Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby nocera on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:10 pm

It's seriously not even fun. Maybe I should try HUT. Vs play is nonsense.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:12 pm

I think co-op in Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (terrorist hunt) was without a doubt the most fun I have had playing video games with complete strangers.

Squad based games where people actually try to accomplish the objectives is absolutely enjoyable. Especially when the AI is actually half competent and challenging. I enjoy that way more than playing some 13 year old yelling the worst insults in a soprano's voice.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:13 pm

Oh yeah, I loved terrorist hunts is RS:V, though I wouldn't really call the terrorist AI "competent". We got to the point where we knew how to get them to spawn and would just camp choke points and slaughter them as they ran wave after wave into us.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Did you play on hardcore (or whatever the highest difficulty was) and added highest density?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:18 pm

Rylan wrote:I think co-op in Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (terrorist hunt) was without a doubt the most fun I have had playing video games with complete strangers.

Squad based games where people actually try to accomplish the objectives is absolutely enjoyable. Especially when the AI is actually half competent and challenging. I enjoy that way more than playing some 13 year old yelling the worst insults in a soprano's voice.

So on the scale of playing squad based objectives vs competent AI down to 13 year olds screeching over the headset, where does "chasing bhaw around in seemingly random circles while he captures flags" rank on that scale? :lol:

I do like co-op in a lot of games. MP gets annoying when you can't dedicate your life to the game like some people and you are at an immediate disadvantage just by the equipment you have. I'm fine with losing on equal grounds to someone who's better, but when you just become fodder b/c you have a pea shooter and they have an automatic cannon with sniper scope, homing rounds, and invisibility, it's just stupid. That's why I probably don't buy any more COD games.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bhaw on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:19 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Oh yeah, I loved terrorist hunts is RS:V, though I wouldn't really call the terrorist AI "competent". We got to the point where we knew how to get them to spawn and would just camp choke points and slaughter them as they ran wave after wave into us.

No matter how good AI is, it's still just that... AI. With enough time and critical thinking, you can always solve the pattern it has to follow.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:22 pm

Rylan wrote:Did you play on hardcore (or whatever the highest difficulty was) and added highest density?

I want to say we played on the highest, but I don't remember the difficulty. We did normally play on high density, though.

Even then, it was pretty easy, because we had figured out how they came at us and where they were located. Still hella fun though.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Yea there are only so many ways to make the AI work.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:36 pm

As much as I criticize Mass Effect 3, it's probably the most I've played a console game, ever, due to the co-op multiplayer.

A lot of people hated the micro transactions and card collecting system, but it's probably the best thing to happen to the multiplayer. It allowed Bioware to release free dlc with completely new content, keeping the game fresh.

I've played it since the demo, and it's a completely different game now. They make balance changes and add dlc all the time.

Since release, they've more than doubled the playable characters, doubled the weapons, added new maps, enemy factions, and many other things.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby offsides on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:07 am

Rylan wrote:I think co-op in Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (terrorist hunt) was without a doubt the most fun I have had playing video games with complete strangers.

I liked the original Vegas better. It could get quite challenging (for me), mainly because it didn't auto save frequently. Me and a buddy spent many hours in Vegas, campaign and terrorist hunt.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:11 am

Spangler wrote:As much as I criticize Mass Effect 3, it's probably the most I've played a console game, ever, due to the co-op multiplayer.

A lot of people hated the micro transactions and card collecting system, but it's probably the best thing to happen to the multiplayer. It allowed Bioware to release free dlc with completely new content, keeping the game fresh.

I've played it since the demo, and it's a completely different game now. They make balance changes and add dlc all the time.

Since release, they've more than doubled the playable characters, doubled the weapons, added new maps, enemy factions, and many other things.

I enjoyed the multiplayer for a while, then the ending of a relationship ruined the game for me. Who would have thought that could happen?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:21 pm

the wicked child wrote:
Rylan wrote:When it comes to video games, am I the only person that really only enjoys co-op multiplayer rather than the PvP multiplayer?

Not at all... I am not into PvP really at all. Then again, these days I don't play much MP at all.

I don't like PvP games, especially shooters. They seem fun for a while but ultimately pointless. Some of my favorite gaming moments in the last 10 years have been in co-op games with a friend or g/f. Games like Dungeon Siege (g/f). Project Eden - try playing that with your girl and see how much fun you have... and may I add what an incredible adventure and journey. I like playing shooters with my girl, too, because she really likes the sniper rifle and I prefer the big machine gun. Good combo. :thumb:
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:50 pm

started digging into nintendoland...a ton of fun so far.

the donkey kong crash course is an absolute nightmare.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:53 pm

Spoiler:
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:20 pm

For the record, Call of Duty is back to being the suck and I regret ever giving it any sort of praise.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:11 pm

I think I've had enough of Lego Batman 2. A lot of the remaining bricks are of the annoying variety. On top of that, I think due to bugs, I do not actually have 100% of the mini kits despite the game saying that I do because I didn't get an achievement for that when I got the last piece like I did with Super Hero and Citizens in Peril.

A few times during stages I saw it claiming that I had 12/10 pieces and crap like that, so for all I know, I may have left some stages early once I hit 10, not realizing it wasn't accurate.

Not the worst Lego game by any means, but definitely the most disappointing.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:35 pm

Do they patch the Lego games at all?
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Shyster on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Valve Software / Steam finally admit they are working on their own gaming hardware package to compete with Sony / Microsoft / Nintendo:

http://www.cnet.com.au/gabe-newell-says ... 342744.htm

If Valve does this right, this could be a major threat to the existing console manufacturers. The Steam distribution system is excellent. I haven’t bought a PC game via anything else for years.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Do they patch the Lego games at all?

I don't know that I've ever seen it.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:24 pm

Rylan wrote:For the record, Call of Duty is back to being the suck and I regret ever giving it any sort of praise.

why? i am contemplating purchasing
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:31 pm

If you get it for the single player, then it was pretty fun though that alone isn't worth the $60. But its become the typical frustrating multiplayer since I don't play it enough to get good at it. So you end up having those that play a lot plus the annoying 12 year olds who absolutely destroy. Couple that with the complete repetitiveness of everything and it gets old fast. At least for me it did. Like today I played 3 games and all three my team ended up having the opposing team in our spawn and killing everyone before there was a chance to react. That stuff angers me to no end and I will probably only play from now on if my roommates tell me to.

Honestly, I don't know what you are looking for in a game, but Far Cry 3 is an awesome experience. Not just the single player (which for the record is quite enjoyable and satisfying) but the multiplayer is a good time. And my favorite part about it is in about 3 to 4 months you will begin to see a lot of User made maps that will help freshen up the game. So if you are going to drop $50 bucks on a shooter, I recommend Far Cry.

That recommendation is based on you not having a bunch of friends clamoring for you to get Black Ops II
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:41 am

Regarding Skyrim...

Is it in bad taste to disenchant your wedding ring?

*edit*

accidently deleted the "ring" when I rephrased.
Last edited by Spangler on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Loaf31 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:53 am

The Last of Us finally has a release date, May 7th, I can't wait for that game and Rainbow Six Patriots
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby malkinshair on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:35 am

Spangler wrote:Regarding Skyrim...

Is it in bad taste to disenchant your wedding?

:D

I just finished the main story over the weekend with my first character. I'm at 205 hours. :face: I'm still only at level 49.
I started a new character to play as battlemage.

I really wish Bethesda would get their collective crap together so that ps3 people could get some DLC.
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rylan on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:07 am

Supposedly the DLC is still in the works and could only be a month or 2 away. But I have given up on skyrim until the DLC does come out
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR