NHL 13 GM Connected League (XBOX360)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: NHL 13 GM Connected League (XBOX360)

Postby canaan on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:27 pm

id like to get some games in tonight.

NJ
NSH
COL
WPG (2)
CGY
NYR
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Staggy on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:01 pm

I'm NYR, I can probably play around 9ish.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby drkvpr48 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:14 pm

I (WPG) dont have much going on tonight, and should be around most of the night.
drkvpr48
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby canaan on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:55 pm

I'll be on for the next hr or two if you have MTL on your schedule
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Elementary Penguin on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:52 pm

The only way this works is if there is a central place to schedule games. The problem isn't necessarily people not being on, it's not scheduling games in advance. None of us can sit there on the couch all day waiting to see if someone comes on, then hoping they even respond to you. There needs to be a way to easily say, "Hey ______, I can be on ____day and _____day at ____ time." The announcements section isn't practical, and using XBOX messenger is a pain and unreliable.

Furthermore, there needs to be a way for everyone, especially the commish, to see if there was a response to that. That way, if someone isn't making an effort to schedule games, they get the boot. As it is now, we have no way of knowing who is trying and who is not. This is why I suggested a seperate part of the forum for us to schedule individual games.

Trust me, I ran a PC league from 2001-2007, and I've seen all the issues with this. Without a system like this, things will disintegrate quickly and people will lose interest. I've already lost a lot of interest after waiting 2 weeks and still not seeing 2 of my opponents on at all. Game cycles should be 1 week long, max.
Elementary Penguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby drkvpr48 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Elementary Penguin wrote:The only way this works is if there is a central place to schedule games. The problem isn't necessarily people not being on, it's not scheduling games in advance. None of us can sit there on the couch all day waiting to see if someone comes on, then hoping they even respond to you. There needs to be a way to easily say, "Hey ______, I can be on ____day and _____day at ____ time." The announcements section isn't practical, and using XBOX messenger is a pain and unreliable.

Furthermore, there needs to be a way for everyone, especially the commish, to see if there was a response to that. That way, if someone isn't making an effort to schedule games, they get the boot. As it is now, we have no way of knowing who is trying and who is not. This is why I suggested a seperate part of the forum for us to schedule individual games.

Trust me, I ran a PC league from 2001-2007, and I've seen all the issues with this. Without a system like this, things will disintegrate quickly and people will lose interest. I've already lost a lot of interest after waiting 2 weeks and still not seeing 2 of my opponents on at all. Game cycles should be 1 week long, max.

Unrelated, but I think I play you this week. will you be on tonight?
drkvpr48
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:06 pm

Is the system for notifying and communicating not LGP...???
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Elementary Penguin on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:38 pm

drkvpr48 wrote:
Elementary Penguin wrote:The only way this works is if there is a central place to schedule games. The problem isn't necessarily people not being on, it's not scheduling games in advance. None of us can sit there on the couch all day waiting to see if someone comes on, then hoping they even respond to you. There needs to be a way to easily say, "Hey ______, I can be on ____day and _____day at ____ time." The announcements section isn't practical, and using XBOX messenger is a pain and unreliable.

Which team are you? I should be available around 10pm cst.

LITT, yes, LGP should be the method, but using one thread for all scheduling is not practical.
Elementary Penguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:57 pm

Elementary Penguin wrote:
drkvpr48 wrote:

LITT, yes, LGP should be the method, but using one thread for all scheduling is not practical.

What about Kicksave and the people who don't use this site as often as most of us?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ulf on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:Is the system for notifying and communicating not LGP...???

Yeah it's worked fine for me. Simmed one game, Andre's NYI because he stepped down.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Malkamaniac on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:27 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
Elementary Penguin wrote:
drkvpr48 wrote:

What about Kicksave and the people who don't use this site as often as most of us?

Honesty it's why I suggested a reddit awhile back for everyone to see.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby beLIEve on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:22 pm

I've made a google doc that shows the results of all scheduled games starting with tick 3.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... U9TcWhKenc

This doesn't solve the problem of us being able to schedule games more easily. However, this kind of visibility will hopefully cause people to play more games. At the very least, we'll know at the end of the tick who isn't getting their games played.

I'll update this manually once each night, so don't expect it to be real time or anything.

I used the start date of the game on the real life schedule, since thats what the game gives us (rather than the date/time the game was actually played, which doesn't seem to be visible anywhere).
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:12 am

Good call beLIEve.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:21 am

somebody tried to invite me to a game last night and i couldnt...i apologize for that. i cant remember who it was.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Juice on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:51 am

beLIEve wrote:I've made a google doc that shows the results of all scheduled games starting with tick 3.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... U9TcWhKenc

This doesn't solve the problem of us being able to schedule games more easily. However, this kind of visibility will hopefully cause people to play more games. At the very least, we'll know at the end of the tick who isn't getting their games played.

I'll update this manually once each night, so don't expect it to be real time or anything.

I used the start date of the game on the real life schedule, since thats what the game gives us (rather than the date/time the game was actually played, which doesn't seem to be visible anywhere).

sick... i'll put this in the OP
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:34 pm

Need Vancouver, Nashville, Anaheim. On right now.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Senka on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:46 pm

I'm Nashville. I apologize. I won't be around til like 8-? Thursday night and then not til Sunday. I'm driving into Pittsburgh on Friday so ill be without an Xbox til Sunday when I get back. Don't be discouraged if yur trying to find me. But I'll admit I work 7a-7p daily between teaching and coaching. Sorry
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby beLIEve on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:28 pm

Updated the google doc to include games completed since last night
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:05 am

Senka wrote:I'm Nashville. I apologize. I won't be around til like 8-? Thursday night and then not til Sunday. I'm driving into Pittsburgh on Friday so ill be without an Xbox til Sunday when I get back. Don't be discouraged if yur trying to find me. But I'll admit I work 7a-7p daily between teaching and coaching. Sorry

No worries at all Senka, just letting it be known that I need a game, whenever we can get it, we get it.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby orpchar on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:37 pm

Sorry guys, I have been swamped with work and family stuff. Feel free to give away the Senators if there is a waiting list.
orpchar
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Staggy on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:52 pm

I'll be on after 8 if anyone wants to play the Rangers.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Elementary Penguin on Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:32 am

If Ottawa isn't available to play, can they please be set to CPU so I can play my game with them?

I have games left with Colorado and Florida. I will be available tomorrow (Saturday) night after about 10:00pm cst, or on Sunday.
Elementary Penguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Caputi19 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Avs on now, then again after 10-1030
Caputi19
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:17 am

San Jose can be in for a game for a few
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Juice on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:36 am

Ana will be available any time today. I'm trying to hammer out my games when I have time so shoot me a pm here I'll get an email notification right away and we can do it up.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins