huston gets some award recognition for his work as Harrow.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby the wicked child on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:23 am

Yeah, I just flat out forgot about that line. Definitely clear.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Capone in this past episode:

Spoiler:
just incredible. him taking out his anger towards his son's bullies on the guy bullying the fat, smelly guy was just perfect.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:37 pm

canaan wrote:Capone in this past episode:

Spoiler:
just incredible. him taking out his anger towards his son's bullies on the guy bullying the fat, smelly guy was just perfect.

Spoiler:
Indeed. It's been quite awhile since we had a great Capone scene.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:03 pm

the wicked child wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I forgot that the actor who plays Capone is a Brit. He's good. He was also a bit player in Band of Brothers.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Trip McNeely on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:11 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
the wicked child wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I forgot that the actor who plays Capone is a Brit. He's good. He was also a bit player in Band of Brothers.

He also played Turkish's right hand man, Tommy, in Snatch.

Turkish: [looks at the caravan] Look at it. How am I suppose to run this thing from that? We'll need a proper office. I want a new one, Tommy. You're going to buy it for me.
Tommy: Why me?
Turkish: Well, you know about caravans.
Tommy: How's that?
Turkish: You spent a summer in one, which means you know more than me. And I don't want to have my pants pulled down over the price.
Tommy: What's wrong with this one?
Turkish: [Pulls the caravan's door from its hinges] Oh, nothing, Tommy. It's tiptop. It's just I'm not sure about the colour.
Trip McNeely
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mac5155 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:03 pm

I knew I knew the Capone guy from somewhere else. Band of Brothers it is.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Good episode

Spoiler:
how long until nucky finds out about Owen and Margaret? Also rosetti is awesome. The waitress scene was great and the "redhead" one was too. Maybe now nucky listens more to Eli. Presumably he makes Eli kill Mickey Doyle and gives him the position.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:03 am

it would be nice if eli took over for mickey, but mickey stayed as his underling--mickey makes a good sidekick.

if they base mickey off of his real life counterpart...
Spoiler:
he lives into the 30's where he meets a demise in AC by unknown assailants.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:17 am

I really want a Mickey Doyle laugh notification tone for my phone. :lol:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby mac5155 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:32 am

ayy munya.. hueeeeeeeeeuh
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Stoosh on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:16 pm

This week's episode....Whooooooaahhhhh

Spoiler:
1. Finally came to realize why Rosetti wasn't dealt with earlier in the season - he's connected directly to Masseria.

2. Rothstein becomes an even more interesting character. He admonishes Nucky for risking the truce between Rothstein and Masseria and starting a subsequent turf war, but then lights the fire for it himself by ordering the hit on Rosetti.

3. Didn't realize the hit was coming until Nucky asked Owen if he was nervous, and Owen responded by saying it was "out of their hands."

4. Gillian is a whole new kind of crazy.

5. Not sure how it happens, but I have a feeling Gillian plays a part in Rosetti's fate. She's already acquainted with Rosetti. She's also in with Lucciano, who has ties to both Masseria and Rothstein/Lansky/Seigel. And now with the long-term future of her "dream" in question, I'll be interested to see if Nucky somehow uses the future of her brothel as leverage.

6. I felt bad for the original paperboy. And the waitress, actually.

7. Wonder what Chalky got at consideration for the visit he paid to Eddie Cantor.

8. Loved Cantor's comment to Billie at the end about Lucy.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby canaan on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:41 pm

Stoosh wrote:
Spoiler:
5. Not sure how it happens, but I have a feeling Gillian plays a part in Rosetti's fate. She's already acquainted with Rosetti. She's also in with Lucciano, who has ties to both Masseria and Rothstein/Lansky/Seigel. And now with the long-term future of her "dream" in question, I'll be interested to see if Nucky somehow uses the future of her brothel as leverage.

speculation on no. 5:
Spoiler:
Moreso, Luciano's intermingling with the brothel will lend better help to nucky and lucky coming to a deal in exchange for booze considerations. I dont think luciano cares about his interest in the brothel for any other reason than having an excuse to come check out/keep an eye on the Atlantic City situation. Gillian will black widow Rosetti and make it look like an accident a la david carradine--this is how it shouldve went down anyway.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:37 pm

We have a new winner for freakiest character. :shock:

Also, I like canaan's suggestion. It would be perfect.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Stoosh wrote:This week's episode....Whooooooaahhhhh

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
6. waste of a good redhead :(
8. I didn't get that... should I have?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Spoiler:
I keep hoping Jimmy will be alive. But I think it will be Richard who will be the one to deal with Rosetti. I believe him and Eli will be the ones to do Nucky's dirty work from now till the future. Which is good. But I could easily see Jillian pulling out the act as well. She is desperate enough for money now that she would have no issues with that attack.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:49 pm

the wicked child wrote:
Stoosh wrote:This week's episode....Whooooooaahhhhh

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
6. waste of a good redhead :(
8. I didn't get that... should I have?

Not much of a spoiler: Cantor has always been the one making levity and this moment was the first time you've seen him serious. He was making a point that the only reason the show is going on is because of him and she isn't a star and never will be and she will be forgotten just like the last girl--it was poignant and brutal. Loved it.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Was not expecting that from Cantor at all.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:53 pm

canaan wrote:Not much of a spoiler: Cantor has always been the one making levity and this moment was the first time you've seen him serious. He was making a point that the only reason the show is going on is because of him and she isn't a star and never will be and she will be forgotten just like the last girl--it was poignant and brutal. Loved it.

Ok, makes sense.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR