Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:Nabbed Borderlands 2 for 38 bucks at The Exchange this weekend. So far. I enjoy it.

I finally finished all 4 DLCs for Borderlands 1 this weekened. I've done it all. I'm at level 47. The way this game is made, one really should do a second playthrough. That's when you get the best gear and stuff. But it's such a long game, I'm tired. I still love the weapons and shooting and could play more just for that, but I need to step away for a while. I may return to it at some point.

Great game just for the shooting. Story needed to be more polished because it's crazy that when you kill the general and blow up the warehouse, Marcus just rebuilds it a moment later and you can go loot for gear and fight the general again [I did use the glitch allowing me to do armory run as many times as I wanted]. But then he does it again. I mean. You kill someone and reload the game and they're back. I don't know about that. I get it why they left it that way, but it's really lazy, IMO. Some leveling problems. I was way overpowered when doing the last DLC, Robolution. Didn't need one medkit even.

Borderlands 2 is supposedly even better...
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:53 am

Lego LOTR today :thumb:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:25 am

the wicked child wrote:Lego LOTR today :thumb:

Nice. I'll probably wait a few months until it drops to 19.99 (the lego games drop pretty quicly), but this one I'm hoping is as promising as the Harry Potters.

I haven't got to play much, but I'm up to like 75% of the way through Lego Star Wars III. It's not as bad as I originally thought it was. But there is just so many side things to do (space missions, ground missions, etc) that are outside of the story arch, it is fun at first, but then they get very redundent. It's pretty much the same thing over and over, just blowing up a different object.

The bounty hunter missions were fun though.

I'm still wrapping up those side missions and I'm finding the canisters in 12 of the 18 boards.

It might not be until Thanksgiving before I get this one finished. Probably will either do Lego Batman 2 next or Metriod Other M.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:28 pm

I normally wait for the price drop, but this is LOTR.

Anyway, I got. $10 off next purchase and extra characters bonus for preordering on Amazon, so not too shabby.

Still need to pick up Batman 2 myself.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:54 pm

There is a cool puzzle game free for Plus users to be added later today. I tried the demo and wanted to buy it a few weeks ago. Well, good thing I didn't. It's called Quantum Conundrum. If I remember right, it is narrated by Q from Star Trek.

Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:55 pm

they need to put suikoden 2 on the PSN already or im gonna lose my mind.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:58 pm

And a discount on this one that I was going to buy too. Crazy graphics and supposedly a really good puzzler.

Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:02 pm

the wicked child wrote:So tempted to buy Okami HD...

I never played it. I keep looking at videos and just don't know what to think. I know it's popular.

An HD remake I'm really looking forward to is Killzone 1. I love that game. Played it 3 or 4 times in a row like 2 years ago. It's cheap on PSN now, but I think I want it on disc so I'll probably just buy the Killzone trilogy that just came out.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ajh2298 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Sarcastic wrote:

I never played it. I keep looking at videos and just don't know what to think. I know it's popular.

An HD remake I'm really looking forward to is Killzone 1. I love that game. Played it 3 or 4 times in a row like 2 years ago. It's cheap on PSN now, but I think I want it on disc so I'll probably just buy the Killzone trilogy that just came out.

I am pretty sure that the copy of Killzone 1 in the tilogy pack is just a vocher to download it on the PSN.
Last edited by ajh2298 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Sarcastic wrote:

So you never played the original? It was an awesome game (though I played the Wii version)... This is just an HD remake, but it was such a great game that I'm tempted to buy this version...
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:28 pm

ajh2298 wrote:I am pretty sure that the couple of Killzone 1 in the tilogy pack is just a vocher to download it on the PSN.

Ooooh, is it? I'll read up and try to find out for sure. Thanks for telling me. If that's the case, I'll d/l it.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:29 pm

the wicked child wrote:So you never played the original? It was an awesome game (though I played the Wii version)... This is just an HD remake, but it was such a great game that I'm tempted to buy this version...

No. Everyone says it's a great game. I'll probably just buy it blindly. I found a graphics comparison video on youtube between the 3 versions and the HD one looked SO much nicer.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:30 pm

Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Black Ops II is sweet.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:10 pm

Someone on Amazon writes that Killzone 1 is fully on disk and that you have to install it (3.5GB). Still need to keep the disk inside to play like a typical game. I'll have to think about it all.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:12 pm

Sarcastic wrote:Someone on Amazon writes that Killzone 1 is fully on disk and that you have to install it (3.5GB). Still need to keep the disk inside to play like a typical game. I'll have to think about it all.

The Killzone series is my favorite FPS series. Period. I loved the first one more than the other 2 because I liked the characters better. And the from the get-go it was an awesome feeling of epicness.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:41 pm

newarenanow wrote:
the wicked child wrote:Lego LOTR today :thumb:

Nice. I'll probably wait a few months until it drops to 19.99 (the lego games drop pretty quicly), but this one I'm hoping is as promising as the Harry Potters.

I haven't got to play much, but I'm up to like 75% of the way through Lego Star Wars III. It's not as bad as I originally thought it was. But there is just so many side things to do (space missions, ground missions, etc) that are outside of the story arch, it is fun at first, but then they get very redundent. It's pretty much the same thing over and over, just blowing up a different object.

The bounty hunter missions were fun though.

I'm still wrapping up those side missions and I'm finding the canisters in 12 of the 18 boards.

It might not be until Thanksgiving before I get this one finished. Probably will either do Lego Batman 2 next or Metriod Other M.

Do you use walkthroughs or do you use "The Force" to find all of the easter eggs and hidden objects? I find these games to be a nightmare for completionists/OCD sufferers. :lol:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby offsides on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Sarcastic wrote:I tried the new demo for Spec Ops: The Line and liked it so much I played 3 times. I am definitely buying this one. Very detailed graphics and some serious shooter gameplay. One thing I thought was that the sensitivity was too high. I had to turn it down all the way to the lowest 1 (out of 10 or something) to get comfortable with the gamepad, but then when I connected my mouse/keyboard, I had to turn it back to 3 and it was like BUTTER. Too bad it's $60 to start, so I'll wait a few months to get it. Games like that should be $30, IMO, and I wish people stopped buying when they first come out!

I'm on the last chapter and played in normal mode. Pretty good game with decent graphics. Some of the battles can be pretty intense. Definitely a fun shooter. :thumb:
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the wicked child on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:42 pm

Walking around chopping up lego orcs with a half broken lego Narsil... yes sir.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 pm

Black Ops II campaign is quite enjoyable. Treyarch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Infinity Ward.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:19 am

Only had a chance to play the first couple stages of Lego LOTR last night, but a brief description....

Thus far it's been following the movie more or less. It sounds like they got the actors to do at least some voice work because even though all of the dialogue has pretty much been straight out of the movie, the intonation and such is slightly different (yeah I know... I've seen these movies once or twice or 100 times).

A lot of the usual is still there... find mini-kits, collect studs, break ****, etc. Instead of Gold Bricks, this game has mithril bricks. I've noticed that apparently the characters can carry several items at once and you can switch between them. Haven't really had a need for carrying more than one so far though. I haven't done any building yet which is odd.

Apparently, there are characters throughout the game who are looking for specific items and by finding and returning those, you open up side quests. Haven't done that yet.

The game opens with you in control of Elendil, Isildur and Elrond at the great battle with Sauron. Lots of orcs. Lots. This continues up through the exchange at the cracks of doom between Elrond and Isildur.

Next up is a somewhat free roam of the lego Shire with Frodo and Sam. There is a specific spot you have to go, but no rush... I took my time and wandered around.... it was pretty cool in a geeky kind of way.

The last stage I played alternated between the Hobbits avoiding the Black Riders and Gandalf fighting Saruman.

As always, the original soundtrack is in full swing and awesome as ever. Seems like a really good production so far. Hopefully the Wii version won't be too gimped for you NAN...
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:09 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Do you use walkthroughs or do you use "The Force" to find all of the easter eggs and hidden objects? I find these games to be a nightmare for completionists/OCD sufferers. :lol:

The Lego games, I probably find about 90% on my own and use walthroughs to find the rest.

WIth games like Metroid or Zelda, I definitely use the walkthroughs. I don't have the time anymore to figure out everything myself with work being so busy, having a wife, and a kid. Back in the day, I'd figure about 90% of those games out myself, but now I say it's 50/50.

But yes, I use walkthroughs because I am OCD when it comes to these things and want 100%.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:11 am

twc,

Sounds like LOTRs is off to a good start. Keep me posted on how it goes. Seems like it will be one of the better ones.

I played Star Wars III last night and finished the all the bounty hunter and space missions. I did one of the Seperatist assault quests (there are 16 along with 16 republic assualt quests) and it took like an hour. And they all seem like they are going to be redundent like the space missions. I'll just suffer though these before I go back and finally collect the minikits on the story boards.

This game is going to take another few weeks.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:10 pm

newarenanow wrote:WIth games like Metroid or Zelda, I definitely use the walkthroughs.

newb.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:18 pm

canaan wrote:
newarenanow wrote:WIth games like Metroid or Zelda, I definitely use the walkthroughs.

newb.

Suck it.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR