Tomas Vokoun to practice with HC Energie Karlovy Vary

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Tomas Vokoun to practice with HC Energie Karlovy Vary

Postby Tomas on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:43 am

According to the club, Vokoun should arrive to Carlsbad during the weekend. So far, he is just to practice with the team. In the meantime, he and Carlsbad will be negotiating the insurance coverage and contractual terms. The team is near the bottom of the standings, and the management is not happy with the No. 1 goalie Lukas Mensator. At this point, HC Energie has MacDonald (NYI) on their roster.
Last edited by Tomas on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Tomas Vokoun to practice with HC Energie Karlovy Vary

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:53 am

Also was Milan Kraft's old team before he went to Sparta Praha (I think) before retiring.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tomas on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:57 am

MRandall25 wrote:Also was Milan Kraft's old team before he went to Sparta Praha (I think) before retiring.

Milan Kraft has not retired. For the 2+ years, he has played for Chomutov Pirates (i.e. the team in the "racist fans scandal" discussed in NPR). In fact, he is the team's captain as far as I know.
http://www.piratichomutov.cz/hrac.asp?i ... egorie=MUZ

(This is the team's inaugural season in the Extraleague. Before that, Kraft played with them in the 2nd league.)
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby sniper on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:48 pm

wow 32, going on 55 by the looks of it.
sniper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Tomas wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Also was Milan Kraft's old team before he went to Sparta Praha (I think) before retiring.

Milan Kraft has not retired. For the 2+ years, he has played for Chomutov Pirates (i.e. the team in the "racist fans scandal" discussed in NPR). In fact, he is the team's captain as far as I know.
http://www.piratichomutov.cz/hrac.asp?i ... egorie=MUZ

(This is the team's inaugural season in the Extraleague. Before that, Kraft played with them in the 2nd league.)

It's weird, HockeyDB doesn't have any stats for Kraft at Chomutov prior to this year (hence why I thought he retired) http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... ?pid=45185.

I also misspoke. He went to Slavia Praha after Karlovy Vary.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tomas on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:33 pm

Vokoun will not join Carlsbad team after all (at least not yet). There were some major problems with the insurance, and, apparently, Vokoun's agent Alan Walsh strongly did not recommend the move. Vokoun is thus still staying with his family in Florida.

The league has now one of its pre-scheduled National Team tournament breaks until 11/14, and lot of things can happen between now and then.

Re Kraft: Until this year, Pirates were playing in the 2nd Czech league. HockeyDB covers only the Czech Extraleague, I think.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby meow on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:16 am

NPR
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins