2012 LGP College Football Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Rocco on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:55 pm

Don't worry Pitt, next year you'll get El Paso instead of Birmingham again.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,281
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:22 pm

http://www.stubhub.com/pinstripe-bowl-t ... 2-4132979/

Wow. Not sure what to make of this.

Not a ton of tickets avaiable, if I'm reading this right.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:26 pm

I think that has more to do with the novelty of a bowl game in Yankee Stadium than anything else
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 57,863
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby ulf on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:45 pm

ulf wrote:
PghSkins wrote:Hey Kent and No Ill, nice job keeping the MAC from getting BCS recognition and like $9 million.

Well NIU has a shot, I think. I'm an Akron grad so I had a tough time rooting for our rival Kent to win, but we would have gotten almost a mil out of it...NIU was 21, they'll pass Kent, UCLA by virtue of winning and those two losing. Boise was one spot ahead and I don't see them staying ahead after a win over the #17 team, while Boise plays Nevada. I think it comes down to needing K-State to beat Texas.

All the cards fell right. Good for the MAC. I'm looking forward to seeing how good Jordan Lynch is against a FSU defense.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,176
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:15 pm

I am seriously heartbroken we were that close to an unexpected backyard brawl and didnt get it. Not even the money I already saved now that I dont have to go to NY makes me feel better. Was really looking foward to it. :thumbdown:
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,164
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby pittsports87 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:07 am

A Backyard brawl would have probably ended up being the best non-BCS game. Either way it was going to sell out but the BYB would have brought a lot better ratings.
Ole Miss-Pitt in the Compass bowl and Syracuse-WVU in the Pinstripe bowl are snoozefests, no interest at all.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,481
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: College

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Rocco on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:38 pm

http://sulia.com/channel/college-footba ... ce=twitter

Oops. Does this mean I won't get the announcement Dude and NAN promised me? It's funny, I heard from WVU that the ACC never turned down WVU last year. Is that not the case and are they admitting that the ACC told them no?
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,281
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby newarenanow on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:47 pm

Rocco wrote:http://sulia.com/channel/college-football/f/545c31f8-b6b3-4cd7-b2d6-1f5f467c2c94/?source=twitter

Oops. Does this mean I won't get the announcement Dude and NAN promised me? It's funny, I heard from WVU that the ACC never turned down WVU last year. Is that not the case and are they admitting that the ACC told them no?


I did not make such promises. I only forward what the Dude has stated.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,624
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Rocco on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:52 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Rocco wrote:http://sulia.com/channel/college-football/f/545c31f8-b6b3-4cd7-b2d6-1f5f467c2c94/?source=twitter

Oops. Does this mean I won't get the announcement Dude and NAN promised me? It's funny, I heard from WVU that the ACC never turned down WVU last year. Is that not the case and are they admitting that the ACC told them no?


I did not make such promises. I only forward what the Dude has stated.


Dude's been spot on with his predictions. How many more wrong ones does he get before you stop parroting him?
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,281
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Rocco wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Rocco wrote:http://sulia.com/channel/college-football/f/545c31f8-b6b3-4cd7-b2d6-1f5f467c2c94/?source=twitter

Oops. Does this mean I won't get the announcement Dude and NAN promised me? It's funny, I heard from WVU that the ACC never turned down WVU last year. Is that not the case and are they admitting that the ACC told them no?


I did not make such promises. I only forward what the Dude has stated.


Dude's been spot on with his predictions. How many more wrong ones does he get before you stop parroting him?


Like the Maryland to B1G ??? Is that what you mean?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:58 pm

Not this again.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,915
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby newarenanow on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Rocco wrote:Dude's been spot on with his predictions. How many more wrong ones does he get before you stop parroting him?


11.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,624
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby newarenanow on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:59 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:Like the Maryland to B1G ??? Is that what you mean?


He missed that one.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,624
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby newarenanow on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:59 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Not this again.


The circle will be complete when slappy comes in an laughs at us.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,624
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Rocco on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:03 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Rocco wrote:Dude's been spot on with his predictions. How many more wrong ones does he get before you stop parroting him?


11.



Well, let's see. He predicted FSU and Clemson leaving all last summer (wrong). He predicted UConn to the ACC after UL went to the Big 12 (wrong). He predicted UVA and GT were gone today (wrong). His spotless sources said nothing about the Champions Bowl. He was sure ND would work with Texas (wrong). He knew nothing about ND's arrangement with the ACC. He said nothing about MD. Other than that, he's been accurate.

Do you count each time he's predicted FSU/Clemson leaving as one? Because I'm pretty sure that would put the number up over 11 if you counted all the times he said their various BOTs were voting to leave the ACC.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,281
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby newarenanow on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:05 pm

Rocco wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Rocco wrote:Dude's been spot on with his predictions. How many more wrong ones does he get before you stop parroting him?


11.



Well, let's see. He predicted FSU and Clemson leaving all last summer (wrong). He predicted UConn to the ACC after UL went to the Big 12 (wrong). He predicted UVA and GT were gone today (wrong). His spotless sources said nothing about the Champions Bowl. He was sure ND would work with Texas (wrong). He knew nothing about ND's arrangement with the ACC. He said nothing about MD. Other than that, he's been accurate.

Do you count each time he's predicted FSU/Clemson leaving as one? Because I'm pretty sure that would put the number up over 11 if you counted all the times he said their various BOTs were voting to leave the ACC.


You asked how many more, as in addition to what he already had wrong. Not including.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,624
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:07 pm

Is the Dude's goal to spread anti ACC propaganda?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,922
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby newarenanow on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:10 pm

Troy Loney wrote:Is the Dude's goal to spread anti ACC propaganda?


Yes.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,624
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby columbia on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:12 pm

I enjoy the water cooler speculation.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,323
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Rocco on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:12 pm

Troy Loney wrote:Is the Dude's goal to spread anti ACC propaganda?


He likes to draw attention to himself and is upset WVU was only wanted by a conference no one else wants to join if they have options. I can only hope he says there are high-fives being exchanged in the Big 12's teleconference room.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,281
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby slappybrown on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:16 pm

Troy Loney wrote:Is the Dude's goal to spread anti ACC propaganda?

"The Dude" is one of many WVU fans and alleged "Insiders" that frequent the WVU Scout message board. The primary purpose of the subforum dealing with conference alignment is to post rumors surrounding the imminent demise of the ACC, resulting from the ACC having snubbed WVU back when Pitt/Cuse announced their moves. The ACC is viewed as a bunch of snotty elitists who care more about academics than actual football results. The added bonus of the ACC falling apart is that Pitt would potentially be begging to join the B12 in the event it were to happen, which many WVU fans there would find delicious.*

*EPP DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE IS NOT AN INSULT TO WVU AND/OR WVU'S FANS AT LARGE. IT SPECIFICALLY DESCRIBES ONLY THOSE FANS ON THE WVU SCOUT RELIGNMENT BOARD, AND IN PARTICULAR THOSE FANS THAT CLAIM "INSIDER" STATUS. THE ABOVE IS NOT DIRECTED TO "ALL" WVU FANS (NOTE THERE IS NO REFERENCE TO "ALL" WVU FANS).

PLEASE CONSUME THE ABOVE POST CAREFULLY. IF CONSUMED IMPROPERLY, SIDE EFFECTS MAY INCLUDE PAGES AND PAGES OF PEOPLE WONDERING WHY YOU DO WHAT IT IS THAT YOU DO AND THE POSTING OF APPLICABLE GIFS MOCKING SAME.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,746
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:44 pm

But enjoy posting and viewing those mocking gifs.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,674
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:45 pm

I think Eklund has a better success rate than the Dude.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,674
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby slappybrown on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:51 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I think Eklund has a better success rate than the Dude.
:thumb:
Even leaving aside the random rumor churning, when things did happen, he had nothing on it before it was announced. You had to turn to actual reporters with sources for that.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,746
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:59 pm

Based on NAN's screen name and his off infatuation with the potential of Pitt being left on the outside of NCAA conference realignment. He needs some sort of potential future pittsburgh sports related disaster to occupy his mind. Just an observation.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,922
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JS©, skullman80 and 6 guests


e-mail