CMAs

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: CMAs

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:47 pm

[quote="Godric"] supernova of sexual magnetism

If I were a pro wrestler, that would be my nickname. I'd have a Val Venis/Rick Rude type gimmick and thats how they would announce me. And there would be no "self proclaimed" before it either
DudeMan2766
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,629
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: ....WE'RE IN THE SUPERDOME BRUTHERS!

Re: CMAs

Postby Godric on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:49 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Godric wrote: supernova of sexual magnetism


If I were a pro wrestler, that would be my nickname. I'd have a Val Venis/Rick Rude type gimmick and thats how they would announce me. And there would be no "self proclaimed" before it either


:lol: :lol:
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: CMAs

Postby mac5155 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:57 pm

Blake! You won dude. Go get that prize
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 46,166
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: CMAs

Postby pittsports87 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:00 pm

Carrie Underwood should have won Female entertainer of the year. F Miranda, Carrie is so much better.

Glad to see Blake won the big one, he deserved it. He had a hell of a last year and his last album was pretty great.

Taylor Swift one of, if not the, most overrated musicians there is. Her voice is annoying, she isn't that great of a singer, and all her songs are basically the same damn thing with a different instrumental.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,327
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: College

Re: CMAs

Postby Godric on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:06 pm

pittsports87 wrote:
Taylor Swift Justin Bieber one of, if not the, most overrated musicians there is. Her voice is annoying, she isn't that great of a singer, and all her songs are basically the same damn thing with a different instrumental.


interchangble really :pop:
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: CMAs

Postby pittsports87 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:09 pm

At least Justin Bieber has some singing talent. I'd much rather take his music over Taylor Swifts.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,327
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: College

Re: CMAs

Postby Godric on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:12 pm

pittsports87 wrote:At least Justin Bieber has some singing talent.


I'd say they both have the same which is like average for most human beings on the planet
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: CMAs

Postby newarenanow on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:31 pm

Watched some of it last night. Honestly, my favorite awards show. I think they do a great job.

Tons of hot chicks in country music.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,586
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: CMAs

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:38 pm

Godric wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:
Taylor Swift Justin Bieber one of, if not the, most overrated musicians there is. Her voice is annoying, she isn't that great of a singer, and all her songs are basically the same damn thing with a different instrumental.


interchangble really :pop:


There are a lot of people who qualify as musicians because they make a lot of money as such, but aren't really.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,286
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: CMAs

Postby blackjack68 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
Godric wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:
Taylor Swift Justin Bieber one of, if not the, most overrated musicians there is. Her voice is annoying, she isn't that great of a singer, and all her songs are basically the same damn thing with a different instrumental.


interchangble really :pop:


There are a lot of people who qualify as musicians because they make a lot of money as such, but aren't really.


Rascal Flatts
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,113
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:12 am
Location: formerly Pittsburgh, now NJ

Re: CMAs

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:40 pm

blackjack68 wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
Godric wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:
Taylor Swift Justin Bieber one of, if not the, most overrated musicians there is. Her voice is annoying, she isn't that great of a singer, and all her songs are basically the same damn thing with a different instrumental.


interchangble really :pop:


There are a lot of people who qualify as musicians because they make a lot of money as such, but aren't really.


Rascal Flatts


Rascal Flatts is absolutely awful. Theres a reason when 99.99% of your fan base, probably 100% are women. They had the brass ones to close Saturday night at Jamboree in the Hills this year. And say what you want about the event, but that night is the biggest, and it is a HUGE deal and whoever does it usually plays for 2-2 1/2 hours sometimes. They played 60 minutes, mostly slow songs, and not even an encore (not that I wanted one) but of course every female in the crowd thought they saw country music God's that night
DudeMan2766
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,629
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: ....WE'RE IN THE SUPERDOME BRUTHERS!

Re: CMAs

Postby pittsports87 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:13 pm

The intro to the awards last night was pretty hilarious:
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,327
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: College

Re: CMAs

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:45 pm

I agree that I don't like most of Rascal Flatts' stuff, but I do like Bless the Broken Road.

For my money (similar group), I'd much rather have Lone Star.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,568
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: CMAs

Postby pittsports87 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:57 pm

Lonestar is pretty great.

I'd take both of them over the Zac Brown Band.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,327
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: College

Re: CMAs

Postby ulf on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:01 pm

bite your tongue
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,745
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: CMAs

Postby blackjack68 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:05 pm

pittsports87 wrote:Lonestar is pretty great.

I'd take both of them over the Zac Brown Band.


Hope your ride on the short bus was fun. Cause that's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,113
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:12 am
Location: formerly Pittsburgh, now NJ

Re: CMAs

Postby pittsports87 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:13 pm

I don't like the Zac Brown Band at all, they've had maybe 3 or 4 good songs. Most of their music is boring to me.

I'd take songs like Summer Nights, Bless The Broken Road, My Wish, Unstoppable over anything the Zac Brown Band has ever done.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,327
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: College

Re: CMAs

Postby blackjack68 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:29 pm

Just plain insane. Seriously.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,113
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:12 am
Location: formerly Pittsburgh, now NJ

Re: CMAs

Postby pittsports87 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:43 pm

Oh nooooo someone has a different opinion about musicians :scared:
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,327
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: College

Re: CMAs

Postby blackjack68 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:56 pm

Not scared. Just stunned. Seen both bands live multiple times. ZBB owns all day long.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,113
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:12 am
Location: formerly Pittsburgh, now NJ

Re: CMAs

Postby pittsports87 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:13 am

I've never seen either live. From everything I've heard Rascal Flatts is trash live. I don't plan to ever see either live.

I'm talking about the studio albums they have released and the CDQ version of the songs. Rascal Flatts all day over Zac Brown.

Neither of them would be in my top 50 country acts though.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,327
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: College

Re: CMAs

Postby blackjack68 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:49 am

pittsports87 wrote:I've never seen either live. From everything I've heard Rascal Flatts is trash live. I don't plan to ever see either live.

I'm talking about the studio albums they have released and the CDQ version of the songs. Rascal Flatts all day over Zac Brown.

Neither of them would be in my top 50 country acts though.


Opinions are like a-holes... brown and dirty and wrong.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,113
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:12 am
Location: formerly Pittsburgh, now NJ

Re: CMAs

Postby canaan on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:21 am

Most contemporary country acts are generic pop fiascos. Rascal Flatts is pretty sissified pop acting as country. The kid that performed at the CMAs that played the piano in the middle of the crowd is in that same category.

The country scene nowadays is pretty lame. I'm not even looking for Alabama-type country, I'd settle for joe diffie. This pretty boy pseudo-country stuff is tiresome.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,003
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: CMAs

Postby columbia on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:27 am

Translation:

canaan wrote:johnnycashmiddlefinger.jpg


I like country music, but it's not clear that Nashville is interested in producing it these days.
Maybe they haven't been for > than 30 years?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,481
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: CMAs

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:00 am

Unreal Joe Diffie reference...haha
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,568
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dickie Dunn, pensfan1989, Stay Jelly and 4 guests

e-mail