Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby mac5155 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:00 am

Here you go Kenny
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:02 am

thank you

but why are you not out shooting stuff
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby joopen on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:05 am

So how long until we are allowed to call out the HC for not preparing his team properly or instilling ANY semblence of discipline? I know you are playing with QB #3 but you cannot beat yourself and they did for the second straight week. This team is horrendously undisciplined and unfocused.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:06 am

joopen wrote:So how long until we are allowed to call out the HC for not preparing his team properly or instilling ANY semblence of discipline? I know you are playing with QB #3 but you cannot beat yourself and they did for the second straight week. This team is horrendously undisciplined and unfocused.

Not his fault the RBs kept fumbling.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby joopen on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:19 am

Troy Loney wrote:
joopen wrote:So how long until we are allowed to call out the HC for not preparing his team properly or instilling ANY semblence of discipline? I know you are playing with QB #3 but you cannot beat yourself and they did for the second straight week. This team is horrendously undisciplined and unfocused.

True. However you could equate that back to lack of preparation and focus against a lesser opponent AGAIN. What about the myriad of penalties that continues to kill drive after drive? What about not letting a RB settle into a rythm? What about years of letting Mendenhall carry the ball like a FedEx delivery driver? They have lost at least 3 games they had no business losing and played down to the level of KC's ineptitude this year. Thats on a lack of preparation. Thats on the coach
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:27 am

kenny the kangaroo cant quite understand the media guys that are critical of tomlin for yanking these guys after they fumble the ball
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:43 am

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:kenny the kangaroo cant quite understand the media guys that are critical of tomlin for yanking these guys after they fumble the ball

DK's gone rogue, but nobody really cares, so he's just yelling louder and more often to try and get peopel to listen to him nowadays.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:03 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:thank you

but why are you not out shooting stuff

I am. High Tech hunter with some downtime.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:09 pm

Troy Loney wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:kenny the kangaroo cant quite understand the media guys that are critical of tomlin for yanking these guys after they fumble the ball

DK's gone rogue, but nobody really cares, so he's just yelling louder and more often to try and get peopel to listen to him nowadays.

didnt know DK was complaining about it. the fan morning show was yakking about it as was the dve morning show (yeah yeah the dve morning stinks, but thats not the point...)
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:10 pm

I take it the Steelers weren't ready for some football.8 turnovers to the Browns,yuck!
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:12 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

didnt know DK was complaining about it. the fan morning show was yakking about it as was the dve morning show (yeah yeah the dve morning stinks, but thats not the point...)

Check out his twitter feed, he was complaining about as soon as mendenhall didn't come out for the second series.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:17 pm

I completely disagree with how Tomlin is handling the RB situation though. You can't have a three way competition in the middle of the game, all that happens is that these guys end up trying to do too much, thus all the fumbles.

Either way, this team as currently constructed wont hack it, too many brittle, overpaid veterans.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:43 pm

Troy Loney wrote: You can't have a three way competition in the middle of the game, all that happens is that these guys end up trying to do too much, thus all the fumbles.

i disagree. trying to do too much as a running back is usually limited to looping around to the outside to get a big gain instead of settling for a small gain up the middle.

trying to stay on your feet and move ahead for extra yardage isn't doing too much. just protect the ball.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Eh 30 isn't that big of a deal for a qb, and there are always wrs and rbs out there. I'm more worried about our defense going forward.

On the positive, we should get better on our o line for a few years to come.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:55 pm

james harrison is officially back?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Froggy wrote:Eh 30 isn't that big of a deal for a qb, and there are always wrs and rbs out there. I'm more worried about our defense going forward.

definitely. our offense is in great shape for a while, actually.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitt87 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:46 pm

Troy Loney wrote:

So no one is accountable? Stuff happens? Ultimately, it is absolutely his responsibility.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:49 pm

tomlin should have put more stick-um on their gloves? why are the RBs not accountable?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:49 pm

Pitt87 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

So no one is accountable? Stuff happens? Ultimately, it is absolutely his responsibility.

It's 50/50. He needs to teach discipline, and the RBs need to hold onto the ball. They go hand in hand.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Troy Loney wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

Check out his twitter feed, he was complaining about as soon as mendenhall didn't come out for the second series.

I always respected DK but twitter has turned him into some sort of animal. He is always arguing and online screaming, and relates people screwing with him on twitter as a sample of a fan bases thoughts.

The entire hoka hey issue with him became so annoying, he started chats and articles with it.

I basically ignore him now except for some random insight on the Pens which he still has because of access.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:59 pm

I've really grown tired of Dejan ever since he got a twitter account. The use of Sulia on Twitter by the entire Trib staff is also very annoying.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby jprolley on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:12 pm

yeah that sulia crap irritates the hell out of me
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby joopen on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:17 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:tomlin should have put more stick-um on their gloves? why are the RBs not accountable?

They are. The fact that the entire team lacks discipline (with the fumbles being part of it) is why you hold Tomlin accountable. Too many penalties. Too much sloppy ball handling. Sub-par effort from our supposed #1 WR being accepted. Playing down to every opponent who is a lesser team. That all leads back to the coach not having them prepared for what they are to do on Sunday.

Edit: I'll bring this in from the non-Steelers thread...

The Steelers are a mess right now and they may be in trouble for a couple of years. After this year, Wallace and Mendenhall are both likely gone. Ben is over 30 and has nothing behind him to be a band aid. The OL appears to be getting better, but we still haven't seen DeCastro in action and Adams looks to be hurt now. The RB situation looks disasterous. The defense could be without all of the following; Foote, Harrison, Kiesel, Hampton, Lewis. There is no young depth on this team. Hood seems to be out of place playing 2 gaps. Worilds is a huge question. There is nothing at ILB. No young safety help for when Polamalu gets hurt again and Clark gives himself another concussion. Woodley shows up out of shape and ends up with chronic hamstring problems because of it and can't stay on the field. They are in need of a huge infusion of young talent. The bigger thing they need is discipline. Tomlin allows them to continually be unprepared for teams that are worse than they are and the penalties are out of control. I think that about sums up what I see right now.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JS© on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:23 pm

jprolley wrote:yeah that sulia crap irritates the hell out of me

I'm sure there's more to it, but isn't Sulia basically the same thing as twitlonger except that it's used by media and centralized in one location?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tim Thomasen on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:40 pm

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

I always respected DK but twitter has turned him into some sort of animal. He is always arguing and online screaming, and relates people screwing with him on twitter as a sample of a fan bases thoughts.

The entire hoka hey issue with him became so annoying, he started chats and articles with it.

I basically ignore him now except for some random insight on the Pens which he still has because of access.

Agreed. I used to like DK when he was a beat writer for the Pens then the Pirates, but ever since the Trib hired him as a columnist he has become annoying and obsessive, espically on Twitter. All he ever Talks about is Pirates Pirates and more Pirates and their management team to the point that its becoming obsessive. Guess he forgets there's two other pro teams in this town to talk about.

Then his behavior on twitter is beyond unprofessional and embarassing for a columnist for a major paper in a major city. He gets angry at people that question him and his work and he blocks people that continue this, even if there not doing it in a way that's considered trolling. I mean I asked him a question about the column he wrote about the Kyle Stark hoka hey e-mail. He responds to me by saying "Why do you read the column before you go asking questions?". I replied by saying I did and it still didn't answer my question and soon after that I was blocked by him. Such a unprofessional move. Him and Madden have to have some of the worst twitter personalities out of everyone in the Pittsburgh sports media. I like that I can talk to people like Rohrabaugh, Molinari and Mueller about sports and they respond in a way that's courteous and professional.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

PreviousNext

Return to NHR