Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:56 am

how many people are in your league? 2?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:56 am

Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:13 pm

I'm in full Skyrim mode. I love the random dragon encounters.

The 1st time, I was on my way to a mission with 2 other followers, and i came across a fortress that I was thinking about storming. I decided I wasn't going to do that because I didn't know what I was getting into. Next thing I know, a dragon flies down an attacks the fortress. Without hesitation I storm the place, "guns" blazing. I'm attacking dark mages, who are attacking the dragon and I, while I'm also fighting the dragon. Meanwhile the one guy I brought is bare-knuckling the entire fight. All of this is happening with epic music in the background. It was amazing!

Just recently I decided to solo a quest, when another dragon tried to attack me. I really didn't feel up to taking him on alone, so I tried to flee on my horse. With the dragon on my heels, I hastily tried to jump down a small cliff, accidently killing my horse in the process. I had just bought the horse an hour earlier. I did manage to escape though.

It felt like the scene in Return of the King where the Nazgul are harassing Faramir and his men.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:49 pm

A bit more time into Lego Batman 2. Frustrating is the word I am looking for. The flying controls outside of the missions are lolbad. It took me 5 minutes to get a gold brick that I uncovered because I couldn't get superman to fly just a tad further forward without jetting off in a ridiculous direction. You can easily cover ground, but precise movements are nonexistent.

I made a point to get a few key red bricks... Attract Studs, Studs x 2 and Studs x 4 so I should be able to easily get Super Hero on the rest of the stages and rack up money to afford all the other characters, vehicles and red bricks.

I made a point to get Lex Luthor, the Joker and the Riddler so I can get all of the red bricks at least.

Exploring Gotham City is so frustrating... the sad part is that with a few tweaks, this could have been avoided.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:03 am

I think I finally got the hang of the "radar" or whatever... it isn't anywhere near as useful as a minimap would be, but it's something I guess. I think it is a setting you have to turn on, but it will show icons... whatever you are heading towards will show up in the center of the radar. This is deceptive since it doesn't really tell you distance.

Your best bet seems to be to hope you find the terminal(s) in the area and then set a marker on the object you want to collect. Then follow the radar as best you can until the marker comes into view.

Right now I am trying to go after all of the red bricks. I've gathered 14/20. The cost of them is shockingly low compared to other games (I think the 10x multiplier is only 1 million studs as opposed to 10 million in LOTR).

Be warned NAN: this game is not bad, but quite different from the first, and not as fun IMO.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:07 am

I enjoyed the random dragon encounters for a while in Skyrim, but after a while it just got flat out annoying. "Sigh...time to two-shot another dragon again"
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:56 am

the wicked child wrote:Be warned NAN: this game is not bad, but quite different from the first, and not as fun IMO.

That's what I've read in reviews. It's not bad, it's just different, but not as good as the first.

The Harry Potters were my favorite, followed by the first Batman.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:04 pm

http://www.examiner.com/article/nintend ... ull-circle

Last issue of Nintendo Power hitting stands this month. I still have all of my issues somewhere in a container in the basement. I remember I got issue #1 from my cousin (in pretty good condition) and started getting them myself with issue #5 (Ninja Gaiden on the cover). I remember getting excited everytime the new issue came. It was a really good magazine at the time, mainly because there wasn't anything else like it.

Also noted in this article is that Future is shutting down it's Xbox and Playstation magazines as well stating electronic sites are teh way to go. Which is true, but I guess I'm "old fashion" where I loved having a tangible magazine. Kind of sad to see this stuff going away in a way, but totally understand it.

RIP Nintendo Power
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby demondg1 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:40 pm

Need for Speed Most Wanted, it's Burnout Paradise 2. Except it's slightly less arcadey, and much harder. Hell, even the map is almost the same as Burnout Paradise. Cops are genuinely tough to escape from.
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:40 pm

demondg1 wrote:Need for Speed Most Wanted, it's Burnout Paradise 2. Except it's slightly less arcadey, and much harder. Hell, even the map is almost the same as Burnout Paradise. Cops are genuinely tough to escape from.

Sarcastic wrote:I just tried the Most Wanted demo. The driving game. I dunno. Controls were rather difficult. Not enough push to start moving you sideways with slight push of the stick, but as you keep holding it longer, it throws you too far too quickly. Maybe that becomes improved as you unlock upgrades to your cars, but I didn't have much fun with the way they're in the demo. Too much delay, too, between the push of stick to actual execution. I hate that in driving games.

I also think that was present in Hot Pursuit, but not to that extent, as I remember I was driving better in that one.

Neither, though, is as cool as Split/Second where the controls are so precise, it is an absolute pleasure to drive.
Last edited by Sarcastic on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:19 pm

Making some progress in Lego Batman 2. Got the remaining red bricks and unlocked all of the villains. Still have a few heroes and misc characters to unlock. Have 80-some gold bricks out of 250 and 12/50 citizens in peril. Still lots of vehicles to pick up.

I think I have enough characters to get 100% on the story missions now so I might start doing those before taking on any more of Gotham.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:03 am

...And I was wrong. Needed Aquaman for a mini-kit on the last stage. Guess I better try to round p some of the heroes now...
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby count2infinity on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:18 am

Just finished AC3. Not impressed, really. I'm going to go through now and do some of the side missions and such, but I missed all the puzzles and things that were in previous ACs. This game really didn't have any of that.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Postby Stoosh on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:36 am

Scrolled back a little to see if this came up and didn't see it, so..

The Mass Effect Trilogy was released yesterday. This is especially hot news if you're fans of the Mass Effect series (like I am) and play it on the PS3 (like I do), because it makes the original Mass Effect game available for the PS3. Mass Effect (1) was originally released exclusive to the 360. BioWare then released ME2 and ME3 to the PS3 platform as well, but the original game was never made available for the PS3 until now.

If you already have ME2 and ME3, Mass Effect is available for download from PSN for $14.99. It comes with some previously-issued DLC as well.

Downloaded it last night. Will start to get into it later today, I think.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rylan on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:03 pm

Stoosh wrote:Scrolled back a little to see if this came up and didn't see it, so..

The Mass Effect Trilogy was released yesterday. This is especially hot news if you're fans of the Mass Effect series (like I am) and play it on the PS3 (like I do), because it makes the original Mass Effect game available for the PS3. Mass Effect (1) was originally released exclusive to the 360. BioWare then released ME2 and ME3 to the PS3 platform as well, but the original game was never made available for the PS3 until now.

If you already have ME2 and ME3, Mass Effect is available for download from PSN for $14.99. It comes with some previously-issued DLC as well.

:fist: going to try and get Killzone Trilogy and Mass Effect Trilogy sometime soon!
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:57 pm

I'm sure I'll eventually play the original ME, but it takes forever to download full games, and I'm constantly juggling space on my 80 gb hard drive.

At the same time though, the ending to ME3 severely crippled how I view previous and future games. I still like the games, but I can't look at them the same way again.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Shyster on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:02 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:I enjoyed the random dragon encounters for a while in Skyrim, but after a while it just got flat out annoying. "Sigh...time to two-shot another dragon again"

If you’re on the PC, there are mods to fix that. “Deadly Dragons” adds 14 new types of dragons that all have their own breath attacks, spells, and shouts. For example, the new Bone Dragons in the mod can summon mobs of Draugr to attack you. Storm Dragons can use the “Storm Call” shout on you. Dracoliches can reanimate the dead to attack on their behalf. All dragons are much tougher to kill and can hand out serious damage.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:16 pm

Rylan wrote:
Stoosh wrote:Scrolled back a little to see if this came up and didn't see it, so..

:fist: going to try and get Killzone Trilogy and Mass Effect Trilogy sometime soon!

Yeah, I was waiting for this to come out on PS3. I never played any of the 3, so this will be a sweet ride, altough, it might have to wait 6 months to a year since I have other things to do first. But I love these trilogies that Sony is coming up with. Love them.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:20 pm

The first Killzone is my favorite. The second was good, but the 3rd was sort of a let down story wise for me. To be honest, I don't really remember the story of 3 all that well. But in the end, they are still my favorite FPS games ever.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shyster on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:27 pm

Speaking of Skyrim and dragons:

Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:30 pm

Rylan wrote:The first Killzone is my favorite. The second was good, but the 3rd was sort of a let down story wise for me. To be honest, I don't really remember the story of 3 all that well. But in the end, they are still my favorite FPS games ever.

Nonono. I was talking about Mass Effect. But I have to buy Killzone Trilogy too to get the first one in HD.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:32 pm

:( I got excited. you ruined my happiness.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Rylan wrote::( I got excited. you ruined my happiness.

Well, I love Killzone. Played and loved all 3. Second one is controversial with the athentic 'heavy-factor' they put in. What did you think of that anyway?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:49 pm

Loved it. I thought it was a great feature.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:52 pm

It was interesting to say the least because I actually felt my character's heaviness and the impact when he's jumping down, for instance.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR