Pens at Columbus - November 2, 2012

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pens at Columbus - November 2, 2012

Postby Bathgate on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Today at noon, the Blue Jackets put individual game tickets on sale for purchasers outside of the local Columbus zip codes. There are plenty of tickets remaining for the subject game, for those of you Pens fans who would like to participate in Occupy Nationwide Arena.

If the game is cancelled due to work stoppage, refund would be available by mailing the tickets back to the Blue Jackets. The refund would not include various service charges, only the base ticket price.
Bathgate
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Pens at Columbus - November 2, 2012

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:20 pm

I've gone there before. Awesome arena district. Really nice arena. Highly recommend it.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JeffDFD on Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:30 pm

Probably would be more interested in buying once labor strife is resolved.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:09 pm

JeffDFD wrote:Probably would be more interested in buying once labor strife is resolved.

Labor strife?Is that like a labor strike?Or is it worse.
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby JeffDFD on Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:08 pm

71Aj66ax87 wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:Probably would be more interested in buying once labor strife is resolved.

Labor strife?Is that like a labor strike?Or is it worse.

Are you trying to troll me? Because I meant strife and wrote strife as that is where things are right now. Haha...did you want me to say "labor bad stuff that me no likey"

Definition of STRIFE
1a : bitter sometimes violent conflict or dissension

And anyway...no "strike" is going to happen...it would be a lockout and not a strike. So :slug: !

Spoiler:
:pop:
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby beLIEve on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:29 pm

Blue Jackets just issued me a refund for 29 tickets. Poor team can't win for losing. It probably would have been their only sell out of the season. I bet they wish this game wasn't canceled and in its place was a weekday game against New Jersey or something.
Last edited by beLIEve on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby canaan on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:45 pm

gross.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Bathgate on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:49 pm

I will have to request a refund from the Blue Jackets by mail for the 2 tickets I purchased. I will not get a refund for the $20 or so in surcharges for buying online. So now this fan has officially lost money due to the unfortunate lockout.
Bathgate
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby rarst17 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:58 pm

I have 5 non-refundable hotel rooms at the Crowne Plaza by the arena for November 2-4. I should have known better.
rarst17
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:00 pm

wow. FIVE? thats rough.

I was really looking forward to this. Going out there 2 years ago was one of the most fun times I've had.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:51 pm

Conversations with my friends abotu this game went like this:

Want to go to the CBJ game?

Lets see if the lockout happens.

Good idea.

That said, I still feel bad for people because they're gonna be losing a lot of money.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby rarst17 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:10 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:wow. FIVE? thats rough.

Yeah, every year I rent the Sky Terrrace (400 tickets) if the Penguins play out there and I always book the hotel rooms for my parents and a few of my friends. I use Priceline to get the best deal. Usually it works out great. Not this year. On top of being stuck with the hotel rooms, I had to pay for the tickets in June. At least I'll get that money back eventually, though.
rarst17
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby roland on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:11 pm

beLIEve wrote:Blue Jackets just issued me a refund for 29 tickets. Poor team can't win for losing. It probably would have been their only sell out of the season. I bet they wish this game wasn't canceled and in its place was a weekday game against New Jersey or something.

Was that 29 tickets for the Pens game alone? I assume that a group of people were going to go.

So far the Pens have refunded me for 1 preseason game. I have wait until the beginning of November to write my letter to request for a refund for the 2nd preseason game and the rest of the games in October...and then wait another 10 business days for processing for said return....and then wait again until December to write another letter to get a refund for all of Novembers games that have been just been cancelled..plus 10 days for processing. Unreal.

I cannot understand the logic in that. Hopefully the Better Business Bureau can shed some light on things. I'm still waiting for their response to my complaint.
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:53 pm

I had a quarter season plan (10 games) plus the All Star Game. I think I'm applying the money towards next season (because it was dirt cheap), but I hope they can do something for me for those ASG tickets.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby beLIEve on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:31 am

roland wrote:
beLIEve wrote:Blue Jackets just issued me a refund for 29 tickets. Poor team can't win for losing. It probably would have been their only sell out of the season. I bet they wish this game wasn't canceled and in its place was a weekday game against New Jersey or something.

Was that 29 tickets for the Pens game alone? I assume that a group of people were going to go.

So far the Pens have refunded me for 1 preseason game. I have wait until the beginning of November to write my letter to request for a refund for the 2nd preseason game and the rest of the games in October...and then wait another 10 business days for processing for said return....and then wait again until December to write another letter to get a refund for all of Novembers games that have been just been cancelled..plus 10 days for processing. Unreal.

I cannot understand the logic in that. Hopefully the Better Business Bureau can shed some light on things. I'm still waiting for their response to my complaint.

Yes, a group of 29 tickets for the Pens game. I should be more clear that the refund won't be processed until 10 business days from the end of this month. Its not like they gave me my money back right away, but its still not as bad as the Pens refund policy.
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby roland on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:15 pm

beLIEve wrote:
roland wrote:

Yes, a group of 29 tickets for the Pens game. I should be more clear that the refund won't be processed until 10 business days from the end of this month. Its not like they gave me my money back right away, but its still not as bad as the Pens refund policy.

The Pens ticketing department called this morning and changed their tune. All of a sudden, I can get a refund for all games that have been cancelled thru the end of November and should see my money credited back within 2-3 business days. Much better than waiting until December 10th.

The Pens still seem to be cautiously optimistic and said that a deal could be struck at any moment and the schedule will be changed drastically in order to to so and I could be billed for a 75 game season as soon as it's announced. :roll:
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:49 am

roland wrote:
beLIEve wrote:
roland wrote:

The Pens ticketing department called this morning and changed their tune. All of a sudden, I can get a refund for all games that have been cancelled thru the end of November and should see my money credited back within 2-3 business days. Much better than waiting until December 10th.

The Pens still seem to be cautiously optimistic and said that a deal could be struck at any moment and the schedule will be changed drastically in order to to so and I could be billed for a 75 game season as soon as it's announced. :roll:

Thats consistent with what they told me. They said initially, and in writing, that at the end of the month, the credits would come through. There was 1 preseason game in September, and that was credited back already. The end of October has not arrived yet.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby roland on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:42 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
roland wrote:
beLIEve wrote:
roland wrote:

Thats consistent with what they told me. They said initially, and in writing, that at the end of the month, the credits would come through. There was 1 preseason game in September, and that was credited back already. The end of October has not arrived yet.

I did not have to wait until the end of October, or November to get the cancelled games refunded. I submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and 2 business day later the Pens called me and offered to refund all games, including future games, that have been cancelled by the NHL.

I'm refunded up until December as of now...but the Pens warned me to not spend the money because I will be billed any day now once a new CBA is reached.
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:12 am

Oh so you're one of those people.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins