Earbuds?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Earbuds?

Postby Great58 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:09 pm

So I can listen to all the hockey action and Penguins coverage? What a thoughtful gift! Because not having earphones was what was making me miss all the hockey activity this fall. Thanks Penguins management, and Merry Christmas to you!
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Earbuds?

Postby kovyfalcon27 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Oh is this the annual complain about the season ticket holders gift thread??
kovyfalcon27
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ulf on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:39 pm

wahh my gift isn't good enough
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby kovyfalcon27 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:43 pm

If you can afford season tickets even when there is no hockey, you can afford to go buy yourself something nice for Christmas.....go have at it.
kovyfalcon27
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Great58 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:03 pm

ulf wrote:wahh my gift isn't good enough

Just seemed ironic with the insert about all the Pens radio coverage I can now enjoy. :face:
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Defence21 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:51 pm

Great58 wrote:
ulf wrote:wahh my gift isn't good enough

Just seemed ironic with the insert about all the Pens radio coverage I can now enjoy. :face:

PensRadio is still on 5 days a week with new content, and 24 hrs a day with repeating content. If you don't want those buds, I'll send you my address ;)
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby JS© on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Great58 wrote:So I can listen to all the hockey action and Penguins coverage? What a thoughtful gift! Because not having earphones was what was making me miss all the hockey activity this fall. Thanks Penguins management, and Merry Christmas to you!

it's not Penguins' management that has the league locked out.

Merry Christmas brah.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Great58 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:45 pm

JS© wrote:
Great58 wrote:So I can listen to all the hockey action and Penguins coverage? What a thoughtful gift! Because not having earphones was what was making me miss all the hockey activity this fall. Thanks Penguins management, and Merry Christmas to you!

it's not Penguins' management that has the league locked out.

Merry Christmas brah.

No kidding? :shock:
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JS© on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:00 pm

Forget it. If I have to explain it....
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tico Rick on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:22 pm

Tough crowd.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby penny lane on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:36 pm

Tico Rick wrote:Tough crowd.

i think they should have gotten a snuggie~ for tv watching from the couch. ;)
searching for the penguin photo shop snuggies worn by pengunis on a couch. :D
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PghSkins on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Should have given yinz round trip all expense paid trips to see the NBA game of your choice.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby knives of ice on Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:24 am

i hope they are a personalized pair of beats at least
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby mightyguins on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:25 pm

I didn't get mine yet. But im glad were here to help them clean out there discount /overstock bin. I don't want to sound ungrateful but i have friends and cousins that are season ticket holders for the flyers, sabers,an devils.An the gift's they get are way nicer. im just say-in. :thumbdown:
mightyguins
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pitt87 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:54 pm

mightyguins wrote:I didn't get mine yet. But im glad were here to help them clean out there discount /overstock bin. I don't want to sound ungrateful but i have friends and cousins that are season ticket holders for the flyers, sabers,an devils.An the gift's they get are way nicer. im just say-in. :thumbdown:

If you are in it for the perks, sounds like you have options...
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby llipgh2 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Got mine today. Not complaining, I can always use a spare set. I'm always losing them or breaking them.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SLF66 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:00 am

I paid about $800+ for these earbuds...they better be great!
SLF66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Tim Thomasen on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:17 am

I wish I had the ability to ***** and moan about a STH gift.

I'll do you one better, I just wish I had ST's (i'm #3,000 something on the list)
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:31 am

This is the only thing I am going to say on the topic, as it blew up last year. Its not about earbuds. Its not about getting stupid little trinkets with your season tickets as a gift. Nobody really wants or needs that stuff. Its about the all around excitement of being a season holder and what going to the games is about, especially for those of us who have been around since before 2005. I go to not just see hockey but to be a part of the atmosphere. I can watch hockey at home, being at games is supposed to be the end all be all of atmosphere and thats why we pay. The stuff we used to be a part of like the carnivals, not the gifts. The real tangible fun.

Now I am not saying that some people dont ***** and moan for the sake of it. Of course some do, some always will. But the best way I can put it is the White Out T-Shirt example.

I dont need anymore free crappy t-shirts. When free mine ended up at Goodwill anyways, as rags or by the end of the playoffs to people asking for extra as I left games. I can also afford to got to d sporting goods and buy a couple. It has absolutely nothing to do with getting something free. Its about the feeling and excitement we had in 2007, 08, 09 and 10 walking up to the arena, and walking to my seats, popping out into the seating area. Everyone was in white, everyone was yelling, high fiving, hugging, jumping up and down, screaming, it looked awesome, it felt awesome. Me and my friends would have a time that was well worth every penny. Having 50% of people in white just looks and feels stupid. Its not the same. I am not blaming it all on whiteouts, but when you find out your the only team that charges for them, then watch the Philly crowd all in their orange, going crazy a piece of me is jealous of that. It used to be like that for us.

When the Pens decided to just mail me my tickets in an envelope instead of even taking the time to present them nicely like any business would, even if its just a small pointless change it takes a bit away from the experience. Add up a ton of those small pointless changes and some major ones recently and our experience is less.

That is what its about. When you see and hear what other teams do, regardless of how lucky I am to be a season holder, it stings a bit. The Penguins are so far behind its almost laughable.

Ok, now pick from one of these phrases to reply to save yourselves time:
They have a wait list theydont have to do anything, whiner
Give up your seats then, cry baby
You know what I would do to pay $6,000 per year plus food and beer money you ungrateful jerk
Who cares about a free white out t shirt! i am sure you can afford one, good grief ITS A T SHIRT OMG OMG OMG.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Tim Thomasen on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:03 pm

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:This is the only thing I am going to say on the topic, as it blew up last year. Its not about earbuds. Its not about getting stupid little trinkets with your season tickets as a gift. Nobody really wants or needs that stuff. Its about the all around excitement of being a season holder and what going to the games is about, especially for those of us who have been around since before 2005. I go to not just see hockey but to be a part of the atmosphere. I can watch hockey at home, being at games is supposed to be the end all be all of atmosphere and thats why we pay. The stuff we used to be a part of like the carnivals, not the gifts. The real tangible fun.

Now I am not saying that some people dont ***** and moan for the sake of it. Of course some do, some always will. But the best way I can put it is the White Out T-Shirt example.

I dont need anymore free crappy t-shirts. When free mine ended up at Goodwill anyways, as rags or by the end of the playoffs to people asking for extra as I left games. I can also afford to got to d sporting goods and buy a couple. It has absolutely nothing to do with getting something free. Its about the feeling and excitement we had in 2007, 08, 09 and 10 walking up to the arena, and walking to my seats, popping out into the seating area. Everyone was in white, everyone was yelling, high fiving, hugging, jumping up and down, screaming, it looked awesome, it felt awesome. Me and my friends would have a time that was well worth every penny. Having 50% of people in white just looks and feels stupid. Its not the same. I am not blaming it all on whiteouts, but when you find out your the only team that charges for them, then watch the Philly crowd all in their orange, going crazy a piece of me is jealous of that. It used to be like that for us.

When the Pens decided to just mail me my tickets in an envelope instead of even taking the time to present them nicely like any business would, even if its just a small pointless change it takes a bit away from the experience. Add up a ton of those small pointless changes and some major ones recently and our experience is less.

That is what its about. When you see and hear what other teams do, regardless of how lucky I am to be a season holder, it stings a bit. The Penguins are so far behind its almost laughable.

You know what I would do to pay $6,000 per year plus food and beer money you ungrateful jerk
Who cares about a free white out t shirt! i am sure you can afford one, good grief ITS A T SHIRT OMG OMG OMG.

Give up your seats then, cry baby (hey you gave me a list to choose from and I picked one).

I was a partial STH the 1st year we got Crosby (had to give the tickets up because even though I had my license since 2004, I didn't have a car yet and it was a pain to get people to go to the games with me, I regret that decsion ever since) and I could of cared less about how nicely the tickets presented or the crappy gift they sent me. That year ticket holders got a Crosby flag and I have no idea where it went and I could care less. To me, being a ticket holder was about going to the games and cheering on my team and I had fun doing that. It was never about the free perks or the way the tickets are packaged, that was the furthest thing from my mind. It was about being the lucky thousands that were able to get tickets and going to the arena to cheer on my team. That was the perk for me, not some shirt that would be collecting dust in my attic the day after the game or earbuds.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:22 pm

Tim Thomasen wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:This is the only thing I am going to say on the topic, as it blew up last year. Its not about earbuds. Its not about getting stupid little trinkets with your season tickets as a gift. Nobody really wants or needs that stuff. Its about the all around excitement of being a season holder and what going to the games is about, especially for those of us who have been around since before 2005. I go to not just see hockey but to be a part of the atmosphere. I can watch hockey at home, being at games is supposed to be the end all be all of atmosphere and thats why we pay. The stuff we used to be a part of like the carnivals, not the gifts. The real tangible fun.

Give up your seats then, cry baby (hey you gave me a list to choose from and I picked one).

I was a partial STH the 1st year we got Crosby (had to give the tickets up because even though I had my license since 2004, I didn't have a car yet and it was a pain to get people to go to the games with me, I regret that decsion ever since) and I could of cared less about how nicely the tickets presented or the crappy gift they sent me. That year ticket holders got a Crosby flag and I have no idea where it went and I could care less. To me, being a ticket holder was about going to the games and cheering on my team and I had fun doing that. It was never about the free perks or the way the tickets are packaged, that was the furthest thing from my mind. It was about being the lucky thousands that were able to get tickets and going to the arena to cheer on my team. That was the perk for me, not some shirt that would be collecting dust in my attic the day after the game or earbuds.

That was my point though, really. I feel lucky to go to games, but its changed. Its not about the free stuff, but when we all had those shirts it was the best experience possible, those games were a blast, 1st round - 4th round. Whether it was the shirts or not, it doesnt matter. Its the point, nobody actually cares about a crappy t-shirt or a gift, heck just send me $3 instead for all I care. I think people care about the time they spend at the game.

I think thats why you see people complain. Times have changed and the overall experience is less, a lot less. But its hard for people to understand so those just complain about tangible items. But overall its really not about those actual items. Thats my point.

Anyways, thats all Ill say on this.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:27 pm

The experience is what you make of it. I still have fun because it's hockey. It's exciting. I could care less what free **** I get at the door. If I wanted free crap, I'd go to a Pirate game.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:30 pm

MRandall25 wrote:The experience is what you make of it. I still have fun because it's hockey. It's exciting. I could care less what free **** I get at the door. If I wanted free crap, I'd go to a Pirate game.

Geez, I cant be more clear. It has nothing to do with free crap. And Im sorry if the atmosphere adds to the enjoyment of the game for a lot of us. I can be as loud and have as much fun as I want its not the same.

I really mean it this time, thats my point. Off to other threads.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Tim Thomasen on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:34 pm

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:The experience is what you make of it. I still have fun because it's hockey. It's exciting. I could care less what free **** I get at the door. If I wanted free crap, I'd go to a Pirate game.

Geez, I cant be more clear. It has nothing to do with free crap. And Im sorry if the atmosphere adds to the enjoyment of the game for a lot of us. I can be as loud and have as much fun as I want its not the same.

I really mean it this time, thats my point. Off to other threads.

Shirts and earbuds don't really add to the atmosphere. A quality product on the other hand or cheering on your team does.

I'm with Randall on this one, if I wanted free bobbleheads, figuarines, plates or shirts i'll go to a Pirate game. I would pay hundreds of dollars to see the club in person.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby drnort on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:54 pm

I dont care that they sent earbuds....I dont expect them to send something nicer...or anything at all. That doesnt change the fact that its a crappy gift.
drnort
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins