LGP Fantasy Football Keeper League

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: LGP Fantasy Football Keeper League

Postby Benny Fitz on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:21 pm

Is anyone else giving away players?
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby TheHammer24 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:43 pm

Troy Loney gets Andrew Luck
TheHammer24 gets Jamal Charles & New England Patriots
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kraftster on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:01 am

Why do we still not have waivers in this league?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:05 am

There are waivers when a player is dropped, I don't see any reason to have waivers otherwise.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:10 am

Kraftster wrote:Why do we still not have waivers in this league?

Are you made at me?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:15 am

Really? You don't have a problem seeing the free agent du jour getting picked up 5 minutes after becoming the hot add due to injury or breakout performance?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:21 am

Kraftster wrote:Really? You don't have a problem seeing the free agent du jour getting picked up 5 minutes after becoming the hot add due to injury or breakout performance?

How is that really a problem? I've played in numerous leagues this way and it's never been a problem. Those people doing this(which was probably me) means I'm in a worse off position for my team if I have to look for the "flavor" of the week.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:23 am

Kraftster wrote:Really? You don't have a problem seeing the free agent du jour getting picked up 5 minutes after becoming the hot add due to injury or breakout performance?

Thats correct. We have a 8 bench spots for a reason. Someone should be rewarded for paying attention to the injury news...thats probably not going to be me.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:28 am

so you guys can just willy nilly pick players up during the games?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:32 am

Malkamaniac wrote:

How is that really a problem? I've played in numerous leagues this way and it's never been a problem. Those people doing this(which was probably me) means I'm in a worse off position for my team if I have to look for the "flavor" of the week.

I guess its not because its not a money league and its not that serious. It's sort of a kindergarten rule, though.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:18 am

No the kindergarten rule is having waivers go into effect every sunday so everyone gets a "fair chance" at the players that have been sitting there for the taking all season long.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:43 am

Idoit40fans wrote:No the kindergarten rule is having waivers go into effect every sunday so everyone gets a "fair chance" at the players that have been sitting there for the taking all season long.

That is pretty much my reasoning that I don't get. Everyone has a shot at the players, if it's that SERIOUS that it's free agent frenzy out there, be more responsive to when a player gets hurt?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:44 am

Kraftster wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

I guess its not because its not a money league and its not that serious. It's sort of a kindergarten rule, though.

I completely agree with Krafster here. Waivers shouldn't turn on who's watching the game most closely or who is sitting at their comp in the afternoon. It is the kingergarten rule -- finder's keepers losers' weepers. Instead, you should have established rules in place for the structured addition of players.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:49 am

Malkamaniac wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:No the kindergarten rule is having waivers go into effect every sunday so everyone gets a "fair chance" at the players that have been sitting there for the taking all season long.

That is pretty much my reasoning that I don't get. Everyone has a shot at the players, if it's that SERIOUS that it's free agent frenzy out there, be more responsive to when a player gets hurt?

no, not everyone has a shot. the people that are sitting around starting at their tv and their phone/comp have a shot. if you are the steelers game and see mendenhall get hurt, you arent going to whip your phone out and claim redman. and even if you did, you likely wouldnt be the first person to do it since the network is so slow at the games. its silly to not have waivers
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:09 am

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

no, not everyone has a shot. the people that are sitting around starting at their tv and their phone/comp have a shot. if you are the steelers game and see mendenhall get hurt, you arent going to whip your phone out and claim redman. and even if you did, you likely wouldnt be the first person to do it since the network is so slow at the games. its silly to not have waivers

Ok, then with waivers, not everyone gets a shot...only the worst person that checks the fantasy league by Wednesday gets a shot.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:15 am

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

I can't really say I've sat at a TV all day and went through this scenario you described, and I don't think I've had a problem picking players up.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:24 am

I don't understand why this is such an issue, especially in our league with the huge bench. The only time this should come up is if there's an injury during a game and someone grabs the backup....if your guy's backup is worth starting in case of an injury, you should already own him.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:25 am

Troy Loney wrote:I don't understand why this is such an issue, especially in our league with the huge bench. The only time this should come up is if there's an injury during a game and someone grabs the backup....if your guy's backup is worth starting in case of an injury, you should already own him.

Exactly. In a league this deep, if someone is good enough to start in fantasy, they should be on a roster. Otherwise you're worried about a dime a dozen player who is getting a shot to start.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:17 pm

I'm fine either way with waiver rules. When I picked up Jennings he was on waivers. I was surprised I got him to be honest.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:48 pm

I'm looking to deal Peyton Manning (4th) or RG3 (5th). I want to win this year, so I am willing to deal picks also. I need to shoot for the city of champions trifecta since I won in hockey and baseball this year.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Loaf31 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:23 pm

Kraft, what are you looking for?
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kraftster on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:59 pm

Ideally a RB.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Matthews or AP are available. I'd be looking for a pretty high pick in next year's draft.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:08 pm

I'll trade you RG3 for AP.

Edit: Or Peyton.
Last edited by Kraftster on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:10 pm

I'm 4th in Points for (and a close 4th), and struggling mightily in the win-loss column. Frustrating. I might lose again this week. I feel like I'm good enough to make the playoffs, but who knows at this point?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to NHR