DEXTER SEASON 7

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

DEXTER SEASON 7

Postby whodeany16 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:28 am

Just curious if any LGP'rs have any predictions for the end of season 7? Its been an unreal season so far IMO.
whodeany16
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: DEXTER SEASON 7

Postby PensFanInDC on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:58 am

whodeany16 wrote:Just curious if any LGP'rs have any predictions for the end of season 7? Its been an unreal season so far IMO.

The biggest thing is that dexter has no idea what la guerta is up to so he isn't preparing for it
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby whodeany16 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:17 am

I've seen/heard a bunch of peoples predictions, but I came up with my own. Its a bit crazy, but I could see it happening.

I get the feeling that the directors are setting up Matthews to sabotage Laguerta's efforts and help Dexter due to his loyalties to Harry.

BUT, a crazier prediction I came up with is:

I think Matthews strings Laguerta along and eventually kills her to get back at her for her ruining his career. He then uses the intel and info they dug up on Dexter to go after him so he can redeem his name. The season ends with Laguerta dies, and Matthews has Dexter in his cross hairs.

Chances are I'll be WAY off though LOL.
whodeany16
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby PensFanInDC on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:18 am

Not bad...

<nods in acceptance>
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:26 pm

Yeah, whodeany, that sounds plausible.

I've enjoyed Dexter a lot this season, but as always, the episodes ebb and flow. Showtime says the ratings are the highest in several years, so I'm not alone.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby whodeany16 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:59 pm

Yeah it is quite up and down, but I'm still a big fan. So many story lines going on at once.

I'm hoping Deb and Dexter don't become an item. I couldn't take it seriously anymore
whodeany16
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Mr. Colby on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:03 pm

They'd never make Deb and Dexter an item, that would kill viewership.

My thoughts are along the lines of yours, whodeany. I think Matthews knew about Dexter all along, Harry confided in him about it to make sure Dexter would be protected if anything ever happened. I agree that he's stringing LaGuerta along, it just doesn't make sense to have him suddenly be OK to work with the woman that ruined his career.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby whodeany16 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:15 pm

Interesting perspective. I never thought that Harry might have told Matthews about Dexter's Dark Passenger.
whodeany16
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby demondg1 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:54 pm

For those who are up to date...
Spoiler:
I was really hoping Isaac would survive and get his own spin off show. But alas, he was too damn awesome to make it out alive.

The last 3 seasons I've been thinking Quinn's going to die any episode now. Especially after he broke up with Deb. Now after doing next to nothing this season, I fully expect Batista to eat it any week now.

As far as how the season ends, wouldn't surprise me if they arrested Dexter. Being that next season is supposed to be the final season, it would be spent dealing with the fallout.
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitts on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:13 pm

demondg1 wrote:For those who are up to date...
Spoiler:
I was really hoping Isaac would survive and get his own spin off show. But alas, he was too damn awesome to make it out alive.

The last 3 seasons I've been thinking Quinn's going to die any episode now. Especially after he broke up with Deb. Now after doing next to nothing this season, I fully expect Batista to eat it any week now.

Spoiler:
I miss Isaac already. Mind BLOWN with the gay angle...never saw that coming until just before he confessed it. The gamesmanship between him and Dexter was the best of any series so far. Both were balls out tough with each other. He's gone too soon IMO
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:17 pm

whodeany16 wrote:Interesting perspective. I never thought that Harry might have told Matthews about Dexter's Dark Passenger.

I don't think this at all. The series is already getting out of hand with how many people know and are okay with what Dexter does.

I do think Laguerta will be finished off (on the table) in the last episode of the season. Dexter will be "okay" with killing an innocent -- they are setting this up with his current struggle between the dark passenger and the fact that maybe he just likes to kill (thanks to Hannah).
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby demondg1 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:58 pm

Pitts wrote:
demondg1 wrote:For those who are up to date...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I miss Isaac already. Mind BLOWN with the gay angle...never saw that coming until just before he confessed it. The gamesmanship between him and Dexter was the best of any series so far. Both were balls out tough with each other. He's gone too soon IMO

Spoiler:
I saw the gay angle coming a mile a way. Very refreshing to have gay character that broke the stereotype and was completely bad ass.
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby knives of ice on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:01 pm

This show has gone so fast downhill since season 4 have to see how this ends though I've put in too much time not to
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitts on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:17 pm

Tonight episode = UGH! Depressing to me.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby whodeany16 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:21 am

Pitts wrote:Tonight episode = UGH! Depressing to me.

Yup, I agree. Tonight's episode didn't really do it for me. Although it did give the season much more depth and avenues for the directors going forward next week and next season. Laguerta, What does Hannah do?, Debs role, Quinn?

So many loose ends that need to be tied up. I'm anticipating the standard HUGE cliff hanger next season and the majority of these story lines to carry over.
whodeany16
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby demondg1 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:28 am

knives of ice wrote:This show has gone so fast downhill since season 4 have to see how this ends though I've put in too much time not to

Season 5 might have been the lowest point in television history. But season 6 wasn't nearly as bad. Season 7 has been an improvement over season 6. So they're trending upward again. But no way they can get back to being as good as season 4.
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kraftster on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:29 am

Huh, I quite liked last night's episode.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby whodeany16 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:08 am

Kraftster wrote:Huh, I quite liked last night's episode.

Thinking about it again, I really did like the episode, I guess I'm just greedy and was looking for some more answers! Next week's episode better be awesome. The inevitable year long cliff hanger is going to be the death of me.
whodeany16
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby demondg1 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:47 am

I can't wait to cancel Showtime next Monday morning. Dexter is the only thing I've ever watched on it.
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Mr. Colby on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:51 am

demondg1 wrote:I can't wait to cancel Showtime next Monday morning. Dexter is the only thing I've ever watched on it.

Sounds like you're missing out on some fantastic programming
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:03 pm

demondg1 wrote:I can't wait to cancel Showtime next Monday morning. Dexter is the only thing I've ever watched on it.

Yeah, I am going to cancel it too. I only watch Homeland and Dexter on it, and luckily, those 2 run at the same time.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby whodeany16 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:13 pm

Mr. Colby wrote:

Sounds like you're missing out on some fantastic programming

Gotta agree with Mr. Colby here,

Dexter, Homeland, Shameless, and House of Lies are unreal shows.
whodeany16
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby canaan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:20 pm

californication is solid. that being said, i couldnt justify those two shows being enough to pay for the channel.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby whodeany16 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:27 pm

Fair enough.

I highly reccommend Shameless and House of Lies to anyone who hasn't seen them. Great shows.

The only negative about Showtime for me is that that idiot Jim Rome has his own show.
whodeany16
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pitts on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Kraftster wrote:Huh, I quite liked last night's episode.

Don't get me wrong, unlike most, I've really liked this season and all the twisted story lines.

But,
Spoiler:
they offed Isaac too soon and now Hannah being gone -- they were 2 of my favorite characters. I just wasn't expecting the Hannah news last night. And' if this set-up with Laguerta is true, I hate her even more than I ever had! :)

That was just a huge emotional episode last night.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Next

Return to NHR