Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby kovyfalcon27 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Froggy wrote:
kovyfalcon27 wrote:Facebook Pre-Game: "GO STILLERS!!!" "STILLERS ARE DA BEST!" "I'M THE NUMBER ONE STILLER FAN!!!" "WE GOT 6 RINGS AND YOU DON'T HAHAHAHA!"

Facebook During Game if the Steelers aren't winning 600-0: "OMG STILLERS ARE THE WORST,CAN'T EVEN WATCH THIS!!!" "FIRE TOMLIN" "BENCH BEN!!" "I HATE YOU STILLERS!!!"

hardly exclusive to steelers fans

But equally annoying.
kovyfalcon27
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:ben stopped a moving car with his head. pretty tough

I actually did laugh out loud at this.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby blackjack68 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:17 pm

Troy Loney wrote:
mac5155 wrote:I lol'd last night when the guy at the bar blamed "Worthlessberger" for the KC Chiefs scoring a running TD.

Where did "worthlessburger" come from? I heard that nickname for the first time last night. My favorite is "cheeseburger" which I first heard from my friend's college buddy from Cincinnati.

It came from fans of jealous rivals.

My favorite was Madden who made it sound like "Wafflesburger". Tasty sounding right?
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Tim Thomasen on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:21 pm

Godric wrote:I think its pretty pathetic that in the 9 years Ben has been in the league the Steelers couldn't draft and develope a decent backup QB

Tebow sucks BTW.

But i'll do you one better Godric, its truly pathetic that before Ben came around the Steelers went 21 years without a true successor to Terry Bradshaw. They went over two decades without drafting a franchise QB unless you think David Woodley, Cliff Stoudt, Todd Blackledge, Mark Malone, Bubby Brister, Neil O' Donnell, Kordell Stewart, Kent Graham and Tommy Maddox were franchise QB's. I don't. They could of drafted a franchise QB in Dan Marino but passed on him because they wanted to rebuild the team through defense despite the fact that Bradshaw was 35 in 1983 and no real successor in the waiting to replace him.

To me that's pathetic, but what you saying is bad as well.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby Tim Thomasen on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:28 pm

Froggy wrote:
kovyfalcon27 wrote:Facebook Pre-Game: "GO STILLERS!!!" "STILLERS ARE DA BEST!" "I'M THE NUMBER ONE STILLER FAN!!!" "WE GOT 6 RINGS AND YOU DON'T HAHAHAHA!"

Facebook During Game if the Steelers aren't winning 600-0: "OMG STILLERS ARE THE WORST,CAN'T EVEN WATCH THIS!!!" "FIRE TOMLIN" "BENCH BEN!!" "I HATE YOU STILLERS!!!"

hardly exclusive to steelers fans

That's the main reason I HATE Steeler fans. When the team plays great (even if its againist a worthless opponent) Stiller Nation will come out saying that were the best in the world, no one can stop us, were going to the SB, the Rooneys are Gods etc but then if the Stillers lose even if its a squeaker everyone in Stiller Nation jumps off a cliff and proclaims that the Steelers are the worst in the league, we will never win another game and Ben sucks. It's very annoying and can suck the lefe out of watching the team for every other fan who doesn't live too high or too low

In sports, fans have to have a even keel when watching their team and the expectations involve. You can't expect your team to win every game and when they do win play perfect at the same time.

But your right Steeler fans aren't exclusive to this. Pens fans are exactly like this as well.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby Troy Loney on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:30 pm

Pretty sure this isn't exclusive to the city of pittsburgh.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:31 pm

lol, exactly. I don't think most fanbases are rational
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:32 pm

Tim Thomasen wrote:
Godric wrote:I think its pretty pathetic that in the 9 years Ben has been in the league the Steelers couldn't draft and develope a decent backup QB

Tebow sucks BTW.

But i'll do you one better Godric, its truly pathetic that before Ben came around the Steelers went 21 years without a true successor to Terry Bradshaw. They went over two decades without drafting a franchise QB unless you think David Woodley, Cliff Stoudt, Todd Blackledge, Mark Malone, Bubby Brister, Neil O' Donnell, Kordell Stewart, Kent Graham and Tommy Maddox were franchise QB's. I don't. They could of drafted a franchise QB in Dan Marino but passed on him because they wanted to rebuild the team through defense despite the fact that Bradshaw was 35 in 1983 and no real successor in the waiting to replace him.

