Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:14 pm

Shyster wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:70 games!?!?

Upon actually taking the time to count the items I have in my Steam library, I realized that my estimate of 70 unplayed games was a fair bit off. It's actually 97.

Can you somehow generate a list? I'd be curious to see what you're into.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:24 pm

Sounds to me that his answer would be "Everything."
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:58 pm

Rylan wrote:Spawning a car on top of a skyscraper and driving off was actually really rewarding for me in GTA 4. Man did I love the carnage of a high speed wreck in that game.

Haha I did the exact same thing. There is a skyscraper in the north part of midtown that doesn't have anything blocking the ledge that I frequented
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:55 pm

Just picked up a wii u & realized all my unfinished wii games progress is all probably lost or do they save to disc? Virtual console gone too im guessing
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rylan on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:58 pm

eddysnake wrote:Just picked up a wii u & realized all my unfinished wii games progress is all probably lost or do they save to disc? Virtual console gone too im guessing

Sorry boss. But yea you are going to start over.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:59 pm

Some games will let you copy stuff to SD card. Might be able to transfer some saves that way.

I wouldn't count on being able to access your VC stuff given the way they tied the accounts to the console.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:35 pm

I literally stare in amazement of the number of games Sarcastic can plow through in a given month. I get maybe 2 games a year, end up zoning in on one and don't even play it enough to finish. I got AC3 2 months ago and have put in maybe 6 hours.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bhaw on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:44 pm

I'm actually excited for the new Sim City. I played 2000 a ton when I was little and stopped after that version. I may even pre-order it...

It's a type of game I like, plus it allows for the constant child interruptions where you don't have to worry about some 12 year old shooting you while you change your daughter's diaper (or listen to Rylan complain about me running around so much). And if you get bored, you can throw in some disasters to satiate your need to destroy things.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:56 pm

bhaw wrote:I literally stare in amazement of the number of games Sarcastic can plow through in a given month. I get maybe 2 games a year, end up zoning in on one and don't even play it enough to finish. I got AC3 2 months ago and have put in maybe 6 hours.

What do you mean? This given month I am doing... well, I did R&C Tools, did the little game Rochard that took like... not sure, maybe 6 or 8 hours and was amazing, and now I'm doing R&C Crack. Probably halfway through. I only play few to several hours a day, typically, although there are days I can play most of the day since I don't work 9-5. And I routinely take days off from playing. I spend more time with my bass(es)/music than I do with games. I wish I could play more!

Ohhh (re-read your post), if you are doing just 2 games a year, I get it then. Yeah, but I think there are people here who play more than I do.

What I am blown away is how Rylan can finish all those long games. Or how whoever above it was decided to play Mass Effect 1/2/3. I literally don't have time to play that or Red Dead Redemption or Dead Island or Far Cry because they're too damn long. Maybe I could make more time, but as I play I often start feeling guilty that I should be doing something more productive. You guys ever get that?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:00 pm

I just notice you typically post the most new games you have gotten/played/going to get. If you are doing shorter games, it makes sense, but I always see you posting new games you are working on (not in a bad way, just amazed).

There are probably others that play more, but for some reason your posts stand out in this thread as posting the most games.

Maybe I could make more time, but as I play I often start feeling guilty that I should be doing something more productive. You guys ever get that?

The inevitable screaming infant 1-2 hours into any gaming session (at night) makes me get that, lol.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:07 pm

Yeah, I have a pile of games that I have yet to play and I don't know when I'll get to them. I figure if I see something at a good price, why not get it. Figure it out later. Because if I don't get it, I'll either forget about it and never get it, ever, or it will sell out and I'll have to pay 3 times as much for a collector's item. I literally have games still for the PC from several years ago I haven't gotten to. :evil:

You'll hopefully get more time to play when the kid gets a little older so you could sit him or her down with their own video game. Unless the wife saddles you with another infant, lol.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby offsides on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:46 pm

bhaw wrote:I literally stare in amazement of the number of games Sarcastic can plow through in a given month. I get maybe 2 games a year, end up zoning in on one and don't even play it enough to finish. I got AC3 2 months ago and have put in maybe 6 hours.

You're a slacker McFly.......... :wink:
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby offsides on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:49 pm

Sarcastic wrote: Maybe I could make more time, but as I play I often start feeling guilty that I should be doing something more productive. You guys ever get that?

NO
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the wicked child on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:54 pm

offsides wrote:
Sarcastic wrote: Maybe I could make more time, but as I play I often start feeling guilty that I should be doing something more productive. You guys ever get that?

NO

That's pride **** with you. **** pride. It never helps, it only hurts
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:17 pm

Someone posted this on Reddit today....and then I checked the address:

http://imgur.com/a/YHsbJ

Might need to make a detour on my next journey westward.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:33 pm

That's like 25 mins from me, gonna haveta go out there.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby malkinshair on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:45 pm

Just picked up Far Cry 3. So psyched. I'll have to wait til tomorrow morning to start it, though...ugh.

I had a $25 Christmas giftcard to Gamestop, and returned Uncharted 3, Undead Nightmare, and Grid. They gave may $26 for those 3 games (extra 50% for trade in right now). FC3 is on sale for $49. I had to pay a dollar. Wooooo!!!
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rylan on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:25 pm

The reason I can plow through games is because I have literally not much else to do these past 4 months. I was on bed rest for 2 of them and the last 2 I am still not capable of being active. So yea lol I have lots of free time.

As for yelling at bhaw, its only cause we would be working together and then all of a sudden he does a 180 and I end up inadvertently destroyed by enemies cause he didn't back me up lol
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:14 am

AC III is amazing. I think since I know a lot more about American history than I do 15th century Europe it is making it more fun for me.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:36 am

Yeah, I preordered SimCity already. I, too, played 2000 a lot back in the day. It's a game that our whole family will enjoy, including Madame CFO, lol.

I picked up NFS Most Wanted for the various mobile devices in the house. Good game, looks great on my S3.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Idoit40fans on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:42 am

I actually just stopped playing AC III. I don't really care for it all that much. The story is interesting, but jumping through time so frequently is really annoying. The recruiting assassins thing was interesting in the other games and this one sets itself up better to incorporate that than any other game in the series. Not sure why they skipped out on it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby malkinshair on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:39 pm

Started Far Cry 3. Pretty awesome so far. Already got crushed by a group of komodo dragons. I'm only a couple of missions in, but I've been exploring a little bit. Guns feel awesome, stealth much better than FC2.

I think I'm gonna be playing this one for a while. :thumb:
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Rylan wrote:The reason I can plow through games is because I have literally not much else to do these past 4 months. I was on bed rest for 2 of them and the last 2 I am still not capable of being active. So yea lol I have lots of free time.

How's that foot doing anyway? Now that you're doing better and the prognosis is good, want to share some pictures if you took any? You can zip them up and upload somewhere. I'm talking a really bloody one right after it happened.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tim Thomasen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Even though it's a oldie, Monopoly for NES. Played it last night for close to an hour. It was fun for a while but it got boring towards the end.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby Rylan on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:30 pm

I only have 1 pic and it was taken nearly 6 weeks to 2 months after the accident.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR