Powerball

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Powerball

Postby stopper40 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:01 pm

mac5155 wrote:Winner in Arizona.. where's bhaw?

I have a close friend living in Phoenix so I'm still hoping

Edit: He didn't win. Said the ticket was sold in an area similar to Fox Chapel here
Last edited by stopper40 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Ad@m on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:08 am

3 - 1 Million Dollar winners in Pa

Blair, Butler and Montgomery County
Ad@m
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:18 am

22 Columbus PD officers/workers split a $1 million prize.

That must suck to win like that but have to split, because you're only splitting a mil as opposed to $550 (or whatever the cash option was)
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby OutofFoil on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:23 am

MRandall25 wrote:22 Columbus PD officers/workers split a $1 million prize.

That must suck to win like that but have to split, because you're only splitting a mil as opposed to $550 (or whatever the cash option was)

I wouldn't mind that problem, better than donating $10 like I did.
OutofFoil
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Depends. I might be here, but I could be there. Hard to tell sometimes.

Postby Pavel Bure on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:57 am

MRandall25 wrote:22 Columbus PD officers/workers split a $1 million prize.

Eh after taxes each would get around 27k so not too bad.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:42 am

that must suck to win 27000 dollars. id be so pissed.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:40 am

Yea, if I had won 27,000 dollars I would probably need restrained from killing because of my anger.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:17 am

Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mac5155 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:18 am

haha i still forgot to check my ticket.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JS© on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:46 pm

Is anybody else of seeing this in their timeline?

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:54 pm

good God yes
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby CERV96 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:38 pm

annoying and do not care
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Pavel Bure on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:07 pm

It's fake.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:12 pm

Has anyone else seen that video from the convienance store in Maryland ?

This big Black guy wearing some kind of bright yellow construction gear comes into the store and has his ticket validated. He is visably overwhelmed when he's told that he has the correct numbers, and then leaves the store.

Hoax?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby blackjack68 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:27 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:Has anyone else seen that video from the convienance store in Maryland ?

This big Black guy wearing some kind of bright yellow construction gear comes into the store and has his ticket validated. He is visably overwhelmed when he's told that he has the correct numbers, and then leaves the store.

Hoax?

Considering we know the other primary winner was from AZ, I'd say hoax. But, he may have hit for the $1,000,000 or just another fake ticket scam.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Jopaz on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:04 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:Has anyone else seen that video from the convienance store in Maryland ?

Hoax?

Does anyone else think this is an inappropriate use of security cameras, especially releasing it to the media? There was no crime committed. Maybe this person wants to make proper arrangements, hire lawyers, etc. before claiming the prize. I would be ticked off if someone was broadcasting my picture on TV.
I get it that customers give up some privacy in a public place with security cameras, but this attempt to "chase down" the winner does not seem right.
Jopaz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:10 pm

Jopaz wrote:

Hoax?

Does anyone else think this is an inappropriate use of security cameras, especially releasing it to the media? There was no crime committed. Maybe this person wants to make proper arrangements, hire lawyers, etc. before claiming the prize. I would be ticked off if someone was broadcasting my picture on TV.
I get it that customers give up some privacy in a public place with security cameras, but this attempt to "chase down" the winner does not seem right.

Agreed. I was thinking that as the TV news program I was watching aired the footage.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby JS© on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:22 am

blackjack68 wrote:

Hoax?

Considering we know the other primary winner was from AZ, I'd say hoax. But, he may have hit for the $1,000,000 or just another fake ticket scam.

I thought all of the million dollar winners were located and none were in MD.
(edit: nevermind. Forgot there was a drawing tonight. Shows you how much I play powerball)

Hope that dude enjoys his $100.....or $4
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:53 am

DudeMan2766 wrote:good God yes

For each time somebody on my timeline posts the pic of that Max Talbot look-a-like and his bad photoshop, I'm gonna continue to post a link to an article saying the ticket is fake
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:51 am

JS© wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:

Hoax?

I thought all of the million dollar winners were located and none were in MD.
(edit: nevermind. Forgot there was a drawing tonight. Shows you how much I play powerball)

Hope that dude enjoys his $100.....or $4

I buy lottery tickets when I'm out of state. Dude could have been visiting relatives. The weird thing with Powerball is hat you have to cash he ticket in where you bought it (same state)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:26 am

Boom! I finally won the jackpot!

Spoiler:

Prior to this I had been pretty steadily around $0.18/$1 spent, which had me at over -$100M in the hole.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:28 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Jopaz wrote:

Hoax?

Agreed. I was thinking that as the TV news program I was watching aired the footage.

legally they could not air it without his permission so i assume they vetted it through with the winner before airing. atleast i hope.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:15 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
Jopaz wrote:

Hoax?

legally they could not air it without his permission so i assume they vetted it through with the winner before airing. atleast i hope.

The attorneys on here can correct me, but I don't believe thats true.

In addition, even if it is true, it would only be true if the individual were recognizable, and in this case he wasn't. You never got a full look at his face.

(remember Tim Taylors TV show? The neighbor "Wilson" was not required to be paid at the same SAG rate as the other 'stars' because he was never shown in "full face")

Tifosi should be able to shed some light on this, if I'm not mistaken he's got a distant connection to the SAG.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby viva la ben on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:19 pm

Kraftster wrote:Boom! I finally won the jackpot!

Spoiler:

Prior to this I had been pretty steadily around $0.18/$1 spent, which had me at over -$100M in the hole.

I wonder what inflation will do to the value of the USD in 750 thousand years.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Kraftster on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:22 pm

That and the fact that this assumes that when you finally win, you win 1) one of the highest jackpots, and 2) that it is not split with anyone.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR