If There Is A Season, How Many Games Will You Attend

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

If THere Is A Season, How Many Games Will You Attend

I will attend as many as I would normally
33%
I will attend only a few select games
No votes
I will attend less by far
14%
I will not attend any
52%

Total votes : 42

If There Is A Season, How Many Games Will You Attend

Postby BigMcK on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:50 pm

I will attend as many as I would normally
I will attend only a few select games
I will attend less by far
I will not attend any
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: If There Is A Season, How Many Games Will You Attend

Postby Guinness on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:53 pm

I won't attend any... but that's because I'm trying to build a house this/next year.

Under normal circumstances, I would say that as a consequence of the lockout, I find myself less interested, and would probably seek to attend a game or two, but wouldn't go out of my way. That is to be differentiated from me actively, anxiously wishing to attend and seeking to find ways to make it happen, financially.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:25 pm

I voted Less. I mean, I don't live in Pittsburgh so I may not see any played there, but I'll likely go see a few Rangers and/or Devils. I prefer watching games at home, however. For various reasons. I am not what you'd call a dedicated game goer.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:32 pm

I'm 67. At this stage in my life, I wouldn't want to deprive myself of any opporunity to travel to Pittsburgh to attend at least 2 games or 3 games in a 4 to 7 day period. Plus it affords me of the opportunity to visit friends there. Unfortunately it is looking less and less like a season will be forthcoming for '12-'13. :(

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby lucky53penguin on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:38 pm

I was going to see the Pens in Dallas, on December 1st, but it looks like this will not be happening. I live in Texas, so I usually watch the Pens on Center Ice or th NBC affiliates. It was going to be my first time to see them live. So, my vote is now 0.
lucky53penguin

Postby CERV96 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:I'm 67. At this stage in my life, I wouldn't want to deprive myself of any opporunity to travel to Pittsburgh to attend at least 2 games or 3 games in a 4 to 7 day period. Plus it affords me of the opportunity to visit friends there. Unfortunately it is looking less and less like a season will be forthcoming for '12-'13. :(

BEPF

Wow! I did not realize that you were 67. That is awesome. I only hope to get to half of that age.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ulf on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:26 pm

I'd love to say I'm gonna stick it to them and not go anymore. But I know I'll be back. Whatever, this sucks.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newerapens on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:00 pm

I don't have season tickets anymore and told everyone before the lockout I don't want tickets so none. I will still watch on tv but not going to buy merchandise or tickets. When the Penguins lose 200k and sellout every game that to me signals major cash problems for the entire league. Salaries have gone over the threshold of what they can afford and its time the players come to realize this.
newerapens
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby ulf on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:31 pm

i'd bet some money they didn't actually lose 200k. accounting is strange.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Bioshock on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:49 pm

I won't be going to any games. If the season is shortened, i will only go to a Stanley Cup Finals game if they get there. Would rather drop 500 on game 7 than just go to a random game in a shortened season.

Next year i will be back to going to about 5 games in the regular season and then one game per round in the playoffs.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Tickets will probably be easier for me to get here in Columbus. Plus, the team needs the support, regardless of whether or not I'm a fan.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Guinness on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:55 pm

CERV96 wrote:
Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:I'm 67. At this stage in my life, I wouldn't want to deprive myself of any opporunity to travel to Pittsburgh to attend at least 2 games or 3 games in a 4 to 7 day period. Plus it affords me of the opportunity to visit friends there. Unfortunately it is looking less and less like a season will be forthcoming for '12-'13. :(

BEPF

Wow! I did not realize that you were 67. That is awesome. I only hope to get to half of that age.

Dude you're "hoping" to make it to 33.5? WTF are you doing with your life?
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:03 pm

Still have my ticket plan, but it has already been discussed that we'll be selling off most games. I will not miss work to go to a game this season, if a season occurs, so that restricts me to saturday/sunday games. I really don't care if there is a season or not at this point and the only reason the tickets haven't been abandoned is the fear that i'll regret losing my seats in a few years(mind you I bet the waiting list is gone by 13-14, if not 12-13).
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sigwolf on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:25 am

I will not go to a game this season, nor will I pay for Center Ice should there be any season (which I have had every year since they started offering Center Ice). I'll miss it a lot, but guess what, I'm missing it right now and they don't care about that. I'm just not going to support the NHL this season. I don't just blame the owners, either, both sides are equally responsible for this travesty. Neither side has the high ground, meanwhile their petty little squabbling is costing a lot of people that do need the money their livelyhoods.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:52 am

Guinness wrote:
CERV96 wrote:

BEPF

Dude you're "hoping" to make it to 33.5? WTF are you doing with your life?

Hahaha was a joke should have added the :pop: there
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Tim Thomasen on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:01 am

If the Lord's willing and the creek don't rise, I will attend as many games as can.

I attend atleast five games as I have a five game mini plan with the club and if I have the momey i'll attend a few more. I'm not like everyone else here when they say they don't miss the NHL because I do. I miss the Saturday night games, I miss the rivalry games and I miss listening to Lange on the radio.

I'm not into college hockey, i'm done following ECHL hockey since Johnstown moved away and although i've had a ten game plan with the Erie Otters for the last three years, it doesn't replace following NHL hockey. Alto figure in the fact the team is horrible on defense, has no consistant scoring outside of Connor McDavid and Connor Brown and is too broke to make a coaching change. So all that and the fact Erie is close to three hours away from home makes it hard to get into OHL hockey the same way i'm into NHL hockey.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby Godric on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:16 am

BEPF

I feel for you BEPF, and I wish you many more opportunites to enjoy

PS:

With the release of that little tidbit of info.... The oldest people on the board are now:

BEPF
geezer
ExpatriatePen
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Godric on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:19 am

Tim Thomasen wrote:If the Lord's willing and the creek don't rise, I will attend as many games as can.

I attend atleast five games as I have a five game mini plan with the club and if I have the momey i'll attend a few more. I'm not like everyone else here when they say they don't miss the NHL because I do. I miss the Saturday night games, I miss the rivalry games and I miss listening to Lange on the radio.

I'm not into college hockey, i'm done following ECHL hockey since Johnstown moved away and although i've had a ten game plan with the Erie Otters for the last three years, it doesn't replace following NHL hockey. Alto figure in the fact the team is horrible on defense, has no consistant scoring outside of Connor McDavid and Connor Brown and is too broke to make a coaching change. So all that and the fact Erie is close to three hours away from home makes it hard to get into OHL hockey the same way i'm into NHL hockey.

Hang in there....

What a somber thread :(
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:05 am

I average .5 games a season, so it depends on when/if the Pens play in Raleigh. Weeknight? Probably not going. Weekend games are usually an automatic for me, but we'll see this year.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Pavel Bure on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:06 am

I can't believe this but I've been largely indifferent this entire lockout. I haven't noticed hockey being gone at all.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pressure=9Pa on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:51 am

I attend one game per year, but unfortunately it is always in October. I doubt I make it this year.
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby offsides on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:25 pm

Godric wrote:

BEPF

I feel for you BEPF, and I wish you many more opportunites to enjoy

PS:

With the release of that little tidbit of info.... The oldest people on the board are now:

BEPF
geezer
ExpatriatePen

I'm 63. Where do I rank?
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:44 pm

Okay, I'm 67. And my legs and back feel it some days. But my brain thinks I'm 35. And (now get ready for this), I'm horny for some Pens hockey. :face: :roll:

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby columbia on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:59 pm

:pop:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby largegarlic on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:41 pm

My mom's company has season tickets, which usually means I can get tickets to 3-4 games/season. I suspect I would do the same, if there is a season. I feel a bit like someone in a relationship with a bad girlfriend/boyfriend--one who treats you badly and frequently dumps you, only to come back into the picture a couple months down the line, expecting you to take them back.

So, even though I'd feel a little disgusted with myself, I'd take the Pens back. That said, I can't really see myself cheering when they come out onto the ice for that first game. That might be my small (and utterly inconsequential) protest--going to the games, but not cheering.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins