The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby JS© on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:16 pm

skullman80 wrote:Yes you did.

I know people will get offended(and I get it), but I guarantee King signed off on it. I mean this is the same guy who gave the ok to use his mothers death in an angle before, and was the king of doing ungodly things in Memphis to gain heat.

oh, no doubt. I'm sure it probably went through The King, Cole, Vinnie Mac, and probably a parade of people in the locker room.

I'm bothered more by the lazy writing than anything. :wink:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:17 pm

It's the only way they can get people to actually boo punk. Fans don't want to.. so they had to resort to that, and he still got somewhat cheered.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Miz face turn is in effect
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:52 pm

Haha Antonio Ceasaro "Yea I don't like it here in the states, I got my coffee I got yelled at. I sat next to some obese people on the plane"
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:11 pm

oh wow, Maddox is wrestling? Can't tell if Ryback is stiff or if Maddox is selling like a pro?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:24 pm

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:36 pm

JS© wrote:oh wow, Maddox is wrestling? Can't tell if Ryback is stiff or if Maddox is selling like a pro?

Maddox was in developmental for quite a while. I think Ryback was a bit stiff, but Maddox sold it like death.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:37 pm

The huge pop for DB and the YES YES YES still cracks me up
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DudeMan2766 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:43 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:The huge pop for DB and the YES YES YES still cracks me up

I love the look on his face when he comes out and yells Nooo! Nooo!
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Spangler on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:45 pm

Other than the ref issue, I don't understand why they are trying to make Maddox look like the bad guy.

To me he's David going up against Goliath while fulfilling a dream. But then they mock him by bring in an ambulance and a stretcher before the match. On top of that, while he's being carried out on a stretcher, Ryback begins attacking a defenseless person.

Seemed like more of a heel move to me.

Keep in mind I haven't watched Raw the last few weeks, so I don't really know what's going on. I also don't like Ryback.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:48 pm

I am still upset over the fact that Maddox used R-Truth's old theme song.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby skullman80 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:50 pm

Spangler wrote:Other than the ref issue, I don't understand why they are trying to make Maddox look like the bad guy.

To me he's David going up against Goliath while fulfilling a dream. But then they mock him by bring in an ambulance and a stretcher before the match. On top of that, while he's being carried out on a stretcher, Ryback begins attacking a defenseless person.

Seemed like more of a heel move to me.

Keep in mind I haven't watched Raw the last few weeks, so I don't really know what's going on. I also don't like Ryback.

Maddox gave Ryback a low blow at HITC and then gave a fast count as the ref causing Ryback to lose to Punk and not win the title.

So in kayfaybe at least, Ryback had every reason to want to destroy him.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:51 pm

CERV96 wrote:I am still upset over the fact that Maddox used R-Truth's old theme song.

It took me a second to get this lol.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:11 am

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:00 pm

I think I might be done with wrestling for a while. Maybe it's the three hour Raws, or maybe it's just that I don't care about any storyline at all right now, but it's really boring me.

I end up fast forwarding through the majority of the show. And can someone please tell me why it's a big deal if AJ got with Cena? She lost her job. Just say you did it and move on. Nothing else can happen. Who cares.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:28 pm

nocera wrote:I think I might be done with wrestling for a while. Maybe it's the three hour Raws, or maybe it's just that I don't care about any storyline at all right now, but it's really boring me.

I end up fast forwarding through the majority of the show. And can someone please tell me why it's a big deal if AJ got with Cena? She lost her job. Just say you did it and move on. Nothing else can happen. Who cares.

I watched very little of it and actually wasn't any worse for doing so. Most of it had to do with the Steelers playing, some of it had to do with the HHOF induction, but last night showed me a lot of how bad the product is right now. That was with even only watching bits and pieces of RAW, maybe 20 minutes tops.

As mentioned upthread, I wasn't offended by the mock heart attack as I was by the lack of effort put into it. The AJ/Cena storyline is terrible. Cena wins LOL. Sheamus wins LOL. The Ryback grunts his way to getting over three words at a time. Punk's rebellious character is all but dead, and I even say that as a fan of his. Orton remains as boring as ever, as does ADR. Ziggler has potential but is being held back for whatever reason. You know it's bad when the best parts of RAW is seeing 3MB.

If the product gets any worse, I'd fully expect them to bring out the Gobbledy Gooker for a special edition RAW around Thanksgiving.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:06 pm

- It is expected that Brad Maddox will be kept off of WWE TV for a while; to sell the beating he took on last night's Raw, at the hands of Ryback.

Maddox is a said to be a "Triple H guy," and is expected to be back on WWE TV in 2013.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/ ... Maddox.htm
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tim Thomasen on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:23 pm

nocera wrote:I think I might be done with wrestling for a while. Maybe it's the three hour Raws, or maybe it's just that I don't care about any storyline at all right now, but it's really boring me.

I hear you. I DVR Raw so I can fast forward through the matches, angles and interviews I find boring (like the love angle with Cena and AJ, there's nothing there) and I find myself fast forwarding through atleast 70 percent of Raw every week because either it's boring or because WWE shoves things down my throat (Cena) I could care less about. I mean Cena is very predictable, Orton is boring, Alberto Del Rio is very boring, Sheamus is only exciting to watch when he's a heel and Dolph's character seeme to be going nowhere.

Honestly it it wasn't for wrestlers like Danielson, Punk, Miz, Kane and even Sandow I would of gave up on WWE a long time ago. Heck there was a period of years that I didn't watch WWE.

To me the last real good year of wrestling where the product was great, the angles were interestring and there were compelling wrestlers in all promotions was back in 2000 when there was competition.

That's just my opinion of course.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby nocera on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:38 pm

Does anyone listen to Colt Cobana's The Art of Wrestling podcast? Any episode suggestions?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:03 pm

I heard it's supposed to be good, but I never listened to it.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Listened to Colt Cobana on WTF. It was seriously fascinating. I downloaded the second episode of Art of Wrestling (CM Punk). I'll report back. I'm sure everyone is waiting on pins and needles.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:10 am

Listened to episode 100 with CM Punk. Punk briefly talked about going to PNC Park.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 pm

Excellent mic exchange between Miz and Ziggler on Main Event. The Miz face turn is in effect http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1126 ... yface-turn

If they keep the Miz with the same arrogance he's gonna be a good face cause he's already got the crowd
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:52 am

Happy 60th, Macho Man
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JS© on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:13 pm

isn't this the weekend that CEC was supposed to host Survivor Series? :pop: