NHL 13 GM Connected League (XBOX360)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: NHL 13 GM Connected League (XBOX360)

Postby beLIEve on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:58 am

Malkamaniac wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:also what is protocol for playing AI games? when is it appropiate for me to start doing that?

I think if it's set, then go for it.

Agreed, otherwise we'll never get all of these games in. We've still only played about 16 or 17 out of the 86 games scheduled in this tick.
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby ulf on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:06 pm

Not_Sure wrote:Tampa will be on tonight (7-12) for games vs ANA, CAR, OTT. PM or XBL msg me if you want to schedule a time, or just look for me online.

I'm Carolina, I'll hop on and play you.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Juice on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:07 pm

Not_Sure wrote:Tampa will be on tonight (7-12) for games vs ANA, CAR, OTT. PM or XBL msg me if you want to schedule a time, or just look for me online.

I will be on at some point to play.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby beLIEve on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:41 pm

Looking to wrap up my games tonight. I'm NJ, and I still need DET, MON, NYI and MIN. I'll be on from now until about 10:30 tonight.
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby ulf on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:44 pm

shad are you on? i have philly twice
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby scals37 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:13 am

hey, saw you guys organizing this thing right when it started... as an avid xbox nhl player (eashl since 09) I'm curious as to how this whole thing has been playing out... Is this more geared towards the random people online, or towards an organized group.. I've been playing with the same guys for a while, wondering if maybe the polluted junk of glitchy EASHL players is worth leaving if possible
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby It'sagreatdayforhockey! on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:25 am

scals37 wrote:hey, saw you guys organizing this thing right when it started... as an avid xbox nhl player (eashl since 09) I'm curious as to how this whole thing has been playing out... Is this more geared towards the random people online, or towards an organized group.. I've been playing with the same guys for a while, wondering if maybe the polluted junk of glitchy EASHL players is worth leaving if possible

I'd say its working as well as anything that would try to get 30 people together at the right times (that isn't a job) for 6 30min games a week. The semi-randomness of this league helps, in that people can still be called out on here. Joining up in something like this with 29 complete randoms would probably be a terrible idea, unless you are the commish.

I would say the best option for 3-6 guys would be to try to join as a full team in a gm league. That gives you the EASHL play with at least some ability to control glitch teams (hopefully the commish is trustworthy if its a random join. if not, leave and try again).
It'sagreatdayforhockey!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitt87 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:22 pm

It'sagreatdayforhockey! wrote:
scals37 wrote:hey, saw you guys organizing this thing right when it started... as an avid xbox nhl player (eashl since 09) I'm curious as to how this whole thing has been playing out... Is this more geared towards the random people online, or towards an organized group.. I've been playing with the same guys for a while, wondering if maybe the polluted junk of glitchy EASHL players is worth leaving if possible

I'd say its working as well as anything that would try to get 30 people together at the right times (that isn't a job) for 6 30min games a week. The semi-randomness of this league helps, in that people can still be called out on here. Joining up in something like this with 29 complete randoms would probably be a terrible idea, unless you are the commish.

I would say the best option for 3-6 guys would be to try to join as a full team in a gm league. That gives you the EASHL play with at least some ability to control glitch teams (hopefully the commish is trustworthy if its a random join. if not, leave and try again).

Since this is the best option available.... where can I get tickets to watch? :shock:
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby beLIEve on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Pitt87 wrote:

Since this is the best option available.... where can I get tickets to watch? :shock:

Tickets on sale for watching games at my house. Price is 1/2 of a pizza. Seating in the 2nd row in a leatherbound office chair. (Premium VIP option includes a special seat where you can watch me walk down my hall way to the playing surface. This option requires bacon on the pizza.)

Terms and Conditions: You are also expected to behave like a real fan. This includes, but is not limited to:
-- yelling shoot it when I first cross the blue line, or on the power play when no lanes are open
-- leaving the game 10 minutes early if I'm losing in the 3rd period
-- coming on LGP message board after you get home from the game and complaining that you couldn't see all of the action because I was leaning in front of you
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Not_Sure on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:17 pm

Pitt87 wrote:

I was thinking they should have a spectator option. We could join in from the team members screen. Don't games like Forza allow you to spectate races?
Not_Sure

Postby Juice on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:15 pm

a spectator option would be awesome
imagine the audible groan whenever our spectators watch you pass the puck into your own net with Ryan Miller... :scared:
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitt87 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:27 pm

beLIEve wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:

Tickets on sale for watching games at my house. Price is 1/2 of a pizza. Seating in the 2nd row in a leatherbound office chair. (Premium VIP option includes a special seat where you can watch me walk down my hall way to the playing surface. This option requires bacon on the pizza.)

Terms and Conditions: You are also expected to behave like a real fan. This includes, but is not limited to:
-- yelling shoot it when I first cross the blue line, or on the power play when no lanes are open
-- leaving the game 10 minutes early if I'm losing in the 3rd period
-- coming on LGP message board after you get home from the game and complaining that you couldn't see all of the action because I was leaning in front of you

I am putting on my blue Gary Roberts jersey now, but please be advised that if you lose two in a row I will dump my nachos on your head.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby drkvpr48 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Will the Rangers be on at all tonight? You're my last team this week.
drkvpr48
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Juice on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:08 pm

drkvpr48 wrote:Will the Rangers be on at all tonight? You're my last team this week.

Good work.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:18 pm

I can get a bunch of people tomorrow after the OSU game (around 4)
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Juice on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:22 pm

MRandall25 wrote:I can get a bunch of people tomorrow after the OSU game (around 4)

How about right now?
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby drkvpr48 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Juice wrote:
drkvpr48 wrote:Will the Rangers be on at all tonight? You're my last team this week.

Good work.

I'm like 4-7-3. Not much "good work" about it :lol:
drkvpr48
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Staggy on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:34 pm

I'm out of town this weekend but I'll be back Sunday night and can play then.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Change of plans. Vancouver is on now and will be pretty much all day. Send me a message on Xbox if you want to get a game in.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ulf on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:12 am

let me know if anyone wants to play the canes. i'll hop on if anyone has time
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Senka on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:17 am

Nashville on now. And can be on anytime today. Please send me a message here or on XBLive.

I got a bunch of games. Havent seen any 4 of the teams even online... but Ive been on the late evening schedule :(
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:46 am

So, since Florida left, am I allowed to just go on and play the CPU?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Juice on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:38 pm

MRandall25 wrote:So, since Florida left, am I allowed to just go on and play the CPU?

Yeah go ahead. I'll be out till later on tonight you want to get our game in then?
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:41 pm

Any time before 8 or any time after 10.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Just need you juice
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins