Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby the wicked child on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:01 am

One of the more annoying mithril bricks that seems like it should have been easy is the first one in the Taming Gollum mission. There are 4 lego (tetris) bricks that you need to asemble a certain way using a wizard's powers. There is a diagram on the wall, and it does not appear to be too complicated. However, actually getting it to register that the shape was correct to unlock the brick was a huge PITA. I had to basically jiggle the blocks around until magically, something caused the event to fire and I got the brick. I was starting to think it was glitched and I wouldn't be able to get 100%.

It's worth noting that this is the only spot in the game (so far anyway) where you HAVE to assemble that shape exactly to get the brick. Usually you just need to put them together enough so that you can leap to the next ledge or to the brick... and with an Elf (or the mithril spring shoes), this is usually doable.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:35 am

Rylan wrote:
Spoiler:

This must be how you feel canaan.

CB is one of my favorite game series. id kill (NAN) for a new one.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:36 am

CB is definitely the best. That might become my next game to absolutely beat.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:14 am

i miss this game

Spoiler:
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby thepittman on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:48 am

LeopardLetang wrote:just bought halo 4. i haven't played a video game for a year and a half except a couple weeks of tiger's masters game. highly rated PES games didn't entice me and if halo 4 and GTA V can't get me back in then, well

Wrong game to entice you, you need to play Borderlands 2
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby demondg1 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:49 pm

thepittman wrote:
LeopardLetang wrote:just bought halo 4. i haven't played a video game for a year and a half except a couple weeks of tiger's masters game. highly rated PES games didn't entice me and if halo 4 and GTA V can't get me back in then, well

Agreed. Halo has the hype and marketing blitz behind it, but Borderland 2 is definitely where it's at.

When you're playing Halo 4 multiplayer, say hi to this kid for me.
Spoiler:
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Spangler on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:56 pm

Skyrim arrived a day early! I have to wait until after work to play it though.

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely not level my character to the max from the start.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Froggy on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:06 pm

I really miss skyrim. Too bad my PC can't run it. Not getting it again on Ps3 though.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:15 pm

the wicked child wrote:One of the more annoying mithril bricks that seems like it should have been easy is the first one in the Taming Gollum mission. There are 4 lego (tetris) bricks that you need to asemble a certain way using a wizard's powers. There is a diagram on the wall, and it does not appear to be too complicated. However, actually getting it to register that the shape was correct to unlock the brick was a huge PITA. I had to basically jiggle the blocks around until magically, something caused the event to fire and I got the brick. I was starting to think it was glitched and I wouldn't be able to get 100%.

It's worth noting that this is the only spot in the game (so far anyway) where you HAVE to assemble that shape exactly to get the brick. Usually you just need to put them together enough so that you can leap to the next ledge or to the brick... and with an Elf (or the mithril spring shoes), this is usually doable.

There was something like that on Harry Potter Yrs 5-7. Those bricks are a pain to assemble perfectly.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Finished all of the Republic/seperatist invastion tasks on Lego Star Wars III. Now just going through each story mission on free play to get all the mini kits. I'm glad those invastion tasks are over.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby offsides on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:14 pm

Spangler wrote:Skyrim arrived a day early! I have to wait until after work to play it though.

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely not level my character to the max from the start.

As my character advanced, I had to turn up the hardness of the game to keep it interesting.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Froggy on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:18 pm

i liked the bow and arrow the best in skyrim. there is something very satisfying in sneaking around, picking your spot, and one hit killing most regular enemies.

actually the only weapons i didn't really have fun with were the large two-handed weapons. sword and shield is fun, and dual wielding is also fun.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:33 pm

I just want an HD update of Morrowind. That game was amazing and I logged way too many hours into it. Absolutely the best free-roam armour and swords game I have ever played.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:00 pm

Up to 97.7% on Lego LOTR. All missions complete... only 13 mithril bricks left and then I can forge the final item and I'll be done. Unfortunately, these are mostly the bricks I couldn't be arsed to go after earlier because they were either tricky or annoying.

Finally got the final brick in Lothlorien... the camera angle actually makes it a lot harder to get than it should be... it looks like you need to change your trajectory to reach the rope from the last pole, but you don't need to. And once you're on the rope, just keep holding left and you'll swing into the brick... do NOT try to jump for it.

Something odd happened when I was trying to finish off the minikit for the Osgilliath mission. I still had one piece to go when I accidentally finished the first part of the stage. I tried to exit so I could restart and try again, but the game froze. After restarting, to my surprise, when I went back to the stage, I started at the second half. Naturally I was annoyed since the last piece was in the first half. So I once again quit... but it somehow gave me credit for finding all 10 pieces. No idea how it happened... I could have sworn I only had 9 pieces. Oh well.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:05 pm

Rylan wrote:I just want an HD update of Morrowind. That game was amazing and I logged way too many hours into it. Absolutely the best free-roam armour and swords game I have ever played.

Jumping over towns was my favorite thing to do
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby LeopardLetang on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:07 pm

thepittman wrote:

understandable. doesn't borderlands have a leveling system? that's the kind of game i used to love but don't trust that i have the energy/time to put into anymore. halo is something that should have no real learning curve for me and i'm most likely to be able to simply play and finish it. but off to a bad start. bought it yesterday and didn't open it yet.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:02 am

Down to the last 4 bricks... the 4 most annoying ones. Not looking forward to those.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:57 am

There's a guy working on a Windows DirectX emulator for Android. Basically, the software would covert old Win 95/98 games and emulate them on Android devices. Pretty cool, if he can get it to work for a wide spectrum of games.

http://www.androidauthority.com/winulat ... or-135151/

Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:18 pm

I tried the Lego LOTR demo today. I dunno. Kinda OK. Hehe. Best I can do. I wouldn't mind playing it, I guess.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:19 pm

LeopardLetang wrote:i haven't played a video game for a year and a half

What on earth do you do all day? List some of your "better" hobbies.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby malkinshair on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:29 pm

Was off sick the last 2 days (nasty cold :thumbdown: )...so I got to finish Uncharted 3. Such an awesome game/franchise. There were several moments over the last few chapters that I just paused for a second to take it all in. Just a great experience (even though the ending was a little meh).

Fired up Far Cry 2 some more. It's getting a lot better now that I know how to navigate the world a bit. I'm not really a FPS guy, but I do like this game a ton...I just wish I knew who was shooting at me. It took me 8 minutes to locate the sniper that kept ticking me and kill him. Kinda annoying. I can't wait for FC3, though...I'm trying to convince my wife that it would look very nice under the tree.
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Shyster on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:05 pm

Rylan wrote:I just want an HD update of Morrowind. That game was amazing and I logged way too many hours into it. Absolutely the best free-roam armour and swords game I have ever played.

I played through that game at least three times with three different characters. It was a great game. I actually got a little misty eyed while playing Skyrim when I learned that in the intervening years between the games, the Red Mountain erupted and devastated most of Vvardenfell. Places like Vivec, Ald’ruhn, and Sadrith Mora are just gone. :cry:
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:21 pm

Rylan, have you tried an HD texture mod? I know I saw one somewhere a while ago. Just google 'morrowind hd'. See what you think.

Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:31 pm

100% on Lego LOTR... I had to go back to Osgilliath and get both the brick I got last time and the one I didn't for it to reach 100%. The last 3 bricks were annoying as hell to get... just tedious jumping where if you screw up a bit you have to redo the whole damn thing.

At any rate, I had a blast. This is definitely one of the better Lego games.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Sarcastic wrote:I tried the Lego LOTR demo today. I dunno. Kinda OK. Hehe. Best I can do. I wouldn't mind playing it, I guess.

Have you played any of the other Lego games? Just curious.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR