The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:37 pm

I kinda miss the Awesome Truth
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JS© on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:55 pm

If you feel like avoiding RAW and just want to skim the spoilers, here ya go. Now that I have a timeline of stuff, I'll probably be watching Saints/Eagles and flipping back and forth.

Not sure if these are full results, but I can't see Heath Slater doing the main event vs Jey Uso and that's the last match listed on 3 different sites.
Spoiler:
Raw opened with The Miz and Paul Heyman arguing backstage about CM Punk running out last week, which led to Miz quitting the Survivor Series team. They teased Brad Maddox's explanation and more evidence from Vickie Guerrero.

1. Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara and R-Truth defeated Antonio Cesaro and The Prime Time Players. Thomas felt it was standard tag match. Truth pinned Mysterio. Darren notes that it was a good match to get the crowd going. The faces cleaned house before Rey hit Cesaro with the 619 and Truth hit him with the Lil Jimmy for the win. Fairly even match.

There was a long promo segment with Vickie Guerrero and John Cena, where new evidence of some room jumping at the hotel. Cena said it was doctored as it was from two different camera angles.

A.J. Lee appeared backstage and threatened to beat up Vickie. If she did, she would be fired from what she loved. Dolph Ziggler appeared and said, "We all know what you love doing." A.J. left and Cena ran backstage.

Heyman asked Wade Barrett to join team Punk. Barrett accepted under a condition that was inaudible.

2. Cody Rhodes (w/Damien Sandow) defeated Daniel Bryan (w/Kane) in two minutes. Bryan went to dive on both of Rhodes Scholars but hit Damien Sandow. Cody capitalized with a Beautiful Disaster kick off the apron, and a CrossRhodes back in the ring for the win. After the match, Cody said Damien could defeat Kane just as easily. Sandow protested, but Kane dragged him in the ring and the match started.

3. Kane (w/Daniel Bryan) defeated Danien Sandow (w/Cody Rhodes) in 4.30. Kane squash. Rhodes and Bryan were sent away from ringside after brawling shortly before Kane won with a chokeslam.

Suspended referee Brad Maddox came out to be interviewed. Michael Cole asked him if he was in cahoots with Punk. He said no, and talked about his history trying to get to the WWE. He did it to make an impact, and asked for a contract and a match with Ryback.

Vince McMahon came out and said he would give him a million dollar contract if he beats Ryback next week. He brought out Vickie Guerrero, and made her book Punk vs. Ryback vs. Cena for Survivor Series. He didn't say if the ten-man tag at Survivor Series would go ahead without Punk and Ryback.

4. Sheamus defeated The Miz in 12:20. Solid match. Sheamus won with a Brogue Kick. Big Show was on commentary for the match.

Vickie came out of Vince's office and told Dolph Ziggler that he is now captain of Punk's Survivor Series team. Punk walked up to them and said Vince was just screwing with him. Vickie booked the two of them against Ryback and Cena in the main event.

William Regal and Sheamus appeared backstage, but Regal got such a reaction I couldn't tell what they were saying. It seemed to be a pleasant exchange.

5. Kaitlyn and Layla defeated Eve and Aksana in about four minutes. Dull and sloppy. Kaitlyn won with a reverse DDT.

6. 6. Kofi Kingston defeated Alberto Del Rio in 8:00.
The crowd is starting to die, as they were flat for a mediocre match. It wasn't bad, but I think the crowd sensed a ADR win. However, Orton's music played (to a big pop) and distracted Del Rio, allowing Kofi to roll him up. Orton came out from somewhere (crowd or under the ring), RKO'd Del Rio, and posed.

7. Santino and Zack Ryder defeated Epico and Primo in 4:45.
Comedy from Santino, which was very over with the crowd. Otherwise, they were silent.

8. Wade Barrett defeated Brodus Clay in about five minutes.
Wade got a monster pop, which led to Brodus getting booed. Fairly even match, which Wade won with the Souvenir. He played to a hot crowd after the match.

9. Heath Slater defeated Jey Uso in 3.45.
The crowds really dead now, and they match did little to perk then up. Slater won with an Edgecution like DDT. No Drew McIntyre again.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:04 pm

I think my favorite spoiler ever was I think last year they did a taped RAW from England, and Ryder was still basically a house show jobber. There was a 6 man tag match and it gave the results then said

After the match, with everyone still inside the ring, Zack Ryder came onto the stage, said "Woo Woo Woo You know It" then left.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JS© on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:33 pm

yep, seen enough. Hello NFL.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:12 pm

Just started raw and the wife is watching Ryback say, "feed me more" and she's adding in "steroids" after every chant. I chose wisely
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:35 pm

3MB's entrance theme is awesome
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:45 pm

Turned it on just in time for 3MB and Usos.

back to football
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Don't forget to vote.

nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:20 pm

haha, nice!

See if you can spot Damien Sandow in this clip
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:50 pm

It looks like Linda is going to lose the race. Good news?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:52 pm

Ding, ding, ding!
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JS© on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:57 pm

https://twitter.com/Horatio___Caine/sta ... 2443582464

@Horatio___Caine wrote:Linda McMahon losing her Senate race 61-37. Her chances of winning the seat?....(sunglasses on).... No chance in hell #yeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shyster on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Oh LGP pro wrestling fans, I need some advice. I’ve signed up to buy some Christmas presents for a needy child through an annual toy drive run by the Allegheny County Bar Association. I’m getting something for Rico, who is a ten-year-old boy and would like some “wrestling men.” I see that there are plenty of WWE action figures that I think would fit the bill, and I think two or so of them would fit under the recommended budget cap. I have no idea who the popular wrestlers are these days. If you were buying, say, two action figures of popular WWE stars, who would you buy? I mean, I don’t want to buy Rico an action figure of some tool bag. Looking at the offerings, I’m seeing names like Rey Mysterio, Kane, Edge, John Cena, Randy Orton, and Big Show.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DudeMan2766 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:59 pm

Shyster wrote:Oh LGP pro wrestling fans, I need some advice. I’ve signed up to buy some Christmas presents for a needy child through an annual toy drive run by the Allegheny County Bar Association. I’m getting something for Rico, who is a ten-year-old boy and would like some “wrestling men.” I see that there are plenty of WWE action figures that I think would fit the bill, and I think two or so of them would fit under the recommended budget cap. I have no idea who the popular wrestlers are these days. If you were buying, say, two action figures of popular WWE stars, who would you buy? I mean, I don’t want to buy Rico an action figure of some tool bag. Looking at the offerings, I’m seeing names like Rey Mysterio, Kane, Edge, John Cena, Randy Orton, and Big Show.

Anything John Cena for a 10 year old wrestling fan definately. Ray Mysterio is really popular with kids. Sheamus is pretty big with kids too.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:25 pm

I hope the kid isn't a smark :)

Agree with dude man and good for you for doing that, my wife and I do a similar thing but we always get boring kids like one year old girls :(
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:47 pm

lolololol...check out Vince rolling his eyes at 2:07. Way to waste a hundred mill, Linda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=a2BXtzC6fMI#t=118s
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:33 pm

That link would load for me :(
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JS© on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Shane O Mac sighting at 2:10 on our left, Linda's right.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shyster on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:09 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:Anything John Cena for a 10 year old wrestling fan definately. Ray Mysterio is really popular with kids. Sheamus is pretty big with kids too.

Thanks for the advice. Little Rico will be getting the "Hook Throwin John Cena VS. Fist Poundin Sheamus" two-pack:

http://www.amazon.com/WWE-Wrestling-Fle ... 004U5BXZM/
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DudeMan2766 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:31 pm

Shyster wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:Anything John Cena for a 10 year old wrestling fan definately. Ray Mysterio is really popular with kids. Sheamus is pretty big with kids too.

Thanks for the advice. Little Rico will be getting the "Hook Throwin John Cena VS. Fist Poundin Sheamus" two-pack:

http://www.amazon.com/WWE-Wrestling-Fle ... 004U5BXZM/

Awesome. Good on you for doing that :thumb:

Edit: I will say tho, clicked on the link, that can't be 40 bucks right? If thats around your budget, I think those things are just regular action figures.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Shyster on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:40 pm

The action figures have springs and stuff in them so that they can supposedly execute wrestling moves. I believe those two throw two different punches. That particular pack does seem a little on the expensive side (and it’s a little over the recommended budget of $25–$30), but what the heck, it’s a Christmas present for needy kid. Last year I got and eight-year-old boy a dinosaur thing that would screech and try to bite you and stuff.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DudeMan2766 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:59 pm

Just looking at them i was thinking back to all the old action figs I have in my basement now. Just 4-6'' stuff that don't really do anything. But I guess they make them better now. But if the kid wants wrestling men, that should make him happy
:fist:
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:47 am

DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby nocera on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:59 am

DudeMan2766 wrote:

What a dumb gimmick that somehow worked.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:14 am

WWE needs to go back to wrestlers with gimmicks
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR