Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Cowboys

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Cowboys

Postby Godric on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:25 am

skullman80 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:Terrell Owens is also going to be a HOF receiver, and rightfully so.

Of course, but I was refuting Godric's point that to be a HOF receiver you have to be an intelligent person. That is light years from the truth

Good point. lol

It's a terrible point and is akin to saying shaf must be an idiot compared to TO because Er'body know physical fitness is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Godric on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 am

Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:49 am

tifosi77 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:I don't mind a lot of the celebrating, but the one that irritates me to no end is when they get a first down, hold the ball out, and drop it. Toss it to the official you showboating ****, congratulations on your 8 yard gain on a 3rd and 6

Those are definitely terrible, but in my opinion the most egregious offenses are definsive players celebrating a tackle after a decent offensive gain and special teams players celebrating after hitting the guy with the ball on a kick return.

I have no problem with the special teams guys going ballistic when they make a play. For many of those guys, that's the only way they stay in the NFL. And it requires a certain personality or mindset (like being a hockey goalie). I want my special teams guy to be a little..... excitable. (basically everything ExPat said)

And wasn't Santonio Holmes the first guy to do the first-down-ball-drop thing Shaf is talking about?

Not that im givin him a pass, but holmes was and is a lot better than brown.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to NHR