I'm Sick.

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: I'm Sick.

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:07 am

penny lane wrote:Feel better. If you can, stay under the covers.
I had a chest cold with cough that lasted 4 weeks. I didn't have a fever or upset stomach.

If you have a bronchial cold.
Spoiler:

ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Kraftster on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:08 am

mac5155 wrote:
Kraftster wrote:
mac5155 wrote:What do you mean, like I take an antibiotic twice a month?

Overuse/unnecessary use of antibiotics increases the overall exposure of bacteria to antibiotics, allowing the germs to build up a resistance to antibiotics, which is bad news. Also, self-medicating with antibiotics (which is possible due to overprescribing them and leaving people with "leftovers"), which often involves taking less than full doses, results in suboptimal levels of antibiotics being present, which also allows bacteria the opportunity to build up resistances.

Ah I see. Well this has happened like 3 times in the past 2 years so its not like its a monthly occurrence. When I do get them I take the whole dose. I was always told its bad not to take the whole (usually) 7 day dosage.

That's not bad then. I know people who have amoxicillin with them at all times and take it everytime they get a cold "just in case."
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mac5155 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:12 am

Oh no. My main reason for using it is when I get Amoxicillin it costs me like $3.50 with my insurance. Its just easier/cheaper to take that than Nyquill
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:14 am

DropEmJayBird wrote:I went to med express and got amoxicillin, should I have asked for a z-pac? they should much cooler.

Azithromiticin or something like that. Usually in my experience Med Express gives Z packs and doctors give Amoxicillin. I hate going to med express though.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitt87 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:34 am

columbia wrote:That's why I usually ask for a Z-PAC, when the doctor wants to prescribe one. 3 days and your done.

Usually? How often do you take them? Not smart to get antibiotics all the time... you'll end up with super-bacteria...
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Mr. Colby on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Mr. Colby wrote:I have a really bad head cold and a fever. I was pretty much a waste of space at christmas dinner. I'm so stuffed up I can't even lay down

Moments before posting this, I took a double-dose of Nyquil.

Moments after posting this, I went into an 11-hour uninterrupted sleep, then woke up in the same position I fell asleep.

Still feel like garbage though.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to NHR