Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:04 pm

Shelly just tweeted:

#Penguin Malkin had a major meltdown in OT of Magnitogorsk's 4-3 loss to Vityaz in KHL. Kneeing minor + 10 min for abuse of official/unsportsmanlike.


Anyone have video of what set off Evgeni Malkin in KHL game today?
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,716
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby mac5155 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:33 pm

I wonder if he went off on Danii Markov.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,770
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby mac5155 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Also, the Kneeing incident (according to the box score) happened at a different time as the misconduct. I couldn't find any video. Pretty sure that Metallurg and Vityaz hate each other though.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,770
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby DrBoni on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Malkin was arguing the kneeing penalty. He dwelled on it for a little longer than the official liked so he was given a misconduct.

Not much news here other than that, apparently.
DrBoni
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,458
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:50 am

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby tfrizz on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:09 pm

Pittsburgh Penguins star, Evgeny Malkin, says he enjoys his stay with Russian side Metallurg Magnitogorsk while the NHL is stalled by the lockout.

When asked whether he misses the NHL by the Sovetsky Sport journalists, Malkin’s answer was “no”.


http://rt.com/sport/hockey/malkin-locko ... llurg-787/
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,281
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby Fire0nice228 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:22 pm

I dont understand how he doesnt miss the NHL as far as the hockey goes..I mean, most of the Pens travel is an hour or two by plane throughout the Atlantic and in the KHL its much farther for most games.. I'm sure its nice for him to be home though..
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,702
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: refs fault

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:24 pm

He probably doesn't miss the NHL like most of the posters here don't miss it. They aren't playing. Why should he care?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,377
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby Gaucho on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:28 pm

Russian sports journalist asks Russian star whether he misses the NHL, star replies "no" - North American fans are miffed.
Russian sports journalist asks Russian star whether he misses the NHL, star replies "yes" - Russian fans are miffed.

lose/lose
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,498
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby Tico Rick on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:39 pm

Lockout socialism
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,312
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:11 pm

Tico Rick wrote:Lockout socialism

Pure lockout terrorism.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,156
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby Pitts on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:58 am

Fire0nice228 wrote:I dont understand how he doesnt miss the NHL as far as the hockey goes..I mean, most of the Pens travel is an hour or two by plane throughout the Atlantic and in the KHL its much farther for most games.. I'm sure its nice for him to be home though..

Because most people like to be "home." It's comfortable. He is also very highly regarded there -- just like in the NHL. The only reason he came to America is because that is where all the best players make their claims and gain notoriety. Make no mistake, he's only in the NHL to get famous because he has the talent and the drive. But, if thew NHL closed down today, there is no reason he shouldn't be happy where he's at.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,679
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby shmenguin on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:04 am

Pitts wrote:Make no mistake, he's only in the NHL to get famous because he has the talent and the drive.


yeah, i don't think that's true at all.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,769
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby Jesse on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:25 am

He yelled at the official for about 30 seconds after the game and that was about it.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,643
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:07 am
Location: The Land of Condescending Posters

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby Gaucho on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:34 am

K! Da! $!
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,498
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby Pitts on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:49 am

shmenguin wrote:
Pitts wrote:Make no mistake, he's only in the NHL to get famous because he has the talent and the drive.


yeah, i don't think that's true at all.

Then, what is he coming all the way over here for? The doughnuts?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,679
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby shmenguin on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:20 pm

Pitts wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
Pitts wrote:Make no mistake, he's only in the NHL to get famous because he has the talent and the drive.


yeah, i don't think that's true at all.

Then, what is he coming all the way over here for? The doughnuts?


off the ice, the north american lifestyle is extremely appealling, globally.

and the NHL lifestyle is more than a tad cushier then the KHL. that's a big deal to these guys. and i imagine he'd make more money over the course of his career in the NHL as opposed to the KHL.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,769
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby Gaucho on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:31 pm

So it is the doughnuts?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,498
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby shmenguin on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:35 pm

Gaucho wrote:So it is the doughnuts?


in soviet russia, doughnuts dunk YOU

so, yes. much better over here
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,769
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby Gaucho on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:38 pm

I'd say pro athletes generally play wherever they can earn the most money. If Saudi-Arabia somehow had the highest paying hockey league on the planet most players would go there no questions asked. Highest by some margin, of course.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,498
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby shmenguin on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:41 pm

Gaucho wrote:I'd say pro athletes generally play wherever they can earn the most money. If Saudi-Arabia somehow had the highest paying hockey league on the planet most players would go there no questions asked. Highest by some margin, of course.


with hockey players, their home lives are very important to them. my wife teaches in a school where a dozen or so flyers have had their kids enrolled since she's been there. from what i've seen, it really does matter where they live...or more importantly, it matters to their wives where they live.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,769
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby Gaucho on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:45 pm

That sort of contradicts your argument concerning Geno. As fas I can tell, he very much enjoys being at home.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,498
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby shmenguin on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:48 pm

Gaucho wrote:That sort of contradicts your argument concerning Geno. As fas I can tell, he very much enjoys being at home.


i don't think it contradicts anything. i guess it's just more of a separate point. the overhanging umbrella is that north america is a very attractive place to live.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,769
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby Gaucho on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:50 pm

Sure, but it's not like it's the only one. European players don't go overseas because of Disneyland.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,498
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:53 pm

When you have enough money, you can make many locales a "nice place to live"
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 56,972
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Geno - major meltdown according to S. Anderson

Postby shoeshine boy on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:53 pm

all of the players have been instructed by the union to act like they could care less whether the NHL comes back or not.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,398
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:44 am
Location: me, 3 years Super League

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: André, murphydump55, Pitts and 16 guests


e-mail