Left or Right (bed-related)

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Left or Right (bed-related)

Postby mac5155 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:02 am

eddysnake wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:There are times that I wake up from one in the middle of the night, and force myself to stay awake for at least 30-60 minutes to "end" the cycle of going right back into the same nightmare 2 or 3 times.

how often does this happen?

U crazy shad. Be a man and get back in that dream.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Godric on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:07 am

Seriously though, to those of you that get nightmares bad enough to where you'd explore ways to get them under control....

Kava, 5-htp, L-Theanine, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Cinnamon... all that stuff works
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:07 am

eddysnake wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:There are times that I wake up from one in the middle of the night, and force myself to stay awake for at least 30-60 minutes to "end" the cycle of going right back into the same nightmare 2 or 3 times.

Once every week or two, so not constantly. I get other dreams that aren't as disturbing, though.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:08 am

mac5155 wrote:
eddysnake wrote:

U crazy shad. Be a man and get back in that dream.

As much as I don't want to watch Shaft sleep (that feels weird even typing that), he really does need to video tape himself having the nightmare and the process afterwards for the next 30-60 minutes and then post it on here. Do you sit up with the sheets covering half your face looking around the room and jumping at the littlest sound?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby count2infinity on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:09 am

Godric wrote:Seriously though, to those of you that get nightmares bad enough to where you'd explore ways to get them under control....

or lunesta
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Postby Godric on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:10 am

count2infinity wrote:
or lunesta

I stay away from big Pharma
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby eddysnake on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:13 am

Sorry for the little sympathy, the last couple weeks I've had 3 kids, a cat, and me and the wife in the bed because of nightmares (telling the kids snakes come out of the closet at night and cover the floor doesn't seem to help them stay in bed) and as a result I usually end up half on the bed and half hanging over and then the nightmares obviously end up being fake (who could get scared of a wolf coming and eating breakfast with you?)
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby count2infinity on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:14 am

I sleep like a baby at night. I feel bad for you guys though.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Postby canaan on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:16 am

i never realized that nightmares was such a prevalent thing after the age of 6.

i apologize to all, except shad.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:18 am

If you are at the foot of my bed and looking at the headboard, I sleep on the left. But this only started when we moved in our new home last year. At the old house, I slept on the right.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:46 am

Right-since the left side is closer to the baby, my wife sleeps there...which is a shame since I prefer the left side.

Also, ive never experienced a nightmare in my entire life. I've dreamt about things that would be unpleasant in real life, but theyve never bothered me
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:49 am

The funny thing about nightmares is that you can have the same dream twice. One time you brain says "nightmare" and its terrifying and the next it doesn't and the dream is whatever. Of course...I was also of the opinion that nightmares were largely irrelevant after you graduated elementary school.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JS© on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:16 pm

both sides

being single FTW (or FTL)

I think this brings up another dilemma...how many people get up in the middle of the night to eat? I think this might be an issue of how deep you sleep, I can never fathom the energy to get out of bed in the middle of the night to get something to eat.

I'll occasionally wake up for a drink of water but eating something after a deep sleep is rare.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:35 pm

Troy Loney wrote:When did bedpans become uncouth?

Once indoor plumbing was invented
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:53 pm

I can recall three or four weird/scary nightmares pretty vividly.

I also had my second lucid dream recently. It was awesome.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby stopper40 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Being single I sleep wherever I feel like it's usually on the right side but not always it's just that my alarm is on that side. When I've been in relationships it always seems that we have her side of the bed and our side so I'll just sleep wherever she doesn't.
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bh on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:05 pm

Sleep closest to the door like most others have said. Must be an evolution thing.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bh on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:08 pm

I definately still get nightmares. Usually they invole aliens; wild animals such as lions, bears, sharks, and wolves; or robots. Usually they are trying to kill me as well. The robots are absolutely the worst though.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:22 pm

bh wrote:I definately still get nightmares. Usually they invole aliens; wild animals such as lions, bears, sharks, and wolves; or robots. Usually they are trying to kill me as well. The robots are absolutely the worst though.

are they "nightmares" because of the disturbing subject matter or because they affected you?

i mean...i had a dream where i was trapped inside a giant terrarium, and live dinosaurs were being crammed into an oversized meat grinder right next to me...now that's pretty disturbing by most accounts, but i just thought it was neat-o
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meow on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:36 pm

shmenguin wrote:
bh wrote:I definately still get nightmares. Usually they invole aliens; wild animals such as lions, bears, sharks, and wolves; or robots. Usually they are trying to kill me as well. The robots are absolutely the worst though.

are they "nightmares" because of the disturbing subject matter or because they affected you?

i mean...i had a dream where i was trapped inside a giant terrarium, and live dinosaurs were being crammed into an oversized meat grinder right next to me...now that's pretty disturbing by most accounts, but i just thought it was neat-o

You should probably see someone about that dream. It's quite...disturbing.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:36 pm

stopper40 wrote:Being single I sleep wherever I feel like it's usually on the right side but not always it's just that my alarm is on that side. When I've been in relationships it always seems that we have her side of the bed and our side so I'll just sleep wherever she doesn't.

Yeah, if my post wasn't clear earlier, I sleep on whichever side she doesn't want to sleep on. I'm alway swarm and she's always cold so it works out well. I sleep next to the AC when its warm, she sleeps next to the heat when its cold.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:36 am

Sigh I'm a night eater. It is so bad that I....well in my mind anyways, I cannot fall asleep unless I physically get up and eat. Sometimes it's a hunk of cheese, of some lunch meat. Sometimes its chocolate or peanut butter and bread. Sadly I havent slept well in about 5 years and my weight and general disposition is now messed up. I wouldn't even know how to begin to seek help for all this.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:08 am

drugs
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:19 am

count2infinity wrote:
Godric wrote:Seriously though, to those of you that get nightmares bad enough to where you'd explore ways to get them under control....

or lunesta

Hail Lunesta!
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bh on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:10 am

shmenguin wrote:

What if you were going through the grinder? They are nightmares because usually I am being eaten and since I don't realize I am dreaming, I believe that I am realing being eaten. It scares the crap out of me and I wake up screaming (or my wife wakes me up) with heavy breathing and a racing heart. They're pretty random as well. I'll could get one in 6 months and then I could get three in a week. I have lots of "other" types of dreams as well so it's all good.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR