Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:33 pm

My lovely wife got me BLOPS II for Christmas. Is it like many other titles in that genre? Of course. However, that certainly doesn't mean I don't have an absolute blast playing it. The customization is fun wit the multiplayer classes, and I like the new way they do killstreaks and whatnot.

I played last night for the first time, and posted a pretty respectable K:D (1.3 or so). Obviously there's a lot more to that game than K:D, but certainly nice to know I still have it against the young'uns
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:35 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:My lovely wife got me BLOPS II for Christmas. Is it like many other titles in that genre? Of course. However, that certainly doesn't mean I don't have an absolute blast playing it. The customization is fun wit the multiplayer classes, and I like the new way they do killstreaks and whatnot.

I played last night for the first time, and posted a pretty respectable K:D (1.3 or so). Obviously there's a lot more to that game than K:D, but certainly nice to know I still have it against the young'uns

Go just knife. Once you get the gold knife you know you have arrived. (I am 4 bloodthirstys away and I don't think I will ever do it.)
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:35 pm

Rylan wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:My lovely wife got me BLOPS II for Christmas. Is it like many other titles in that genre? Of course. However, that certainly doesn't mean I don't have an absolute blast playing it. The customization is fun wit the multiplayer classes, and I like the new way they do killstreaks and whatnot.

Go just knife. Once you get the gold knife you know you have arrived. (I am 4 bloodthirstys away and I don't think I will ever do it.)

haha I did have a couple of knife kills...how many do you have to get for that?
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:37 pm

A lot. And when I mean just knife, I mean you go into games with either just one gun or no guns. Otherwise the knife kills don't count towards eventually getting the gold knife.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:30 pm

Dudes, I really recommend Rochard. I think it's one of the best little games on PSN. Controls are like butter. Crisp graphics. It's a puzzler and a shooter. Some puzzles are easy... some make you think for a while. Pretty good stuff. Only played like 2 hours total, but I'm into it. The item/weapon you use is a gravity manipulator, so you can lift up / move boxes to help you get places (you can also throw them at bots, security cameras, or bad dudes that invade). I just upgraded my grav. manipulator and it can now shoot red lasers. Cool thing is when you switch to low gravity, you can jump really high and kinda float around. If you have a few bucks laying around, grab this game.

Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:47 pm

new hitman game is available for download on amazon for 19.99 and 29.99 for the professional edition
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:06 pm

Between Far Cry 3 and Rise of Nations I have been having a blast lately. I forgot how much fun RoN was. Such a fantastic game.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:06 pm

LoZ Links Awakening on Minecraft in stop motion. Are you kidding me?!

Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby tifosi77 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Just about to finish Warfighter. Another too-short campaign, but overall I thought it was a really great story and very well told and acted. I definitely like these games over COD. I hope the generally negative reviews of the game don't inhibit EA/DICE from making a third title.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ajh2298 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:04 pm

tifosi77 wrote:Just about to finish Warfighter. Another too-short campaign, but overall I thought it was a really great story and very well told and acted. I definitely like these games over COD. I hope the generally negative reviews of the game don't inhibit EA/DICE from making a third title.

Same way I felt about Warfighter way too short but very good story wise. I would have been happy if the 2-3 driving missions would have been replaced with more normal FPS gameplay.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pavel Bure on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:31 pm

Just started GTA: San Andreas for the first time ever. Holy **** this game is huge.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby eddysnake on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:44 am

Anyone know how much you can get for trading in a wii?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the wicked child on Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:08 pm

I'm guessing like 20 bucks at this point.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:42 am

There is a weird game out called Retro City Rampage. It's an 8-bit adaptation of GTA. Pretty freaky.

Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:44 am

Started R&C Crack in Time today. Love the flying between planets and the space shootouts.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:42 am

Played some guitar hero 3 last night. Good times
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Stoosh on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:17 am

Downloaded the first Mass Effect game a couple of weeks ago to my PS3, so I've been playing that while also finishing up the second ME2-ME3 play-through that I already had in the works. Having the original Mass Effect will give me an opportunity to take another Shepard storyline the entire way through the series.

Best part is seeing the introductions of some of the people/places I'd obviously only seen before in ME2 and ME3. Case in point - never realized that when they first teamed up, Shepard was kind of a d*ck to Garrus. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the Thorian mission on Feros and just came across what I believe was the first mention of Cerberus. It's pretty cool finally getting to see and play through the beginnings of the story.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:22 am

Got the DS remake of Final Fantasy IV yesterday, so I'll probably start playing through that soon.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:16 am

I know I'm behind, but got Zelda Skyward Sword. I probably wont' get to it though for like a year. I still have Lego Batman 2 (just started), Metroid OTher M, and Zelda Twighlight Princess on my list before this.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Shyster on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:26 pm

Finished up Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Great game and a worthy sequel to the original Deus Ex, which IMO is one of the best PC games of all time. There are multiple ways to complete the game’s various objectives, and you can generally be as sneaky or as kick-butt as you want to be. The only knock would be the game’s ending(s), which I thought were rather weak:

Spoiler:
I thought it was weak to basically have the game offer you a button to press for each ending you wanted. They could have at least coupled some sort of different task to each ending. Also, from some post-game research and my own knowledge of having played both prior Deus Ex games, it appears that the canon ending for this game is the one where Adam Jensen destroys Panchaea and the Hyron Project and in the process kills himself. It’s pretty unsatisfactory to spend hours playing a game where the canon ending is a suicide.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:25 pm

newarenanow wrote:I know I'm behind, but got Zelda Skyward Sword. I probably wont' get to it though for like a year. I still have Lego Batman 2 (just started), Metroid OTher M, and Zelda Twighlight Princess on my list before this.

That looks really good. Shocker: I never played any Zelda games. I know, I suck. Watched this excellent review just now. The guy loves the game and, from what I'm seeing, I would really like to experience it. They say it's about 50-100 hours long.

Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Skyward Sword was amazing.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ajh2298 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:37 pm

Anybody with X-Box Live the first part of "The Walking Dead" is free for the next couple of days to download if you want to give it a try. The other 4 parts will be on-sale on 12/28 only via the marketplace.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Produ ... ?cid=SLink
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:53 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Played some guitar hero 3 last night. Good times

Every now and then when my wife are drinking a few we love to fire up GH and play head-to-head (this is one of the few games she is better than me at). We have a bunch of them, got them cheap online
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Shyster on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Upon review of the 70-something games I have waiting on Steam (cannot… resist… seasonal… sales… 75%… off… blarg… ) I’m going to play Grand Theft Auto IV next. I hope it’s as good as GTA: San Andreas, which I thought was a really good game.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to NHR