2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby skullman80 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Dude is still making millions of dollars, hard to feel bad for him. He seems like a standup nice guy, but as a QB he sucks... how the Jets didn't realize he sucked before they traded for him is beyond me, but whatever.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,917
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Can't be any worse than Mark Sanchez has been
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,609
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby skullman80 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Oh Sanchez sucks too no doubt. Sorry I was just never aboard the Tebow bandwagon. I think he'll be out of the NFL if not this year by next year and end up in the CFL or something.

Like I said dude seems like a nice guy, but he's not an NFL QB.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,917
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Rocco on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:43 pm

Tebow had a choice between the Jags and the Jets. He chose the Jets. I don't feel any sympathy for him.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 32,947
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:27 am

skullman80 wrote:Oh Sanchez sucks too no doubt. Sorry I was just never aboard the Tebow bandwagon. I think he'll be out of the NFL if not this year by next year and end up in the CFL or something.

Like I said dude seems like a nice guy, but he's not an NFL QB.

I was just coming here to discuss this. I concur.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,341
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:36 am

Stillers new back up
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,540
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:42 am

I would stop support for the steelers if that happened
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,341
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby joopen on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:43 am

Just imagine the prayer sessions between him and Troy
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,675
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:44 am

joopen wrote:Just imagine the prayer sessions between him and Troy


Tebow is a Protestant, Troy is a devout Catholic. Thirty Years' War all over again
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,604
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:50 am

more likely to break single season yardage record: megatron or AP?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,540
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Pavel Bure on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:55 am

Rocco wrote:Tebow had a choice between the Jags and the Jets. He chose the Jets. I don't feel any sympathy for him.

That's not true. Jags ownership wanted him, Jags coaches and GM did not. The Jets were the only option.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,403
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Alejandro Rojas on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:01 pm

Troy, like myself, is Eastern Orthodox.
Alejandro Rojas
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:08 pm
Location: Aloha Means Goodbye

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Rocco on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:56 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
Rocco wrote:Tebow had a choice between the Jags and the Jets. He chose the Jets. I don't feel any sympathy for him.

That's not true. Jags ownership wanted him, Jags coaches and GM did not. The Jets were the only option.


http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_ ... ource-says

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/12/2 ... ebow-home/

The Jaguars pursued Tebow last offseason when they offered the Denver Broncos a similar deal that the Jets gave, but Tebow reportedly choose to go to the Jets because he had a better chance to play quarterback.
Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/12/2 ... i0QgldG.99


He could have gone to either place but wanted to be in New York.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 32,947
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby joopen on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:22 pm

Rocco wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
Rocco wrote:Tebow had a choice between the Jags and the Jets. He chose the Jets. I don't feel any sympathy for him.

That's not true. Jags ownership wanted him, Jags coaches and GM did not. The Jets were the only option.


http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_ ... ource-says

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/12/2 ... ebow-home/

The Jaguars pursued Tebow last offseason when they offered the Denver Broncos a similar deal that the Jets gave, but Tebow reportedly choose to go to the Jets because he had a better chance to play quarterback.
Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/12/2 ... i0QgldG.99


He could have gone to either place but wanted to be in New York.


So what you're saying is even Tim Tebow knows Mark Sanchez sucks and is worse than Blaine Gabbert
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,675
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:23 pm

TO is on First Take talking about his time in Philly. According to him, he was the "escape goat"
DudeMan2766
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,640
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: ....WE'RE IN THE SUPERDOME BRUTHERS!

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Froggy on Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:07 pm

hey, atl d... maybe look for calvin johnson out there. ok?
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,088
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Froggy on Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:52 pm

Matt Ryan is UNREAL tonight! in one half, 15/16... 184 yds... 3 TDs...
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,088
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:58 pm

Detroit is absolutely terrible on the back end. One of the worst secondaries I have ever seen
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,604
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Froggy on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:31 am

i am so glad we let stefan logan go
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,088
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby blackjack68 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:45 am

Congrats to Calvin Johnson.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,127
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:12 am
Location: formerly Pittsburgh, now NJ

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Rocco on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:09 am

blackjack68 wrote:Congrats to Calvin Johnson.


Young Money thinks he'd be even better if he had a stupid dance he did after each of his catches.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 32,947
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Staggy on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:22 am

Pretty cool how the NFC North has arguably the best quarterback in the league, and not so arguably the best running back and wide receiver.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,675
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:33 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Froggy on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:24 am

Staggy wrote:Pretty cool how the NFC North has arguably the best quarterback in the league, and not so arguably the best running back and wide receiver.


maybe the best 2 wide receivers
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,088
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby SolidSnake on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:21 pm

OK since when did Tony Romo become the best QB in the NFL?
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,417
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: "Whatcha you be smokin' cuz? you guys aren't nothing but hoopty"

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Kaizer on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:42 pm

SolidSnake wrote:OK since when did Tony Romo become the best QB in the NFL?


since he won all those playoff games
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,007
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:02 am
Location: Severnaya

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kovyfalcon27, offsides and 5 guests

e-mail