Strange Dreams Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Strange Dreams Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:57 pm

haha, that is frigging awesome
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:00 pm

Rylan wrote:I wish I had memorable dreams when I slept.

I bought an $$$ mattress set and now have them every night.
You might want to upgrade your furniture. :lol:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:20 pm

redwill wrote:I had an epic dream last night. Not epic in the sense that anything particularly interesting happened, but just that it was long and I remember a lot of it.

It started with me getting fired from a job I actually had about ten years ago. I got fired because I was bored and consequently was drinking on the job. Plus I was lazy, which is actually true.

Anyway, I then got a more typical office job. Because of my great personality (greater in the dream than in reality), I was rapidly raised to assistant to the big muckity-muck. This caused resentment amongst the other workers. They confronted me in a storeroom and I essentially said "tough luck." So things were going okay.

Then the Rapture happened.

The Rapture. Right there in the office. There was a glass door that appeared in the wall and it was manned by a guy in jeans, a flannel jacket, and a Caterpillar hat. We all just knew that if we made it through that door we'd go to heaven. Some tried immediately. Some went through and some were rejected. The rest of us stood around thinking about whether we'd get accepted or not. Pretty quickly, I decided I was a decent fellow and walked up to the door. After only a moment's pause, the guy let me through. So I was in heaven.

The first order of business was that we each had to get tested for our personality type. I had a roomie and we had some nervousness about the test. Eventually, we both went into the room. We each had a form. There were instructions on it which I don't remember. We were confronted by an assault rifle and a wicked-looking knife. I chose the knife. The knife lifted and swung around me. It lunged at me without striking me. It touched my face. It was razor sharp. I didn't respond and waited. Eventually, I knew that I passed the test and exited the room. I don't know what test my roomie faced with the assault rifle 'cause I never looked back. But we both made it and were presented with a personality profile.

I was described as "Intellectual Anarchist." Neither of those terms is true in real-life, but that's what heaven had to say about me in my dream.

Several other things happened that I don't remember clearly. Then we watched movies. Indoctrination-type things. Gel-like ooze was prominent.

Then my roomie and I went off exploring. Eventually we found a room where surgery was being performed on a fellow heaven-ite. They were extracting some sort of gel-like ooze. I began to get the idea that in fact we were being harvested. It was obviously a Matrix-like scenario.

But I didn't have time to explore that idea. I was awoken by dogs needing to go out.

Imagemy face reading this.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:24 pm

That is an extremely accurate gif canaan. Uncanny.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:57 pm

i had one a couple weeks ago where my younger brother and i invented time travel, and we kept accidentally messing stuff up. when we got back to the present, there would be water leaking out of strange places. so we would go back and try to fix it again. then it was an outright flood when we got back. so we went back again. when we got back, everything seemed ok. we were relaxed in a house (but not either one of our houses), and we heard a knock on the door. we both go outside, and there is a guy from the city telling us that there is an evacuation in our area due to massive flooding. just then, water started violently spurting from sewer drains and manholes. i look back to my brother, and he is erased from existence, but its sort of like he imploded... like he was a blow up doll who someone let the air out of. then i realized we had gone too far, and now i was being erased too...i felt my chest compressing and everything tightening up.

i woke up screaming and gasping for air.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Before my accident I had 2 dreams that would reoccur. The first was me running through darkness, with random things going. The other was that I was in a car accident. Neither are fun and always had me waking up sweating. It sucked.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:08 pm

I got shot in a dream once. It was raining, and everything was all grainy like the movie poster from Sin City. I recall I was out in what appeared to be downtown Pittsburgh, walking by an alley, and feeling like I was being chased. I looked up, saw the flashes but heard no sound. Everything felt like it was getting lighter, then I woke up frozen with my arms kind like this:

Probably the strangest lucid-like dream I've had.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby redwill on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:03 pm

Isn't it weird how dreams work?

I can describe in minute detail the guy manning the door to heaven. Even twelve hours after I woke up. I can similarly describe the people confronting me in the storeroom. The same with the knife. And the surgery.

But I don't know what the form said. And other significant blanks ... I don't know what happened between the testing and the movies. Something happened -- something important, in fact -- but it didn't stick.

The unconscious brain is so much more interesting than anything we can consciously dream up.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby LeopardLetang on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:22 pm

i woke up laughing this morning. i mostly remember the scenario.

two guys maybe in lab coats walking around talking about one of them making a sitcom. the other asks, 'what are you naming it'

'comedic situations with wet willie, the lifeguard robot'

'oh, back to the basics huh'

'ya. i find it's easier to be funny when you have a good structure'

'i know what you mean. my wife was giving me so much grief today that i structure in the head'

i woke up like two hours earlier than usual laughing so much that i couldn't go back to sleep. i actually hunted a piece of paper to write it down. for some reason that homonym type joke blew my mind that it could come up with it in that state and woke me up. this has happened to me before and it never ends up actually being very funny but i'm so convinced it is for like an hour.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby LeopardLetang on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:23 pm

Rylan wrote:That is an extremely accurate gif canaan. Uncanny.

:lol: ya that was great
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:27 pm

The dream I described is literally the only dream I've had that I can clearly remember, mostly because it was so shocking. How did I manage to wake up in almost the exact same position I was in when I was shot in my dream?

I couldn't tell you a thing about any of my other dreams.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby redwill on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:24 am

LeopardLetang wrote:'comedic situations with wet willie, the lifeguard robot'

'oh, back to the basics huh'

I think this is very funny in itself. I've been chuckling for a good minute or two.

I love waking up laughing. It may be my favorite thing in life. Sometimes I wake up laughing so hard that tears are literally streaming down my head into my ears. It happens infrequently, but it's a truly magical few minutes. It's one of the few things I'll miss when I die.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:17 am

the wicked child wrote:I've had some weird ones...

Craziest one was I found myself in a room with James Bond and John Stamos. Not sure why, but John Stamos had a gun to my head. He pulled the trigger, but the gun was empty and James Bond blew his brains out. I woke up in a major WTF.

I once had a dream during a warz game that was like one of Tony's dreams near the end of Season 2 of the Sopranos (with the fish) and at the end I realized c2i was bad... and he actually was (but I was killed before being able to put this theory into action).

LOL! which Bond was it? Moore? Connery?
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:16 am

Brosnan.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:22 pm