TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:01 pm

newarenanow wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
Eismann wrote:I have found the new season of Sunny to be largely uninteresting.

I'm starting to dislike the D and Dennis characters. Otherwise, I'm enjoying this season.

Dee's character reached her saturation point last season. Now she's a sinking ship. Dennis still has a lot left, IMO.

Frank with the therapist was hilarious.

I really enjoyed that episode. I thought all 5 sessions were great. One of the better episodes in a while.

Yeah. And I don't understand why people are disliking Dee and Dennis. I think they're as great as ever. Dee is actually better and crazier. Dennis so full of himself it's hilarious. Anyway, Dee is probably my favorite right now. The way she went totally psycho in the end of the shrink episode was epic.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:04 pm

I forgot to watch The League so I watched all 5 this weekend. I liked them.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:56 pm

Sarcastic wrote:Yeah. And I don't understand why people are disliking Dee and Dennis. I think they're as great as ever. Dee is actually better and crazier. Dennis so full of himself it's hilarious. Anyway, Dee is probably my favorite right now. The way she went totally psycho in the end of the shrink episode was epic.

the obnoxious crazy thing needs to be used in moderation. she's been doing it too much lately.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:42 pm

i thought the last episode was waaay too broad. they seemed more like caricatures of themselves... except for frank. his stuff was great
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:32 am

HIMYM:

Glad they finally ended the run of the "autumn of breakups". It was time to finish that up. Knew it would be the first 6 or 7 episodes. Hopefully now it starts getting into how Barney and Robin get together and how Ted finally meets the mother.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Nuge on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:46 pm

newarenanow wrote:HIMYM:

Glad they finally ended the run of the "autumn of breakups". It was time to finish that up. Knew it would be the first 6 or 7 episodes. Hopefully now it starts getting into how Barney and Robin get together and how Ted finally meets the mother.

Last night was the first episode of the season that I even laughed once. They really just need to announce that this is the last season and have him meet the mom in the last episode.
Nuge
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:22 pm

Nuge wrote:
newarenanow wrote:HIMYM:

Last night was the first episode of the season that I even laughed once. They really just need to announce that this is the last season and have him meet the mom in the last episode.

Yeah, they need to decide what is going to happen (I'm hoping this is the last season), because to me, it seems like they are just killing time with crappy episodes that are taking up 5 weeks instead of 1 week until they know what is happening.

I do truly think though that there might be 2 or 3 more filler episodes before they get into the good story line regardless if there is another season or not. He is definitley meeting the mother this season. It's just a matter if they are going to show life for the first year after meeting the mother and let us get to know her next season if there is one.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:43 pm

Really struggled to pay attention during Dexter this week. Ugh. Not a good sign. With so many people in on "the secret," he's gotta start killing some (or all) soon. They've already said there will be another season, so you know he's not going anywhere...
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pittsoccer33 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:35 pm

just a tip for office fans who dvr the show:

i notice that last week's episdoe ("the boat") was incorrectly labeled as "the whale" which airs this thursday. due to sandy the schedule was pushed back a week. since my dvr already thought i recorded "the whale" it was planning to skip this week's episode.

id check that for anything you record that was pre-empted by sandy or sweeps week.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:03 am

newarenanow wrote:Yeah, they need to decide what is going to happen (I'm hoping this is the last season), because to me, it seems like they are just killing time with crappy episodes that are taking up 5 weeks instead of 1 week until they know what is happening.

I do truly think though that there might be 2 or 3 more filler episodes before they get into the good story line regardless if there is another season or not. He is definitley meeting the mother this season. It's just a matter if they are going to show life for the first year after meeting the mother and let us get to know her next season if there is one.

I got me some breakfast and I'm gonna watch Mother and 2 Broke Chicks and Hawaii now. What I can't stand is the idea that Barney and Robin end up together. Again. I think that's some of the lamest writing I ever saw on TV.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:22 pm

Mother bored me. 2 Broke Chicks had one of their best episodes yet.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:24 pm

Sarcastic wrote:Mother bored me. 2 Broke Chicks had one of their best episodes yet.

2 Broke girls has been absolutely awesome. Great show and one of my favorite.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:32 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Really struggled to pay attention during Dexter this week. Ugh. Not a good sign. With so many people in on "the secret," he's gotta start killing some (or all) soon. They've already said there will be another season, so you know he's not going anywhere...

Spoiler:
My guess is that by season's end, everyone knows and he is on the run during the final season with everyone trying to catch him
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:35 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:Mother bored me. 2 Broke Chicks had one of their best episodes yet.

Did you catch that gag reflex joke on Caroline? They really push the envelope. Sometimes it falls flat, but sometimes they do hit the target.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:38 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

Did you catch that gag reflex joke on Caroline? They really push the envelope. Sometimes it falls flat, but sometimes they do hit the target.

Yes. And I definitely agree, they push it very close. I think they hit most of the time, but sometimes it does fall flat. But it's worth it.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:26 am

B in Apt 23 was hilarious this week. James Van Der Beek is really top notch on this show.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:30 am

I forced myself to watch half an episode of Big Bang Theory. How do people love this show so much? I found it incredibly irritating, and the LOL NERD LIVING AT HOME thing is beaten into the ground. Sheldon's schtick is tired and old too.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:39 am

shafnutz05 wrote:I forced myself to watch half an episode of Big Bang Theory. How do people love this show so much? I found it incredibly irritating, and the LOL NERD LIVING AT HOME thing is beaten into the ground. Sheldon's schtick is tired and old too.

i have 5 seasons on dvd :pop: its a good throwaway show to have on as noise when im doing ish around the hizzy.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:46 am

maybe that hate should go in the Irrational Pet Peeve thread, because I know most people like it.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:22 am

shafnutz05 wrote:I forced myself to watch half an episode of Big Bang Theory. How do people love this show so much? I found it incredibly irritating, and the LOL NERD LIVING AT HOME thing is beaten into the ground. Sheldon's schtick is tired and old too.

That's just because you are a mean old man wrapped up in a 20 something body.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:24 am

lol boosh
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:26 am

you cats watching american horror story? i never saw the first season, but im enjoying this one.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:27 am

canaan wrote:you cats watching american horror story? i never saw the first season, but im enjoying this one.

I watched the first one and forgot to tape the rest...

Spoiler:
what's happening with the alien storyline? is there a werewolf?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby canaan on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:30 am

eddysnake wrote:
canaan wrote:you cats watching american horror story? i never saw the first season, but im enjoying this one.

I watched the first one and forgot to tape the rest...

Spoiler:
what's happening with the alien storyline? is there a werewolf?

Spoiler:
possessed chick, nun with a past, doctor who may have been an SS doctor, helpful psychologist who may be the most twisted, alien story may or may not have happened, chick with growths and no legs...your run of the mill horror stuff. no werewolf yet, to my knowledge.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitts on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:35 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Really struggled to pay attention during Dexter this week. Ugh. Not a good sign. With so many people in on "the secret," he's gotta start killing some (or all) soon. They've already said there will be another season, so you know he's not going anywhere...

Now, I thought this week's episode was the one that finally got me "into" the season. I love Hannah's character and the interaction with Dexter, and now that mob boss is back out, the ballsy interactions between the two really provide a spark.

I never liked Deb knowing since the beginning.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR