Lockout

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Lockout

Postby llipgh2 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:42 pm

Just read this:

Greg Wyshynski
Hearing 2 other NHL teams have staff called back or on stand by. That's 4 total. Again, could be precaution. Sh*t'll move fast after that.

Ok, more players showing up for player run practices. Players returning from Europe (ok, a lot of teams in Europe are on break). Teams calling staff back.

Is the end near? And I don't mean Mayan end... although that's 11 days away...
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gaucho on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Trying not to get too excited.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby no name on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:14 pm

llipgh2 wrote:Just read this:

Greg Wyshynski
Hearing 2 other NHL teams have staff called back or on stand by. That's 4 total. Again, could be precaution. Sh*t'll move fast after that.

Ok, more players showing up for player run practices. Players returning from Europe (ok, a lot of teams in Europe are on break). Teams calling staff back.

Is the end near? And I don't mean Mayan end... although that's 11 days away...
\

Crap i forgot to get my oil changed wanted that done befor the world ends.

Did one ever think the myan calander ends at 2012 cause they ran out of more room on that rock.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby beLIEve on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:25 pm

no name wrote:Did one ever think the myan calander ends at 2012 cause they ran out of more room on that rock.

beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:27 pm

Gaucho wrote:At least schedule a f***ing meeting you stupid ****ing sons of ****ous *******. I've ****ing had it it with you **** ** ******* arseholes. Dammit.

Were you bugging our house?
Last edited by Lt. Dish on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:32 pm

MilPenFan wrote:I have become a Penguins fan but I live in Wisconsin and am relatively new to hockey. You guys must be livid over there potentially missing an entire season while you have two of the games best players on your team in their primes. What a kick in the pants it must be if we lose the season. I miss watching hockey, so do my boys. My 6 year old keeps asking me when we are going to watch games together like we did last year.

Hi! Pull up a chair. :D
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Gaucho on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:48 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:
Gaucho wrote:At least schedule a f***ing meeting you stupid ****ing sons of ****ous *******. I've ****ing had it it with you **** ** ******* arseholes. Dammit.

Before I got that restraining order? Of course I did!
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby no name on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:51 pm

beLIEve wrote:
no name wrote:Did one ever think the myan calander ends at 2012 cause they ran out of more room on that rock.

LOL, someone had the same idea as me, totally cool.

DId anyone think the ending of the mayan Calander actually forcast the beginning of the NHL season starting on Dec. 21st????

The caption of the cartoon should be.

"Cheif, i ended the calander on Dec. 21st 2012 like you asked..."

"Yes, We will have to start a new calander that day since they will have to create a new NHL schedule that day."
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Gaucho on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:30 pm

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG
Sidney Crosby said earlier today he was unaware of the CBA talks planned for tomorrow and, when asked, added "I don’t plan on being there."

Crosby, upon learning that CBA negotiations will resume Wednesday: "It’s good they’re talking and hopefully something good comes out of it."

Crosby, on how much remains to be settled before lockout ends:"The fact we haven’t really even covered everything is kind of the scary part"
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Gaucho wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:

Before I got that restraining order? Of course I did!

No cameras, right? Because the house is a mess. :oops:

:lol:
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby llipgh2 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:38 pm

Kukla's Korner reporting Federal mediators will be attending Wednesday's session.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:50 pm

Gaucho wrote:Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG
Sidney Crosby said earlier today he was unaware of the CBA talks planned for tomorrow and, when asked, added "I don’t plan on being there."

Crosby, upon learning that CBA negotiations will resume Wednesday: "It’s good they’re talking and hopefully something good comes out of it."

Crosby, on how much remains to be settled before lockout ends:"The fact we haven’t really even covered everything is kind of the scary part"

Sometimes I think this lockout will fry Sidbot's circuits and he'll re-emerge as an uncontrollable cyborg looking for vengeance.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby interstorm on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:45 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG

Sometimes I think this lockout will fry Sidbot's circuits and he'll re-emerge as an uncontrollable cyborg looking for vengeance.

...I just think how the NHL's ridiculous stance on head-shots and the CBA mess has squandered so much time for the game's "once in a generation" athlete who actually has the (best) ability to create new fans (revenue).

The NHL was a garage league - it continues to be a garage league - and has no signs of ever being anything other than a garage league. :cry:

Like someone posted a week or so ago -- average attendance in soccer has grown. The way the NHL constantly shoots itself in the foot will ensure the game will take a back seat to everything out there (and, unfortunately, more to come). As I've said - the league and its members (NHL and PA combined) fight over crumbs on the floor while they should be battling for a seat at the table.
interstorm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Fire0nice228 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:00 pm

I agree. The worst part about the lockout is losing time of Sid/Geno etc in their prime. Throw in some significant injuries and its really sucks.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby offsides on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:53 pm

llipgh2 wrote:Kukla's Korner reporting Federal mediators will be attending Wednesday's session.

That was already tried once and didn't work out so well. Wonder why they decided to try it again?
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:54 pm

offsides wrote:
llipgh2 wrote:Kukla's Korner reporting Federal mediators will be attending Wednesday's session.

That was already tried once and didn't work out so well. Wonder why they decided to try it again?

Because they're closer.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens_srq on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:18 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/nhlpa-backed-off-money-guarantees-suggested-nba-esque-174951437--nhl.html

I don't think they are closer.

Fehr keeps trying to trash the cap system. He also keeps trying to guarantee money won't go down. They already have guaranteed contracts. Guaranteeing that you will pay your employees something regardless of the financial situation of the league is a complete non-starter. No responsible business owner will sign something committing them to a dollar amount that is tied to nothing. That's absurd.

What is happening is Fehr dresses up a proposal, owners get excited thinking something has changed. Then they turn to page 3 and there is a steaming pile laying right there. I'd walk out too.
pens_srq
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:33 pm

I'm not sure that has happened, if it does, the NHL doesn't bring that up as the issue, they choose to bring up other things. Most notably, "this isn't our proposal".
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:46 pm

@Aportzline

I know, I know. You've heard this previously. But two sides are so close now "they could spit on each other," one source said.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:48 pm

things are that bad they are resorting to spitting?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:39 pm

IF the NHL does resume this year and we have a season, how annoying is it going to be when someone expresses displeasure with a certain player or criticizes the Pens if they arent playing well, that people are invariably going to retort with "AT LEAST WE HAVE HOCKEY TO WATCH! Gah! Some people are never happy!! Just enjoy the fact that we have hockey!"
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:40 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:IF the NHL does resume this year and we have a season, how annoying is it going to be when someone expresses displeasure with a certain player or criticizes the Pens if they arent playing well, that people are invariably going to retort with "AT LEAST WE HAVE HOCKEY TO WATCH! Gah! Some people are never happy!! Just enjoy the fact that we have hockey!"

I'll be that guy :pop:
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:45 pm

lol and I'll probably be the guy ******** by the 2nd period of game 1 :pop:

haha seriously tho that thought just entered my mind. I have a feeling were going to hear that a ton if the season starts. That doesnt mean thats a wrong approach, but its definately going to be mentioned a few thousand times on this board.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:36 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:IF the NHL does resume this year and we have a season, how annoying is it going to be when someone expresses displeasure with a certain player or criticizes the Pens if they arent playing well, that people are invariably going to retort with "AT LEAST WE HAVE HOCKEY TO WATCH! Gah! Some people are never happy!! Just enjoy the fact that we have hockey!"

If there is a season, all I want is to see Bettman shaking the hand of one of the players. Preferably Dave Bolland.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pens_srq on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:58 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I'm not sure that has happened, if it does, the NHL doesn't bring that up as the issue, they choose to bring up other things. Most notably, "this isn't our proposal".

I'm wondering if the NHL is just bad at conveying this. We want this proposal to be using our language and Fehr keeps changing large sections of it. I do wish they would be a bit more specific on why they are upset.
pens_srq
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins