The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Postby nocera on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:45 am

DudeMan2766 wrote:Saw that, I just didnt know if it happend last night during the end of the show or this was something that needed done for a while

Oh my bad. I read that he has been in pain for a while but they just found out that it required surgery yesterday.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:53 pm

So if Punk doesn't defend by the Rumble what happened to stripped if not defended in 30 days rule? lol
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:23 pm

SolidSnake wrote:So if Punk doesn't defend by the Rumble what happened to stripped if not defended in 30 days rule? lol

I know what you mean here.

It's kind of like how AJ gets fired for fooling around with talent and then her replacement is currently involved with Dolph Ziggler. Makes total sense right?

Or how a champion can not be under the influence during WWE events.

CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby nocera on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:17 pm

SolidSnake wrote:So if Punk doesn't defend by the Rumble what happened to stripped if not defended in 30 days rule? lol

Straight from the WWE rulebook. Hopefully not. I'm guessing they'll find a way around that should it come to it. Or, you know, never mention it.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:35 pm

nocera wrote:

Straight from the WWE rulebook. Hopefully not. I'm guessing they'll find a way around that should it come to it. Or, you know, never mention it.

SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Now that's a guy who could run a show. He wasn't showing up if there was an "affair" or to run a lie detector test.

When Tunney showed up, something big was about to happen.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:59 am

It sucks because Punk was going to face Rock at RR anyway, and it would be nice if he could carry a win into that instead of dodging it again (i'm of the dumb and complete wrong persumption WWE would make Punk look good in this months Main Event BECAUSE he was facing the Rock next) The Miz's reign was a joke because I dont think he defended the title a single time in a clean win. I get thats not a heel's thing, but somewhere along the line you need some credibility, even for fans that arent complete marks to stay interested.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Cagsjr724 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:05 am

DudeMan2766 wrote:It sucks because Punk was going to face Rock at RR anyway, and it would be nice if he could carry a win into that instead of dodging it again (i'm of the dumb and complete wrong persumption WWE would make Punk look good in this months Main Event BECAUSE he was facing the Rock next) The Miz's reign was a joke because I dont think he defended the title a single time in a clean win. I get thats not a heel's thing, but somewhere along the line you need some credibility, even for fans that arent complete marks to stay interested.

I think Punk will be fine come the royal rumble. This all might be a work. Who knows?
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:11 am

Cagsjr724 wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:It sucks because Punk was going to face Rock at RR anyway, and it would be nice if he could carry a win into that instead of dodging it again (i'm of the dumb and complete wrong persumption WWE would make Punk look good in this months Main Event BECAUSE he was facing the Rock next) The Miz's reign was a joke because I dont think he defended the title a single time in a clean win. I get thats not a heel's thing, but somewhere along the line you need some credibility, even for fans that arent complete marks to stay interested.

I think Punk will be fine come the royal rumble. This all might be a work. Who knows?

Fine as in not injured? Im not worried about that. I heard he wasnt going to be out long. Maybe just because I like him in this bland era, but Im growing more and more tired of heels can't win without looking like cheating cowards. Thats fine for undercard, but you've had this guy become the longest reigning champion in the modern era for a reason im guessing. It'd be nice to have some face-heel "parody'" The only time there isnt is when we have this supposed monster heels like Tensai who completely fell flat, Kane who is a comedic act one half of the year then a scary beast the other, and even Lesnar jobbed. I'd take more "reality" over more attitude any day.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby CERV96 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:27 am

I stole this post from another board and thought it would get a good conversation going on here:

There is now talk that Punk might beat Rock at the Rumble and go on to face Undertaker streak vs streak and have Rock face Cena in a non title match instead of for the title. The reason they are saying is Rock wont defend it on house shows or even possibly at Elimination Chamber.

If Punk does face Undertaker, I really for the first time think Undertaker should lose. The way I think they should do it is have Lesnar off of tv until Wrestlemania and Lesnar comes out and F5's the Undertaker and CM PUnk pins the Undertaker for the win.

Yes I am talking about the unthinkable, the unforgivable. Punk beating Undertaker with Lesnar F5'ng the Undertaker would be the biggest thing ever for Punks career. Undertaker and Lesnar would be brutal say at Summerslam. He would forever be the biggest heel in wrestling history. Undertaker is 20-0. Undertaker has said he wants to end it. He always puts on the match of the year but how much longer can he go. Punk ending it with Heyman and Lesnar would be tremendous. the person who does it needs tobe established. A rookie or a young guy is not going to cut it. And does anyone really want to see Ryback or Cena end it. or worse yet a Wade Barrett or a Seamus

Lets face it Undertakers streak is bigger than any title in wrestling including even the WWE title. The match at Wrestlemania is an event itself. And that would be teh main event, not Rock and Cena
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:32 am

I dunno about that... I mean I guess so but what then? The only logical choice would be a stable led by Brock and Punk but Brock doesn't work nearly enough because that stable would have to run until some point where Brock and Punk decided to feud which would turn Punk face again... I dunno I don't like it very much.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Coy and Vance on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:27 am

I can see Cena beating Ziggler and winning the MIB...

Rock beating Punk at RR for the title...

Cena cashing in the MIB at RR and beating Rock...

WM Cena/Rock for the title.

That's my 2 cents.
Coy and Vance
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby CERV96 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:57 am

Here is the thing if Rock is not at house shows to defend the title or even be in the elimination chamber then why put the belt on him? Also isn't Cena's briefcase for a smackdown title not a Raw one? Then again it is a fake sport so anything is possible.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:06 pm

Rocky wins belt, retires, vacates title, Cena gets title back. Status-quo is kept. I wonder, seriously wonder, if maybe they give Cena the WHWC belt, move him to Smackdown and try to breathe life into that show. Punk keeps his title reign, Cena gets a meaningful belt, all are happy?
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby nocera on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:22 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:Rocky wins belt, retires, vacates title, Cena gets title back. Status-quo is kept. I wonder, seriously wonder, if maybe they give Cena the WHWC belt, move him to Smackdown and try to breathe life into that show. Punk keeps his title reign, Cena gets a meaningful belt, all are happy?

I would be thrilled if Cena moved to SD. Won't happen though.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:25 pm

I could also see this happen Show/Sheamus kicks off the ppv. Ziggler cashes afterward then Vince comes out and says his match is vs Cena is now for the WHC?
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:26 pm

CERV96 wrote:I could also see this happen Show/Sheamus kicks off the ppv. Ziggler cashes afterward then Vince comes out and says his match is vs Cena is now for the WHC?

This makes most sense I think.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby nocera on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:35 pm

I love this. It reminds me of this.

More please.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:58 am

Moar?

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:04 am

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:30 am

SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:47 am

Anyone going to be in Altoona tonight?

shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby whodeany16 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:48 am

Coy and Vance wrote:I can see Cena beating Ziggler and winning the MIB...

That's my 2 cents.

If Cena wins the MITB briefcase, it almost guarantees Ziggler to win the Rumble. I hope it happens... big fan of DZ.
whodeany16
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pavel Bure on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:07 pm

whodeany16 wrote:
Coy and Vance wrote:I can see Cena beating Ziggler and winning the MIB...

That's my 2 cents.

If Cena wins the MITB briefcase, it almost guarantees Ziggler to win the Rumble. I hope it happens... big fan of DZ.

I feel like they're done with him for now. He was garnering major heat with the "perfection" gimmick. Then they changed him to the "show off" and he went stale. He's had that case for a long while and I don't think WWE wants to really push him to the top anymore. It wouldn't surprise me if at the rumble they do an angle with the three Shield members getting out at the same time, getting down to them, then them letting Ambrose win... eh that would never happen he's too new and that would rocket him super high. Ryback wins the rumble.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JS© on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:18 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Anyone going to be in Altoona tonight?

I thought they tore down the Jaffa Mosque?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR