Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Rylan on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:57 pm

The character didn't feel like just gun on a swivel. I don't mind games trying to create a character that has weight. And I thought they did it very well
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ajh2298 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:04 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
Rylan wrote::( I got excited. you ruined my happiness.

Well, I love Killzone. Played and loved all 3. Second one is controversial with the athentic 'heavy-factor' they put in. What did you think of that anyway?

I didn't mind it I just wished they would have included custom button mapping. There was no layout I ever felt completely comfortable with, especially switching between like 2-3 FPS at the same time.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ajh2298 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:06 pm

count2infinity wrote:Just finished AC3. Not impressed, really. I'm going to go through now and do some of the side missions and such, but I missed all the puzzles and things that were in previous ACs. This game really didn't have any of that.

Also not really enjoying it. I am like 2 and a half hours in and I am at the point where I dont know to stop or try and keep playing hoping it gets better.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:18 pm

ajh2298 wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
Rylan wrote::( I got excited. you ruined my happiness.

Well, I love Killzone. Played and loved all 3. Second one is controversial with the athentic 'heavy-factor' they put in. What did you think of that anyway?

I didn't mind it I just wished they would have included custom button mapping. There was no layout I ever felt completely comfortable with, especially switching between like 2-3 FPS at the same time.

I played all 3 with mouse/kb (on ps3), although Killzone 3 has such smooth controls I actually didn't mind the gamepad.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:23 pm

I think I am going to pick up the trilogy this weekend. I am excited to play all 3 in a row again. Thanks guys.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:25 pm

Just finished Inversion. You can finish it in 2 days. I took 3 or 4. I think a better price would have been $15 instead of $20. Nevertheless, it was pretty alright. Controls were good, as were the graphics. They could have turned it into an epic shooter, but what they ended up with is a budget title that's still worth playing if you're crazy about FPS games.. but if not, then you won't miss anything too special.

Story was interesting. Dialogs could have been better. My problem was too many cut scenes in the first several chapters. I guess they wanted to tell the story so there is not much fighting probably until chapter 5 where the chapters become longer and there is more action. In Chapter 6, the scenery changes when you're taken out of the city and that's where the game gets pretty good. So a little struggle at first, but pretty enjoyable from chapter 5. 13 chapters in all.

Buy if you need a shooter fix and there is nothing better around.
Last edited by Sarcastic on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:26 pm

Rylan wrote:I think I am going to pick up the trilogy this weekend. I am excited to play all 3 in a row again. Thanks guys.

Yeah, let me know how the graphics look in KZ 1.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:29 pm

Well I will have to play through that one 4 times. So I should be a master of it.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ajh2298 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:34 pm

I made the frigging mistake of buying my son the original Skylanders game bundled with an X-Box 360 for x-mas and now I am going crazy looking for the extra guys for it. So far thanks to Black Friday and Amazon I haven't spent more than $5.00 on any given guy but that might change. Best Buy's website has 3 of the harder to find guys for $9.00 a piece and its killing me not to order them. I am trying to justify it by saying that I will be spending reward zone points towards them and it might only cost me $3.00-$4.00 out of pocket. What sucks is I am stuck at work with nothing to do with only the internet and my credit card to pass the time.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby count2infinity on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:37 pm

ajh2298 wrote:
count2infinity wrote:Just finished AC3. Not impressed, really. I'm going to go through now and do some of the side missions and such, but I missed all the puzzles and things that were in previous ACs. This game really didn't have any of that.

Also not really enjoying it. I am like 2 and a half hours in and I am at the point where I dont know to stop or try and keep playing hoping it gets better.

it ended unexpectedly for me because my percentage was kind of low when it pops up for you to start. I think I was at 60% or so and then the game was over. I suppose the other 40% are side missions that I'm going to go through.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Pretty hard times in America, eh? I hear you. (to ajh2298)
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ajh2298 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:50 pm

Sarcastic wrote:Pretty hard times in America, eh? I hear you. (to ajh2298)

Another problem I have is I always like having complete collections of things. I guess that comes from my Sports Card collecting as a child and a teenager.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:17 pm

I'm starting to feel like maybe they're going a bit too far with how many items there are to collect now in these Lego games... It was noticeable to an extent in LOTR, but even moreso in Batman 2... I mean they could easily cut out 100 of the bricks... so many of them are repeats. After the 10th time you melt a plate on a statue and try to maneuver Superman in, it gets a bit old. Seems like the Citizens in peril suffer from the same fate... Most of them have either been trapped on water coming out of a hydrant or frozen in ice... there's no effort to make things different.

Another example is the amusement park. There are a bunch of rides and games to play to get bricks. However, there are only like 3 or 4 games that are each repeated like 5 times throughout the park. Had they put in the effort to come up with unique games throughout, this would have been amazing. Instead it gets stale. Also the roller coaster ride takes WAYYYYY too long to get the damn brick... it felt like 5 minutes, but it was probably just 2 or so.

This game is just okay... had much higher hopes.

A few things to help when you start NAN... When exploring Gotham, the terminals give off a red beacon until activated and then a blue beacon afterwards... this is vital for trying to locate them all.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:36 pm

canaaaaaaaaaan.

How would you rank R&C games as your favorites? I want to replay Crack in Time and I also have still wrapped Tools of Destruction. I'm probably going to start with either of those.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:03 pm

Mass Effect Trilogy picked up for Ps3, it's nice having 2 and 3 on 1 disc only.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:11 pm

Sarcastic wrote:canaaaaaaaaaan.

How would you rank R&C games as your favorites? I want to replay Crack in Time and I also have still wrapped Tools of Destruction. I'm probably going to start with either of those.

Up your Arsenal
Going Commando
Tools of Destruction
Original
Crack in Time

...and i like crack in time.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:16 pm

Really. Crack is so highly regarded. Other games must be awesome.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:18 pm

Sarcastic wrote:Really. Crack is so highly regarded. Other games must be awesome.

you could probably ask me the same question tomorrow and it'd change, so dont take that list as gospel.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby viva la ben on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:16 pm

GTA:Vice City for iOS, it supports cloud saves so I can play on my iPhone at work and pick right up at home on the iPad.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby the wicked child on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:51 pm

More progress on Lego Batman 2... got 100% on a couple more stages. Finished up all of the citizens in peril in Gotham, as well as all of the available vehicles. I have one character left to unlock, but need all 250 bricks first. I have around 180 bricks or so a this point. I'm trying to collect bricks as I go... a lot of the ones I have seen that I don't have seem like they are going to be a PITA. Most of those are sitting on a roof somewhere, but require a particular suit from Batman or Robin... which may or may not be in the immediate vicinity. Some have long, drawn out paths to get to the brick once you do find the suit... going to be tedious to get them all.

I said it before, but it bears repeating... they really should have cut out some of the collectibles in this one... it's not particularly fun when there are really just a limited set of things required to get the majority of them and they repeat over and over... what's the point?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ILikeTurtles on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:58 pm

Introduced my room mate to Portals, what a game. Forgot how much fun it is.
ILikeTurtles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:44 am

Played some more Lego Star Wars III last night. Just need 8 more bricks and 10 more characters to have 100%. The 8 bricks though are getting all 10 canisters (which unlock 8 of the 10 players), so just have to go through 8 more boards on free play.

The game turned out not to be as bad as I thought, just takes some getting used too. A lot of stuff is repetitive though.

A tip for anyone that might end up playing this, get the invincibility, multipliers, and superspeeder red blocks before doing the Republic and Separtist assult missions (there are 32 combined). It will save A TON of time.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:47 am

twc, some of the stuff in Lego Batman sounds a lot like Harry Potter. You have 250 bricks to collect in the Harry Potters, and there are 60 "students in Peril" you have to save and just a ton of side collectables.

But it seems in Harry Potter, they did a much better job at keeping it fresh IMO. Sure, there was some repetitive stuff, but it doesn't seem to be to the extent as it is in Lego Batman 2.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:54 am

I mean LOTR had some repetitive items as well, but it wasn't as noticeable as Batman 2. I don't have a problem with having a lot of collectibles if they put some effort into it... but for instance, other than the Citizens in Peril in the story missions which are all unique, in Gotham, there are 4 things: Frozen in Ice, trapped on top of an open fire hydrant, eaten by a giant plant or being held up by robotic penguins. They really couldn't think of anything else? With Gotham being so huge, there were a lot more opportunities to mix things up.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:59 am

the wicked child wrote:I mean LOTR had some repetitive items as well, but it wasn't as noticeable as Batman 2. I don't have a problem with having a lot of collectibles if they put some effort into it... but for instance, other than the Citizens in Peril in the story missions which are all unique, in Gotham, there are 4 things: Frozen in Ice, trapped on top of an open fire hydrant, eaten by a giant plant or being held up by robotic penguins. They really couldn't think of anything else? With Gotham being so huge, there were a lot more opportunities to mix things up.

You have to remember though, these games target are for kids. They are going to make some things more simplistic. Not some 30 some year old guys! :lol:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR