We have a Ric Jackman sighting!

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

We have a Ric Jackman sighting!

Postby JS© on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:52 pm

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=644990

Having never been to Asia, former NHLer Ric Jackman wasn't prepared for that speed when he signed last year with Asia League Ice Hockey's Anyang Halla, the top pro team in South Korea.

"The hockey is a lot better than what I expected, definitely. They're great skaters. Their game is a lot faster than what I was used to," said Jackman, who played 231 NHL games with six teams. "That was one of the areas I had to improve on in the preseason. Getting faster and losing a few pounds. It was definitely an eye opener in training camp."

Former NHL player Ric Jackman has found stability in the Asia League, helping raise the profile of ice hockey in South Korea.
After winning the Stanley Cup with Anaheim in 2007, Jackman spent three years playing in Europe before suiting up for 16 games with the ECHL's Utah Grizzlies in 2010. Looking to enjoy the last few years of his career in one place, the defenseman accepted a three-year offer from Anyang, which in 2010 became the first Korean club to win the Asia League title.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: We have a Ric Jackman sighting!

Postby mikey287 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:58 pm

That's really not even fair...I mean, Ric Jackman is a good AHL player, without even lifting a finger he's the best defenseman in that league and if he tries at 50% he's probably the best player in that league (maybe ever)...the level of competition compared to what he's used to is just diddly-poo...for reference, Shane Endicott went over there and tore the league up...Endicott wasn't even a good AHL player...he wasn't a good anything besides waste of a 2nd round pick...

Also...

mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: We have a Ric Jackman sighting!

Postby JS© on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:23 pm

I nearly forgot that Endo went to Asia League. I definitely didn't know he finished 2nd in the league in goals and 3rd in the league in total points in 2009.

By the looks of it, he's finally out of hockey.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to NPR