Us Dolphin fans have no sympathy for your pathetic post Bradshaw QBs
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Tim Thomasen on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:33 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:

Tebow sucks BTW.

Us Dolphin fans have no sympathy for your pathetic post Bradshaw QBs

And you shouldn't.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:34 pm

its silly to draft a QB to be the back up when you have a franchise QB. you cannot devote the resources in terms of time and dollars to it. a qb coming out of college will need to learn the play book, the speed of the nfl, etc etc and that cant be done on the bench.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tim Thomasen on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:35 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:lol, exactly. I don't think most fanbases are rational

But you don't think some fanbases can be more levelheaded than others? I mean the way Steeler fans handle themselves after wins and losses can be pretty bad.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Troy Loney wrote:Pretty sure this isn't exclusive to the city of pittsburgh.

it isnt exclusive, just magnified to the nth degree.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Tim Thomasen on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:42 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:

This.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Troy Loney on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:its silly to draft a QB to be the back up when you have a franchise QB. you cannot devote the resources in terms of time and dollars to it. a qb coming out of college will need to learn the play book, the speed of the nfl, etc etc and that cant be done on the bench.

I thought either Gruden or Tirico articulated this point prett well last night when Leftwich came in. You don't need some homegrown guy, you need someone with experience that can step in and play the position in a pinch. Unfortunately Tomlin and Colbert think that guy is Byron Leftwich, this is more a function of bad judgement than bad ideas.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Steve on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:43 pm

haha - Steelers fans are just obsessed with the Steelers, there is no disputing this. No group of individuals, except of course Ravens fans, are more obsessed with the Pittsburgh Steelers. (at least where I live)
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Troy Loney on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:43 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:

Et tu Brute?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JS© on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:47 pm

Tim Thomasen wrote:They could of drafted a franchise QB in Dan Marino but passed on him because they wanted to rebuild the team through defense despite the fact that Bradshaw was 35 in 1983 and no real successor in the waiting to replace him.

I heard there was more to it; that 26 other teams chose to pass on Marino because a)multiple knee surgeries by the time he was 21, and b) a rumored drug problem.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:its silly to draft a QB to be the back up when you have a franchise QB. you cannot devote the resources in terms of time and dollars to it. a qb coming out of college will need to learn the play book, the speed of the nfl, etc etc and that cant be done on the bench.

I think the idea of young guys needing playing time to fully develop is so overrated. I mean, Aaron Rodgers rode the bench for three years and did pretty well for himself the first year he was called on to lead the team. You don't need to be the starter to learn the playbook and the Xs&Os behind football. The three hour window a QB has on Sunday is small compared to the amount of preparation done 50+ hours a week throughout the rest of the year.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bhaw on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:59 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:

I think the idea of young guys needing playing time to fully develop is so overrated. I mean, Aaron Rodgers rode the bench for three years and did pretty well for himself the first year he was called on to lead the team. You don't need to be the starter to learn the playbook and the Xs&Os behind football. The three hour window a QB has on Sunday is small compared to the amount of preparation done 50+ hours a week throughout the rest of the year.

Rodgers was brought in when they knew the Favre clock was running out. If they draft a guy to groom into a starting QB, that means they expect the clock to be up on Ben soon.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:59 pm

leftwich or a groomed backup...i don't think it will matter in the end. can't beat a good team with either of them.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:59 pm

aaron rodgers was also a first round pick. the steelers are not going to to devote a first round pick to a qb at this time. would you expect kirk cousins to be able to come in and be a successful QB after pine riding for three years?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:00 pm

They're pretty hosed without Ben, so I'm not sure that it makes a difference.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby JS© on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:00 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:I'm proud to say that outside of someone who wears a Flyers jersey, I dont think theres anyone in sports I dislike more than Ben :thumb:

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:03 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:I'm proud to say that outside of someone who wears a Flyers jersey, I dont think theres anyone in sports I dislike more than Ben :thumb:

the trend seems to be that you dislike really, really talented athletes
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:03 pm

bhaw wrote:
DontToewsMeBro wrote:

Rodgers was brought in when they knew the Favre clock was running out. If they draft a guy to groom into a starting QB, that means they expect the clock to be up on Ben soon.

Rodgers sat for a few years and that turned out well. Would have have been as effective his rookie year as guys like Ben, Rivers, Matt Ryan, etc? Probably, but maybe not.

I don't think it would have hurt Luck to sit behind Manning this season and next, but he's showing right now he didn't need that. Hopefully he progresses some more next year.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to NHR