Are You Ready for Some Football? Steelers/Giants

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football? Steelers/Giants

Postby DudeMan2766 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:33 pm

Geezer wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:Yeah, the ruling was incredible, and Cowher looked like a buffoon for suggesting that it was correct. In accordance with Mikey and Gary above, accepting the officials' explanation meant that if the RB would have caught the ball as it came forward, it would have been a fumble recovery instead of a completion -- ludicrous. What if the RB then threw the ball (because he was behind the line and there wasn't a forward pass yet)? According to the officials, that would have been legal.

Just a terrible, terrible, terrible call.

I think cowher's bitter that the Rooney's wouldn't give him mega bucks,that Tomlin's a better coach and that Ben's a better QB with Cowher gone. He was okay but was a consistent playoff failure as a coach.


Thats what it comes down to doesnt it? EVERYONE, no matter who, is jealous of the Steelers.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,171
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football? Steelers/Giants

Postby shmenguin on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:34 pm

Geezer wrote:
shmenguin wrote:i still thought the hit was excessively late, and don't mind that it was penalized

:slug:

The hit was a split second after Ike tipped the ball. DBs can't defy physics.


hits that late are usually flagged - physics-defying or not
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,185
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football? Steelers/Giants

Postby Geezer on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:49 pm

shmenguin wrote:
Geezer wrote:
shmenguin wrote:i still thought the hit was excessively late, and don't mind that it was penalized

:slug:

The hit was a split second after Ike tipped the ball. DBs can't defy physics.


hits that late are usually flagged - physics-defying or not

I have not seen any player,coach,reporter or that idiot crew call that hit late. If it was than 90% of all hits are late. I agree to disagree; if you think that was late that's fine.There are probably those that also think the 1st PI call on Lewis was legit.Whatever.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,438
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:24 am

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football? Steelers/Giants

Postby Geezer on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:54 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Geezer wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:Yeah, the ruling was incredible, and Cowher looked like a buffoon for suggesting that it was correct. In accordance with Mikey and Gary above, accepting the officials' explanation meant that if the RB would have caught the ball as it came forward, it would have been a fumble recovery instead of a completion -- ludicrous. What if the RB then threw the ball (because he was behind the line and there wasn't a forward pass yet)? According to the officials, that would have been legal.

Just a terrible, terrible, terrible call.

I think cowher's bitter that the Rooney's wouldn't give him mega bucks,that Tomlin's a better coach and that Ben's a better QB with Cowher gone. He was okay but was a consistent playoff failure as a coach.


Thats what it comes down to doesnt it? EVERYONE, no matter who, is jealous of the Steelers.

No; where did you read everyone in my post? It's an observation of made of Cowher and it is O P I N I O N. Spelled it slowly for you. No everyone- is -jealous horse manure. Maybe he's not, but he strikes me that way. You're entitled to your opinions and your strawmen.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,438
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:24 am

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football? Steelers/Giants

Postby ulf on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:00 pm

That wasn't a late hit. Ball didn't hit the ground, and the whistle hadn't been blown yet. Perfectly fine play getting a hit in while you can and making sure he can't get back to the tipped ball. Part of football is hitting people hard, believe it or not.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,178
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football? Steelers/Giants

Postby penny lane on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:13 am

Pittsburgh Steelers ‏@steelers
Congrats to @Ike_SwagginU on being named AFC Defensive Player of the Week


:thumb:

encouraging news from the PG ; troy could return on 11/18 against ravens.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,827
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football? Steelers/Giants

Postby Dickie Dunn on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:55 am

That will probably help recruiting at Ike T Squared University.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,345
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:05 am

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football? Steelers/Giants

Postby TheHammer24 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:05 pm

penny lane wrote:
Pittsburgh Steelers ‏@steelers
Congrats to @Ike_SwagginU on being named AFC Defensive Player of the Week


:thumb:

encouraging news from the PG ; troy could return on 11/18 against ravens.

Wow. Ike T! The guy just had a total brain fart in the early weeks of the season, but he, Lewis, and the safeties led by Ryan Clark just shut down one of the best receiving corps in the League. These are very encouraging signs for our team. If we can roll over the Chiefs and beat the Ravens, I'm going to be very confident about our chances to make a playoff run.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,156
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football? Steelers/Giants

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:18 pm

I'm so confused, I thought Ike sucked again.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,547
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football? Steelers/Giants

Postby columbia on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:20 pm

penny lane wrote:
Pittsburgh Steelers ‏@steelers
Congrats to @Ike_SwagginU on being named AFC Defensive Player of the Week




Godric wrote:Image
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,371
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football? Steelers/Giants

Postby TheHammer24 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:00 pm

The Steelers are now 10:1 to win the Super Bowl behind only the:

49ers - 7:2
Texans - 5:1
Pats - 5:1
Packers - 6:1
Giants - 7:2
Falcons - 8:1
Bears - 8:1
Broncos - 9:1

Interestingly, the Ravens are all the way down at 25:1.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,156
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football? Steelers/Giants

Postby Godric on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:13 pm

columbia wrote:
penny lane wrote:
Pittsburgh Steelers ‏@steelers
Congrats to @Ike_SwagginU on being named AFC Defensive Player of the Week




Godric wrote:Image




:lol:


Seriously though.... he gets the ball thrown directly at him and for once in his life catches the ball and suddenly he is a defensive player of the week? gtfo
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football? Steelers/Giants

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:17 pm

49ers are a sucker bet. As good as their defense is, I firmly do not believe their offense is explosive enough to win a Super Bowl at this point.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 57,864
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football? Steelers/Giants

Postby TheHammer24 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:21 pm

Godric wrote:
columbia wrote:
penny lane wrote:
Pittsburgh Steelers ‏@steelers
Congrats to @Ike_SwagginU on being named AFC Defensive Player of the Week




Godric wrote:Image




:lol:


Seriously though.... he gets the ball thrown directly at him and for once in his life catches the ball and suddenly he is a defensive player of the week? gtfo

Yeah. After all, the Giants WRs really beat him up and down the field. :face:
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,156
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football? Steelers/Giants

Postby Froggy on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:59 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:The Steelers are now 10:1 to win the Super Bowl behind only the:

49ers - 7:2
Texans - 5:1
Pats - 5:1
Packers - 6:1
Giants - 7:2
Falcons - 8:1
Bears - 8:1
Broncos - 9:1

Interestingly, the Ravens are all the way down at 25:1.



broncos at 9:1 is interesting.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,841
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football? Steelers/Giants

Postby mac5155 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:47 pm

I think its funny the colts arent even in the talk.. as they have a better record than the steelers.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,057
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football? Steelers/Giants

Postby ulf on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:55 pm

mac5155 wrote:I think its funny the colts arent even in the talk.. as they have a better record than the steelers.

a) same record
b) the AFC south is pretty bad. The Texans are good.
c) Rookie QB. Last rookie QB to win a Super Bowl? Kurt Warner is the only one. He wasn't a normal rookie.
d) Their defense is pretty bad.
e) Basically, I don't think they're as good as their record. Not bad by any means, and definitely exceeding my and everyone's expectations. But I can't consider them contenders.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,178
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football? Steelers/Giants

Postby mikey287 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:06 pm

If it wasn't for that ridiculous finish to Jacksonville, we'd be 6-2!

But, no, we aren't contenders. A playoff spot is asking a lot I think. The defense just isn't very good, there's a lot of rookies all over the lineup, and with Arians running these stupid slip screens to T.Y. Hilton, he's going to get hurt next week...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,501
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Previous

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: the wicked child and 7 guests


e-mail