Sid's head?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Sid's head?

Postby Mango Salsa on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:07 pm

Any word on Sid's concussions? Would he have been ready for camp/regular season if it had started on schedule? Are the Caps fans calling the lockout an NHL conspiracy to let Sid recover fully?
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,464
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: Inside a Filet-o-Fish sandwich

Re: Sid's head?

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Bored buddy?
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,457
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

Re: Sid's head?

Postby skullman80 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:51 pm

I think he's 100%, no one has said otherwise. He would have been ready to go for camp/season.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,341
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: Sid's head?

Postby CERV96 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:32 pm

Firm believer that the setback last year was the neck meat issue and not a concussion. The Lucic(I believe it was him) hit was really weak. When he returned the 2nd time I thought he was out of shape compaired to the players who were on the ice all season(something that can't be simulated during practice).

Don't get me wrong I believe he did have one or at least a mild one from the Steckle/Hedman hits but if you watch 24/7 Sid complains more about his neck than anything. I am no doctor by any means but somehow this whole situation may have been misdiagnosed(sp).

I also think that the team doctors being released was a direct result of my theory.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,656
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: Sid's head?

Postby no name on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:48 pm

CERV96 wrote:Firm believer that the setback last year was the neck meat issue and not a concussion. The Lucic(I believe it was him) hit was really weak. When he returned the 2nd time I thought he was out of shape compaired to the players who were on the ice all season(something that can't be simulated during practice).

Don't get me wrong I believe he did have one or at least a mild one from the Steckle/Hedman hits but if you watch 24/7 Sid complains more about his neck than anything. I am no doctor by any means but somehow this whole situation may have been misdiagnosed(sp).

I also think that the team doctors being released was a direct result of my theory.



I agree with CERV96 assesment of SIds injury.

And i totally think he was ready for the begining of this season if it started on time.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,054
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: Sid's head?

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:10 pm

Was this thread bumped from a year ago? No? Oh ok.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,244
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Sid's head?

Postby tfrizz on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:12 pm

no name wrote:
CERV96 wrote:Firm believer that the setback last year was the neck meat issue and not a concussion. The Lucic(I believe it was him) hit was really weak. When he returned the 2nd time I thought he was out of shape compaired to the players who were on the ice all season(something that can't be simulated during practice).

Don't get me wrong I believe he did have one or at least a mild one from the Steckle/Hedman hits but if you watch 24/7 Sid complains more about his neck than anything. I am no doctor by any means but somehow this whole situation may have been misdiagnosed(sp).

I also think that the team doctors being released was a direct result of my theory.



I agree with CERV96 assesment of SIds injury.

And i totally think he was ready for the begining of this season if it started on time.


All summer, reporters were saying that both Sid and his PT as saying "he was 110%", having absolutely no symptoms, and was able to train at full capacity. Sounds like the neck injury was the major factor hindering his recovery, and it's possible that the time he took was more than sufficient to recover from the concussion(s).
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,310
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Sid's head?

Postby Gaucho on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Maybe if he takes another year off he'll be at 220%.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,556
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Sid's head?

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:04 pm

tfrizz wrote:
no name wrote:
CERV96 wrote:Firm believer that the setback last year was the neck meat issue and not a concussion. The Lucic(I believe it was him) hit was really weak. When he returned the 2nd time I thought he was out of shape compaired to the players who were on the ice all season(something that can't be simulated during practice).

Don't get me wrong I believe he did have one or at least a mild one from the Steckle/Hedman hits but if you watch 24/7 Sid complains more about his neck than anything. I am no doctor by any means but somehow this whole situation may have been misdiagnosed(sp).

I also think that the team doctors being released was a direct result of my theory.



I agree with CERV96 assesment of SIds injury.

And i totally think he was ready for the begining of this season if it started on time.


All summer, reporters were saying that both Sid and his PT as saying "he was 110%", having absolutely no symptoms, and was able to train at full capacity. Sounds like the neck injury was the major factor hindering his recovery, and it's possible that the time he took was more than sufficient to recover from the concussion(s).


It was the neck. I mean his agent and doctor said so. It was after the fact that everyone back tracked and a new doctor said different. Personally, I don't care about any of that now as long as they found the problem and he is 100% which by all indications he is.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,113
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: Sid's head?

Postby dman66 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:46 am

It's obvious that Sid wasn't healthy to start the year. That's the real reason for the lockout. All this HRR and contract talk is just a cover so he can get healthy :pop:
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,785
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:04 pm
Location: Dahntahn Baltimore, MD

Re: Sid's head?

Postby yubb on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:06 am

I sustained an injury on the ice that I thought might have been a concussion. The effects lingered for two weeks, so I went to a doctor. I got an MRI and everything checked out negative for a concussion. The doctor said he thought it was my neck, not my head. So I can certainly believe the neck theory.
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:28 am

Re: Sid's head?

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:31 am

It was the freaking neck meat.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: Sid's head?

Postby PghSkins on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:52 am

Anyone got a status on Mario's back?
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,620
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:36 pm
Location: Beaver

Re: Sid's head?

Postby beLIEve on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:57 am

PghSkins wrote:Anyone got a status on Mario's back?


Looks a little stiff...

Image
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:28 pm

Re: Sid's head?

Postby Mango Salsa on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:55 pm

Best shape of his life

Spoiler:
Someone had to do it
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,464
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: Inside a Filet-o-Fish sandwich

Re: Sid's head?

Postby sil on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Gaucho wrote:Maybe if he takes another year off he'll be at 220%.


:thumb:
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,931
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Sid's head?

Postby Froggy on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:58 pm

Sarcastic wrote:It was the freaking neck meat.

please, let neck meat die
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,723
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Sid's head?

Postby mac5155 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:48 pm

he was at the beeber concert last night
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,786
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Sid's head?

Postby joopen on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:55 pm

mac5155 wrote:he was at the beeber concert last night


Great, his brain is still scrambled :face: :scared:
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,809
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Sid's head?

Postby DropEmJayBird on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:04 pm

It was a cervical subluxation, which caused pressure on various nerves - giving Sid headaches and vertigo issues.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,689
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:38 pm

Re: Sid's head?

Postby Mango Salsa on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:09 pm

Image
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,464
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:43 pm
Location: Inside a Filet-o-Fish sandwich

Re: Sid's head?

Postby suzinpgh on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:25 am

suzinpgh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:27 pm

Re: Sid's head?

Postby penny lane on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:08 am

:( safe travels Sid. Sid, Gene, and ovechkin could all be playing for the KHL...
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,654
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Sid's head?

Postby littlemoonboot on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:55 am

I don't know what was worse, the year of worrying about Sid's neck meat, or this year. I guess at least we had hockey to watch when we worried about the neck meat.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,445
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: @burgyhockey

Re: Sid's head?

Postby offsides on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Sid sounds about as positive as I am.

"It's definitely been something ... with the way things are looking now, it's not looking too good."
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,485
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Admin, Penspal, Sigwolf, sj?, Staggy, themadstork, thepittman and 44 guests


e-mail