Can we get some replacement players please?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Can we get some replacement players please?

Postby offsides on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:11 am

Idoit40fans wrote:It sounds like its becoming a moot point soon, but if they used replacement players, I would be done with the NHL.

Srsly? If they used them for a month and then brought back the regulars, you would actually quit the NHL? I find that very hard to believe.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby tfrizz on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:14 am

Bathgate wrote:NHLers going to Europe are taking jobs from less skilled players over there. NHL owners need to capitalize on these disgruntled European players. Invite them over as replacement players, or at least bring them over for some form of competition in NHL arenas. Invite fans to attend games at severely reduced prices, and many fans, especially those who support the owners, would do so. If there is no settlement this season, these players could form the basis of a new and reorganized NHL next season. To hell with the current players and their blanking union and their blanking union chief who ruined baseball in Pittsburgh, Montreal, and other cities!

I'm sure there would be some intense legal ramifications considering the NHL players are being locked out by the owners. If it were the players striking, then the owners/teams would have free reign to bring in replacements.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:33 pm

offsides wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:It sounds like its becoming a moot point soon, but if they used replacement players, I would be done with the NHL.

Srsly? If they used them for a month and then brought back the regulars, you would actually quit the NHL? I find that very hard to believe.

Players aren't striking. Owners are locking them out. Yes, if they started using replacements, I would be done with it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitt87 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:53 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
offsides wrote:

Players aren't striking. Owners are locking them out. Yes, if they started using replacements, I would be done with it.

Its really easy to play 'what if', but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you just being dramatic. Players have as much to do with the lockout as owners. Owners pre-empted a strike, but we'd be sitting here regardless of first mover.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby offsides on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:35 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
offsides wrote:

What would you do with all the extra time you would have from not posting here? :)
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins