Lockout

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Lockout

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:52 pm

Did some random person tweet something about the lockout being over? I am seeing a ton of retweets from obviously misinformed fans rejoicing the perceived end of the lockout.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,847
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Lockout

Postby llipgh2 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:56 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Did some random person tweet something about the lockout being over? I am seeing a ton of retweets from obviously misinformed fans rejoicing the perceived end of the lockout.


Some guy from a Boston TV station reported his "sources" told him there was a secret meeting Monday. An announcement to end the lockout should come today or tomorrow. Almost everyone else has dismissed this, although he apparently has some credibility with 2 previous scoops.

Now, this was yesterday/early this AM. I haven't heard anything more recent about the lockout being over.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,045
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Lockout

Postby shmenguin on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:56 pm

Gaucho wrote:I don't know why hockey players cannot be intelligent, well educated people.


they can be. generally speaking, they haven't shown this over the last few months, so the burden of proof is on them.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,658
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:34 pm

Re: Lockout

Postby Godric on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:58 pm

it'd be funny if Crosby channeled George Mitchell and ended the lockout and owners and players gave him all the credit
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: Lockout

Postby tfrizz on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:11 pm

llipgh2 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Did some random person tweet something about the lockout being over? I am seeing a ton of retweets from obviously misinformed fans rejoicing the perceived end of the lockout.


Some guy from a Boston TV station reported his "sources" told him there was a secret meeting Monday. An announcement to end the lockout should come today or tomorrow. Almost everyone else has dismissed this, although he apparently has some credibility with 2 previous scoops.

Now, this was yesterday/early this AM. I haven't heard anything more recent about the lockout being over.


His two previous scoops were both regarding Bruins' players which means he may have an in with the Bruins and/or Jeremy Jacobs.

I'd still take it with a grain of salt, but it's pretty hard to dismiss it completely.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,649
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Lockout

Postby llipgh2 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:17 pm

tfrizz wrote:His two previous scoops were both regarding Bruins' players which means he may have an in with the Bruins and/or Jeremy Jacobs.

I'd still take it with a grain of salt, but it's pretty hard to dismiss it completely.


Jacobs probably had him plant the story to try to derail today's talks... :lol:
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,045
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Lockout

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:25 pm

shmenguin wrote:
Gaucho wrote:I don't know why hockey players cannot be intelligent, well educated people.


they can be. generally speaking, they haven't shown this over the last few months, so the burden of proof is on them.


So a vocal minority suddenly represents the players as a whole?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,546
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Lockout

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:29 pm

The Tweet sounded like because the two sides were in a room together, the lockout COULD be over tomorrow. In theory. Just like theoretically I could become president. Someday.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,350
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: Lockout

Postby Godric on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:32 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
Gaucho wrote:I don't know why hockey players cannot be intelligent, well educated people.


they can be. generally speaking, they haven't shown this over the last few months, so the burden of proof is on them.


So a vocal minority suddenly represents the players as a whole?


Thats not what he is saying at all. He was speaking to what was SEEN in the last few months... not everything
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: Lockout

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:53 pm

Godric wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
Gaucho wrote:I don't know why hockey players cannot be intelligent, well educated people.


they can be. generally speaking, they haven't shown this over the last few months, so the burden of proof is on them.


So a vocal minority suddenly represents the players as a whole?


Thats not what he is saying at all. He was speaking to what was SEEN in the last few months... not everything


Right. He's taking what he's seen and applying it to the silent majority. I don't know why that was hard to understand from my post.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,546
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Lockout

Postby pens_srq on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:58 pm

Here's the only thing that I believe is positive about the meeting: I do not believe that the Pens organization would not have Burkle at the meeting if they felt it could damage their relationship with Sid.
pens_srq
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,521
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 10:33 am
Location: my garage, running a hockey league

Re: Lockout

Postby Bioshock on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Another great article from Mike Colligan. Highly recommend reading it.

http://thehockeywriters.com/ending-lock ... -playbook/
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,895
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:55 pm
Location: Mt. Lebanon

Re: Lockout

Postby RisslingsMissingTeeth on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Bioshock wrote:Another great article from Mike Colligan. Highly recommend reading it.

http://thehockeywriters.com/ending-lock ... -playbook/


I feel like I got plagarized in this article. He stole my thoughts from the previous page about the players needing the perception that they didn't get crushed for a second time. yeah, I know, real original.
RisslingsMissingTeeth
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Lockout

Postby opie22002 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:41 pm

There seems to be a whole lot of optimism in these articles, tweets, and reactions today. I hope it is merited!
opie22002
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,245
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:48 pm

Re: Lockout

Postby mnpensfan on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Unless someone reports that high fives are being exchanged then I'm not buying anything :)
mnpensfan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:48 am
Location: Cottage Grove, MN

Re: Lockout

Postby penny lane on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:01 pm

mnpensfan wrote:Unless someone reports that high fives are being exchanged then I'm not buying anything :)

:thumb:

:D or zamboni fumes released.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 29,099
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Lockout

Postby Godric on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:06 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
Godric wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
Gaucho wrote:I don't know why hockey players cannot be intelligent, well educated people.


they can be. generally speaking, they haven't shown this over the last few months, so the burden of proof is on them.


So a vocal minority suddenly represents the players as a whole?


Thats not what he is saying at all. He was speaking to what was SEEN in the last few months... not everything


Right. He's taking what he's seen and applying it to the silent majority. I don't know why that was hard to understand from my post.


You've been pretty dense recently.

Are you talking about Gaucho or Shmenguin? You're answer might actually indicate that I'm the one being dense...
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: Lockout

Postby Godric on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:06 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
Godric wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
Gaucho wrote:I don't know why hockey players cannot be intelligent, well educated people.


they can be. generally speaking, they haven't shown this over the last few months, so the burden of proof is on them.


So a vocal minority suddenly represents the players as a whole?


Thats not what he is saying at all. He was speaking to what was SEEN in the last few months... not everything


Right. He's taking what he's seen and applying it to the silent majority. I don't know why that was hard to understand from my post.


You've been pretty dense recently.

Are you talking about Gaucho or Shmenguin? You're answer might actually indicate that I'm the one being dense...
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: Lockout

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:09 pm

I don't know why you're trying to make a thing out of this. I disagree with shmenguin that the vocal minority being idiots and what not is indicative of all the players.

I don't know how you didn't get that, and I really don't know why you're arguing or what you're even trying to argue.

And I'm just going to ignore the "dense" comment. :face:
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,546
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Lockout

Postby Godric on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:15 pm

MRandall25 wrote:I don't know why you're trying to make a thing out of this. I disagree with shmenguin that the vocal minority being idiots and what not is indicative of all the players.

I don't know how you didn't get that, and I really don't know why you're arguing or what you're even trying to argue.

And I'm just going to ignore the "dense" comment. :face:


Hm. I just reread shmen's post. I was the one that misread it :pop:

Whoops.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: Lockout

Postby eww7633 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:16 pm

So anyways, has any news leaked out yet?
eww7633
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,772
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:13 am
Location: Ron Swansons Woodshop

Re: Lockout

Postby no name on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Dregger and Mckenzie are suprisingly quiet after this meeting. no one is giving up a scoop.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,294
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:19 pm

Re: Lockout

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:24 pm

no name wrote:Dregger and Mckenzie are suprisingly quiet after this meeting. no one is giving up a scoop.


I think McKenzie was having plane issues. Sounds like LeBrun and Dreger were as well (on a different plane).
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,546
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Lockout

Postby newarenanow on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:12 pm

Is this meeting over?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,815
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:56 pm

Re: Lockout

Postby ulf on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:13 pm

Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika
Five hours now ...
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,345
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BleuLineLady, cde1024, DelPen, Hugo Stiglitz, meecrofilm, RxBandit66 and 25 guests


e-mail